• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

BELGIUUUUUUUUUM!

TOUS ENSEMBLE!!

(sorry, had to get that out of my system). We'll probably go against Portugal in the next round, and that sucks as I would've loved to see both teams higher (I'm a Belgian totally in love with Portugal as a country)

Also, after the 1-0 I had to go out the house, and passing by the river by bike the tourist boats were full of women and no men :D Was incredibly funny. Also passed a boat where they were listening to the radio and shouting the score to everyone on a bike who passed.

Shito

So, apparently the supporters from Island in the stadium right now represent 5% of the total population, and the 5th town in the whole country.

I feel sorry for real Ireland, I hope Italy brings their B team for game 3.

looks like Portugal will either face Belgium or Italy in the KO round

John Dunbar

correct about everything
ooops Italy faces Runner up Group D, not F

I think Portugal should aim 2nd place to avoid Beligum. England or Wales would be better match ups

2nd place in that group is really the winner. whoever actually "wins" that group will most likely have to play Belgium > Germany > Spain if they want to get to the final.

edit: my mistake, germany is in group c, not b.

I really don't know where I stand on that call guys, part of me says penalty worthy, other part says No, goalie gets a bit of a break for being aggressive. (granted he is aggressively going after the ball , but not blatantly trying to trip a player)

Shito

The penalty wasn't for what they showed in the replay. That replay was terrible...
Yeah it seems to me it was for the following thing with the defender.
Either way, Island was getting the best occasions lately, so it's not like it's too much of a robbery... Even if they were quite sloppy in the box. ^^

luso

Yeah it seems to me it was for the following thing with the defender.
Either way, Island was getting the best occasions lately, so it's not like it's too much of a robbery... Even if they were quite sloppy in the box. ^^

Yes. Otherwise, lol penalty.
Will they show a replay? If not, only the wide camera showed it...

BlizzKrut

Banned
Every comment on /r/soccer right now in the match thread is people wishing Portugal doesn't go through, this is honestly quite a shock to me, are we the "bad guys" now? Since when?

Shito

Every comment on /r/soccer right now in the match thread is people wishing Portugal doesn't go through, this is honestly quite a shock to me, are we the "bad guys" now? Since when?
Probably because of Ronaldo?
Even though he seems like a nice guy, he has a "cocky" and sometimes "whiny" attitude that probably gets under people skin?
I know I only want Portugal to do bad because I have a Portuguese coworker who takes football WAY too seriously. ^^

CR7's on the pitch whiinig + Pepe's dirty antics + Barça fans hating on Real Madrid players

we don't mind being the villains

Croyles

Yes it was the second thing that the referee decided penalty on. They cleared that up now.

Trouble is it was also no way a penalty.

Shito

Oh Portugal is playing in Paris?
Consider this as a home game then, Paris is the third Portuguese town in the World... like, for real.

Yes it was the second thing that the referee decided penalty on. They cleared that up now.

Trouble is it was also no way a penalty.
Haha.
Didn't get the replay, but yeah it seemed weak during the live action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom