• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sequence of replays is trying to suggest the Irish should have had a penalty (high boot) right before that Belgian counter lead to their first goal.

Podge293

BEL-SWE is going to be interesting

Eh I doubt it. Sweden aren't a great team. And if Belgium play even half as good as today they'll still smash them

That sequence of replays is trying to suggest the Irish should have had a penalty (high boot) right before that Belgian counter lead to their first goal.

Sure that was the case. Long kicked in the head. Foot can't really go any higher against someone's body

caramac

DiniybR.gif

[Fugo]

And there it is. Getting a positive result against Italy? Yeah...... Congrats Belgium.

*goes off to mow lawn*

well with this result Italy is mathematically 1st in the group. Conte will let all the main player rest, the reserves team of course will still try to play well and look good, but certainly not "to de death" to avoid any injuries... so there's still a good chance for Eire, since it's for all the intent and purposes a meaningless game for Italy, pride aside.

IvanJ

Banned
It seems I was correct yesterday, Belgium should have no problems with Sweden, but even a draw puts them in #2, and both Ireland and Sweden are out.
This looks like a definite group with only two teams going forward.
The other 3rd place loser is someone with 3 points, right now Slovakia is looking like it, unless N.Ireland gets destroyed by Germany.
But both are relatively safe in case Turkey beats Czechia, since Turks have 0-4 goal difference right now. (EDIT: Draw eliminates both Turks and Czechs)

How are you going to manage that with no points? :p

We will beat Czech. I'm going to the game as well :)

Belgium beating Ireland was good for us. Now we need Italy to beat Ireland and Belgium to beat Sweden or draw.

Then we just need Romania-Albania to draw and that's us through as top 4 of 3rd placed teams.

That would mean us being Czech would put us above Ireland on 3rd place race.

If the above don't go our way, then other combinations from other groups will work as well.

Of course if we don't beat Czech then all this talk means nothing lol.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
just realised how fucked up this system is when it comes to deciding the match-ups for the next round. four teams that finish first in their groups get to play third place scrubs, but three have to play runner-ups. italy for example won their group, but they have to play (most likely) either spain or croatia next round.

Italy officially tops Group E, making them the first team to have its position in the last 16 finalized.

Also means our opponents will be either Croatia (ick) Spain (All of the nope) or Czech Republic (the least awful).

Well I know who I'm rooting for on Tuesday.

IvanJ

Banned
Italy officially tops Group E, making them the first team to have its position in the last 16 finalized.

Also means our opponents will be either Croatia (ick) Spain (All of the nope) or Czech Republic (the least awful).

Well I know who I'm rooting for on Tuesday.

Fun fact: Last time Italy won vs. Croatia - a friendly match in 1942 :)

Fun fact: Last time Italy won vs. Croatia - a friendly match in 1942 :)

And that's why I dread facing Croatia. On top of having not won against them in nearly 75 years, we've never been able to defeat them in a meaningful match. It's always ended in a tie or a loss. Maybe that changes but I'm not holding my breath.

SephiZack

Honestly, I'd rather face Croatia than Spain in the round of 16. Then we can face Spain in the final and get revenge there for last time.

Lego Boss

It seems I was correct yesterday, Belgium should have no problems with Sweden, but even a draw puts them in #2, and both Ireland and Sweden are out.
This looks like a definite group with only two teams going forward.
The other 3rd place loser is someone with 3 points, right now Slovakia is looking like it, unless N.Ireland gets destroyed by Germany.
But both are relatively safe in case Turkey beats Czechia, since Turks have 0-4 goal difference right now. (EDIT: Draw eliminates both Turks and Czechs)

Goddamn how are you even working this out?

Do you bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom