• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Nice goal!

Not accusing you, just clarifying and I understand no malice was intended. I've long wondered why "Eire" is so prevalent in the UK to refer to Ireland mind you. Anyway back to Ireland's luck running out. :(
Well, thanks to that discussion, I've looked up the Wikipedia page and learnt of why that spelling difference can be seen as dismissive for Irish speaking people, so thanks to both of you for that. ^^

Dinokill

Tell that to all the participants playing at the Euros for the first time in years. If anything it should be expanded to 32 teams.

And oh look, Belgium goes ahead. Plums. :(

Lol, no! The teams should have to win the right to be here. Adding more teams devalues the tournament. 32 teams for an Euro is a joke.

Tell that to all the participants playing at the Euros for the first time in years. If anything it should be expanded to 32 teams.

And oh look, Belgium goes ahead. Plums. :(

I think its a great idea given most smaller nations only have like max 1 superstar and almost never otherwise get a reason to watch. And we all know its almost always same nations anyway that goes far.

Atleast this is not as terrible as the qualifier with those super boring filler games like facing Luxemburg that pretty much fields random players from the streets.

caramac

WQqw7O8.gif

Lego Boss

Not accusing you, just clarifying and I understand no malice was intended. I've long wondered why "Eire" is so prevalent in the UK to refer to Ireland mind you. Anyway back to Ireland's luck running out. :(

OK. If it is a loaded term then l'll use ROI in future.

Belgium's are asking the Irish to pause the game because their own player is sitting on the pitch with an injury, yet they decided to play further once they had the ball.

Talking about no sportsmanship. And then they get angry at Ireland. Wow. Just, wow.

Shito

Belgium's are asking the Irish to pause the game because their own player is sitting on the pitch with an injury, yet they decided to play further once they had the ball.

Talking about no sportsmanship. And then they get angry at Ireland. Wow. Just, wow.
Yeah, good ruling by the referee there for once.
The rule is that it's the referee's job to decide if the play should stop or not, It's not up to the players. This should be enforced more often...

Oriel

Nice goal!

Well, thanks to that discussion, I've looked up the Wikipedia page and learnt of why that spelling difference can be seen as dismissive for Irish speaking people, so thanks to both of you for that. ^^

And then there's FIFA insisting Ireland plays under the name of "Republic of Ireland", despite the country being officially called just "Ireland". The French national football team doesn't play under the name French Republic after all.

Lol, no! The teams should have to win the right to be here. Adding more teams devalues the tournament. 32 teams for an Euro is a joke.

The won the right to play at the Euros in the qualifying rounds. Why settle at an arbitrary number like 16 teams anyway? Many are quite satisfied with this new formula. Oh, and you probanly won't want to watch the new Europe Nations League in a few years time which features all 53 UEFA members. Can't wait myself.

Oriel

I think its a great idea given most smaller nations only have like max 1 superstar and almost never otherwise get a reason to watch. And we all know its almost always same nations anyway that goes far.

Atleast this is not as terrible as the qualifier with those super boring filler games like facing Luxemburg that pretty much fields random players from the streets.

Lol, I actually love the qualifiers.

OK. If it is a loaded term then l'll use ROI in future.

Don't worry about it.

Fake edit: and that's us finished. Was always going to be a tough group.

Dinokill

And then there's FIFA insisting Ireland plays under the name of "Republic of Ireland", despite the country being officially called just "Ireland". The French national football team doesn't play under the name French Republic after all.

The won the right to play at the Euros in the qualifying rounds. Why settle at an arbitrary number like 16 teams anyway? Many are quite satisfied with this new formula. Oh, and you probanly won't want to watch the new Europe Nations League in a few years time which features all 53 UEFA members. Can't wait myself.

Can't wait for Andorra vs Luxemburgo.

I find the Irish a much more attractive country in comparison to Turkey when it comes down to overall play style and persistence across the pitch.

Difference of night and day between yesterday's match and this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom