• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunkley

I think this will give a lot of confidence to us, even if we didn't score a goal.

I expected this to be a bloodbath but I admit I am really proud of my team.

And by that I mean Almer. What a fucking man.

Akai__

German Reporter: "What were you thinking when Christiano Ronaldo went to the Penalty position?"

Alaba: "Fuck. I thought fuck."

lol

Celine

Yes, he makes mistakes sometimes in intense situations, like all strikers. You know what's not common among all strikers? Scoring a bazillion goals.
What intense situation? The chance he had in first half was clean and missed it because he went with the right foot instead of the left foot.
It's a basic error which an above average player like him shouldn't do.

Well good for Portugal that it has a player that score a bazillion goals.

Tugatrix

tumblr_mzdunpdIhl1ru72puo1_400.gif

(breath...breath)

Put them on a plane and get them here

Deep down, I want Portugal to progress and go as far as possible. Their incompetence combined with their intensity somehow makes them entertaining as hell to watch. Meanwhile the strong teams play with a much slower, methodical pace.

Ronaldo gets it tight, because of the perception that he is an arrogant prima donna.

Whether that perception is accurate or not, I don't know. But he certainly didn't do himself any favours with his behaviour at the end of the Iceland match. It's not the first time he's shown questionable behaviour on and off the pitch.

jelly

Very amusing :D

Ronaldo is a me me glory hunter so it's always funny when he fails.

He always takes the 5th pen in shoot outs because he wants the glory as an example.

Shito

French TV just showed a video from after the match, where Ronaldo waits for like an eternity for a fan next to him to prepare a selfie, reassuring 3 different people from the staff that "no it's ok, let him do", before the fan finally gets his selfie.

Guy can be a prick when it comes to the game, but he seems reaaaally good off the pitch.

French TV just showed a video from after the match, where Ronaldo waits for like an eternity for a fan next to him to prepare a selfie, reassuring 3 different people from the staff that "no it's ok, let him do", before the fan finally gets his selfie.

Guy can be a prick when it comes to the game, but he seems reaaaally good off the pitch.

Yeah noticed that too sometimes, also with the kids at the beginning. He is really nice

Andrefpvs

Yeah noticed that too sometimes, also with the kids at the beginning. He is really nice

Ronaldo also gives away lots of money to charities. In fact, he was the world's most charitable sportsperson last year.

His arrogance and attitude derive from his high competitiveness and desire to win. So you'll always catch him saying off-putting stuff if he's frustrated about his job. And it's totally okay to not like what he says sometimes.

However, there is no doubt that outside of all that and outside of football, he is a nice person.

Oersted

Ronaldo also gives away lots of money to charities. In fact, he was the world's most charitable sportsperson last year.

His arrogance and attitude derive from his high competitiveness and desire to win. So you'll always catch him saying off-putting stuff if he's frustrated about his job. And it's totally okay to not like what he says sometimes.

However, there is no doubt that outside of all that and outside of football, he is a nice person.

He has to learn to deal with his frustrations. Ronaldo isn't 18 anymore.

QWb4ak0.jpg

LpzTYMF.jpg

Video of that.

Andrefpvs

Number of free kicks by Ronaldo across Euro and World Cups: 36
Number of goals on FK by Ronaldo in Euro or WC: 0

Yeah, this pisses me off. The last free kick Portugal had today was PERFECT for Raphael Guerreiro -- in fact, Guerreiro scored his only free kick ever for Portugal, from that position.

It's time for the coaches to grow some balls and tell Ronaldo that not all free kicks are his.

Yeah, this pisses me off. The last free kick Portugal had today was PERFECT for Raphael Guerreiro -- in fact, Guerreiro scored his only free kick ever for Portugal, from that position.

It's time for the coaches to grow some balls and tell Ronaldo that not all free kicks are his.

Also, this is the fourth time Ronaldo misses a PK this year.

MrKaepora

Portugal...I don't know if it's a comedy or a tragedy at this point.

Poor Guerreiro can't take a free kick because he may shatter Ronaldo's ego.

Also, nice subs Santos 👌

Baleoce

I genuinely don't understand Portugal. Not only do they have Ronaldo in their team, but in general they have a fairly solid team. How can they not get results in these kind of tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom