• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

He's the only good thing about ITV's football coverage.

There's a tendency in British football coverage (well, not just British football to be fair) to get in ex players as opposed to ex managers, or at least there's an imbalance favouring ex players. I honestly don't care what ex players think about a match, I want to know what managers (preferably those who are still in the game) think about a game before / during and after a match). I think it'd be a lot more interesting personally.
Well, in fairness, a players perspective isn't irrelevant, but I'd just prefer more managers than players on a panel.

jelly

I wonder if Slovakia will take those England changes as a bit of an insult. Hope they get fired up. Would rule them out from winning it.

Jisgsaw

There's a tendency in British football coverage (well, not just British football to be fair) to get in ex players as opposed to ex managers, or at least there's an imbalance favouring ex players. I honestly don't care what ex players think about a match, I want to know what managers (preferably those who are still in the game) think about a game before / during and after a match). I think it'd be a lot more interesting personally.
Well, in fairness, a players perspective isn't irrelevant, but I'd just prefer more managers than players on a panel.

Well managers in function may not be allowed to take those jobs, as it may conflict with their managerial duties, and retired managers are just that, retired, so they probably can't get bothered to do that.

I have to say, I rather liked Netzer on german TV, and really like Scholl. On the other hand, we also have Kahn...

trembli0s

I think it's also a trend in the US as well. Some of it may have to do with the fact that unless you're an arrogant prick, you don't want to criticize someone whose shoes you have been in.

I mean, maybe Mourinho would probably be a god-tier commentator because he would just shit all over everyone, but I imagine most former managers have a level of respect for their peers that you would see less of in former players.

That and former players just generally tend to be more popular as a function of their roles.

RedShift

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore at ITV being shit, but Jesus their app is a piece of shit.

Tries to con you into signing up (you can click sign up, then not now to get past it)

No Chromecast support (come on, it's 2016)

There is HDMI out support, but if the screen locks it turns off.

Why are they given half the matches each time, who is benefitting from this when the Beeb is so undisputably better? Apart from ITV's owners.

Baleoce

I think it's also a trend in the US as well. Some of it may have to do with the fact that unless you're an arrogant prick, you don't want to criticize someone whose shoes you have been in.

I mean, maybe Mourinho would probably be a god-tier commentator because he would just shit all over everyone, but I imagine most former managers have a level of respect for their peers that you would see less of in former players.

That and former players just generally tend to be more popular as a function of their roles.

yeah this probably plays a big part in it.

Number45

Hoddle feeling the need to quantify that two-footed means he can use both his left and right foot.

EDIT: Goalie had all the time in the world to close that down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom