• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

I bet six times this tournament and lost all of them. Albeit they were all couple of pounds each, except the Portugal one which I have bet 20 pounds so fuck Ronaldo, but I feel like I am cursed or something yo.

I've won every bet except 2 that I made to keep interest in matches I didn't care about. I'm better than that.. but at least I only lost winnings of previous days. Still up overall, and should make a few quid tomorrow on England not losing.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So what does Albania need to qualify to get into the next round? So many missed opportunities against France and even today against Romania for added points which would have us in the next round.

Either way huge win for the Albanian program, Good game RomaniaGAF.

I don't see Albania in the next round with only 3 points.
It's unlikely because their goal difference is relatively bad.

Sweden and Ireland are likely to finish with 1 or 2 points in group E so none from that group will probably advance. Should also root for a small victory for Turkey or a draw. Or hope Northern Ireland loses at least 4-0 to Germany.

Bakkus

Albania and whoever finishes third out of Portugal, Hungary, Iceland and Austria will be the two 3rd teams that won't qualify.

FDC1

Switzerland will play Saturday at 3PM (french time) at Saint-Etienne against second of group C (Poland for the moment).
France will play Sunday at 3PM (french time) ay Lyon (for once a great quality field) against 3rd of group C, D or E (likely group C, Northern Ireland for the moment).

eFKac

Switzerland will play Saturday at 3PM (french time) at Saint-Etienne against second of group C (Poland for the moment).
France will play Sunday at 3PM (french time) ay Lyon (for once a great quality field) against 3rd of group C, D or E (likely group C, Northern Ireland for the moment).

Switzerland wouldn't be bad.

Who's the projected rival for first place from Group C?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
interesting that if germany wins their group, which they probably will, and croatia beats spain, which isn't as likely but certainly possible, spain, germany, italy and france would all be on the same side of the draw in the knockout phase.

and in such a case only one thing would be certain: england on the other side of the draw would waste their chance and lose in the quarters to switzerland or something.

Roy is set to do a number of changes ahead of tomorrow's game with Slovakia.

Sturridge, Vardy, Henderson, Wilshere, Clyne and Bertrand in

Kane, Sterling, Rooney, Alli, Walker and Rose out.

What the fuck is wrong with the man. We need to win, it's not the time to piss about with the team.

What the fuck is wrong with the man. We need to win, it's not the time to piss about with the team.

He's doing it on purpose to sabotage Wales' chances of going through. Still salty over those comments Bale made.

I can understand Sturridge and/or Vardy coming in, but dropping Rooney and Walker seems a little strange.

Syder

Though Clyne is a good defender, leaving Walker out when he's been one of our best attacking outlets is stupid.
I don't think changing fullbacks will disrupt the flow we enjoyed in the second half against Wales as long as Roy uses our best attackers. Vardy and Sturridge are the way forward. Alli, Kane and Sterling were poor against Wales and I'll never complain about seeing Rooney out of the side.

If we have Rashford, Sturridge and Vardy on the pitch for long enough we will score goals.

Ruruja

I think Kane would do better with Vardy and Sturridge replacing Sterling and Lallana, he just got no decent passes from them.

jm89

Rooney out why? His being playing well, hell i would go as far as to say his the best performing player on the team.

Are defense haven't being doing bad to need both walker and rose to be replaced.

FDC1

So, France game wasn't too good today?

They were happy with a draw, they did the minimum they had to do, Switzerland wasn't very dangerous. Still, they hit the post 3 times, with a lot more of luck they could have won. The field was horrible too, that didn't help both teams to produce a good performance.

Lego Boss

Rooney out why? His being playing well, hell i would go as far as to say his the best performing player on the team.

Are defense haven't being doing bad to need both walker and rose to be replaced.

This is strange. I think it's OK to change a winning team, but the defence should be settled.

It pains me to say it, but those youngsters need Rooney on the pitch . . .

Coffinhal

Wow, Switzerland got robbed.

Wut ? None of their shots were on target, they had trouble with the Frence defense.

The ground was a mess so it wasn't worth an injury, a tie was a win for everyone. Also France did not have the A team.

Payet and Griezmann did some good shots though.

Serious business is going to start next week, hopefully with better field quality.

patapuf

Yeah, by whomever sold them those shirts!!1

But actually it should be a good thing: "hey referee, look at my shirt, that dude pulled on it like a madman, do something!"

I think after the 7th shirt is ripped the ref might start to be suspicious that they just aren't very good shirts lol.

I was personally expecting Roy to make 4 changes. The obvious ones being Kane and Sterling out, Vardy and Sturridge in.

Ali has done a lot of running and we could do with giving him a little rest so that he can be fresh for the knockout stages so I expected Wilshire to get a start who has apparently been sharp in training.

Finally, even though Walker has been an absolute machine I'd rather him be fresh for knockout stages.

Even with these changes I'd expect us to get some goals against Slovakia whilst balancing rest for the players putting in loads of effort. The decision to rest Rooney will be a mistake in my opinion. He has been performing well in centre midfield. If he is needing a rest that badly I'd take him off at about the 60 minute mark to give Henderson a run out.

I've been a vocal critic of Rooney recently but it was clear against Wales he was the one pulling the strings. Definitely found a nice niche for himself in midfield, and England will miss him if he's rested.

tomtom94

I think resting Rooney might be a mistake, although tbh I think England have a very consistent squad (just not consistently world class). They could and should beat Slovakia anyway, I think it will help that Slovakia will probably not sit back quite as much as Russia and Wales.

Ideally, a clean sheet would be nice...

Looking forward to the game tonight. I think it's fine to rest some of the key players, in particular Rooney. He's been solid the first two games and we need him 100% fit for the second round. Gives a few of the other lads a run out too.

England 3 - 1 Slovakia

Why does Wilshere get so much credit? Barely played this season due to injuries and it's not like he's a key player.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Late to the shirt-ripping party, but I was watching along with my dad and he piped up to say that he had an idea years back that shirts should be made to rip easily so that when the opposing team grabs you it tears the shirt and better shows you've been fowled, not sure if that's what was going on there but I can see it lending a helping hand if you're aiming for a free kick/penalty and want to show someone's pulled you to the ground. Obviously my dad now thinks he's been done out of a million pound idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom