• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting line-up The Express (yeah salt needed) are reporting for the game tonight:
England1-681461.jpg

Doesn't look like a 4-3-3 team to me at all. Looks more like a 4-4-2 with a centre diamond with Wilshere up top, henderson and Lallana on the wings and Dier at the back. I like that Wilshire is there as he is the only creative player in the England team and it has basically been run at a wall for 180 mins the last two games and hope they get lucky so he is much needed.

The change in full backs is odd though, they had been solid.

It's interesting to note with all these changes, the only player yet to see any play time in the tournament for England is Ross Barkley... and the reserve goalkeepers of course.

I wanna see Wales clown Russia and qualify for the next round.
I'm worried about the Welsh fans, if Russia are guaranteed to be out then I worry what their ultras will do. Especially after they've been encouraged by that Russian MP and kind of encouraged by Putin's insistence that it's horrible followed with a gloat about how 200 Russians supposedly beat 'thousands' of English.

dealer-

Interesting line-up The Express (yeah salt needed) are reporting for the game tonight:
England1-681461.jpg

Doesn't look like a 4-3-3 team to me at all. Looks more like a 4-4-2 with a centre diamond with Wilshere up top, henderson and Lallana on the wings and Dier at the back. I like that Wilshire is there as he is the only creative player in the England team and it has basically been run at a wall for 180 mins the last two games and hope they get lucky so he is much needed.

The change in full backs is odd though, they had been solid.

I'm glad Henderson is getting a run out. I think we will need a solid, hard working box to box midfielder if we are going to go far in the knockout stages. Clyne deserves an appearance too, not sure about Bertrand though. Looks better than the starting line up for the Wales game anyway.

I'm worried about the Welsh fans, if Russia are guaranteed to be out then I worry what their ultras will do. Especially after they've been encouraged by that Russian MP and kind of encouraged by Putin's insistence that it's horrible followed with a gloat about how 200 Russians supposedly beat 'thousands' of English.

Yeah it's a worry but haven't heard anything relating to trouble in the run up to the game. Hopefully the majority have got bored now and gone home.

Arsenal kit manufacturer Puma is investigating how the shirts of at least four Swiss players were damaged in Sunday’s 0-0 draw with France at Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille.

Midfielder Granit Xhaka twice required a replacement jersey in a match that also saw an Adidas ball burst when stamped on by Watford’s Valon Behrami.

When asked by Standard Sport whether Arsenal shirts were made using the same material Puma declined to comment. No retail version of the authentic Swiss kit is available in the UK.

However the shirt worn by the Italian national team at Euro 2016, also produced by the company, contains the same “body-fit” design as the Gunners will be wearing next season.

Supporters can buy an “authentic” version of the home shirt Arsenal that retails at £100.

“Seeing our shirts being ripped in a match tonight was the first time we have experienced such an issue,” a spokesperson for the German sportswear manufacturer told Standard Sport.

“Five Puma teams have played ten games in this tournament without such problems. Our product team are currently investigating the situation and we will provide a further update once this investigation is complete."

Most of the Swiss squad laughed off the damage to their shirts, winger Xherdan Shaqiri telling Blick: “I hope Puma does not produce condoms.”

Goalkeeper Yann Sommer, the star man in a draw that secured second place in Group A for Switzerland, does not believe that any changes are needed.

“It can happen. It means it was a fight on the pitch... Of course, today we had a lot, I can't say we have to change because Puma is great.”

Puma's deal with Switzerland is set to expire at the end of the 2017/18 season.

Arsenal's kit has been produced by the company since the start of the 2014/15 campaign as part of a £30m-a-year deal understood to expire in 2020.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...shirts-in-france-euro-2016-draw-a3276061.html

Lego Boss

It's interesting to note with all these changes, the only player yet to see any play time in the tournament for England is Ross Barkley... and the reserve goalkeepers of course.

John Stones? Still in my opinion the best CB England have by a long way.

Anyway, whilst I'm not averse to us changing a winning team I am averse to changing a settled defence. I'm not saying that this is arrogance or hubris from Woy, but it seems like a risky strategy in my opinion, especially when we haven't progressed yet.

It's interesting that not more people seem to be aware that all teams could still win the group, no matter how unlkely that seems. It just appears that it's some sort of academic exercise that we all have to go through with ENG, WAL and possibly SLO qualifying from the group.

Slovakia are no mugs, they beat Germany and Spain recently!

Anyway, whilst I'm not averse to us changing a winning team I am averse to changing a settled defence. I'm not saying that this is arrogance or hubris from Woy, but it seems like a risky strategy in my opinion, especially when we haven't progressed yet.

It's interesting that not more people seem to be aware that all teams could still win the group, no matter how unlkely that seems. It just appears that it's some sort of academic exercise that we all have to go through with ENG, WAL and possibly SLO qualifying from the group.

Oh right, yes Stones too, my bad!

Baleoce

Yeah make no mistake. Slovakia and Russia are fully capable of getting some kind of result from both these games. It's still a very open group. But that makes tonight all the more interesting :)

Cappa

Banned
He's not getting thrown out, the article says it's just people calling for him to be thrown out.

Del Bosque already said Pedro apologized.
He's a little shit who shouldn't even be on the team to begin with. He's going to rot on the bench the equivalent of being thrown out but worse.

Hahahahahaahhahhahh speaking of this little shit literally right after del Bosque spoke to reporters saying Pedro regrets what he said just now live Pedro says he doesn't regret anything.

Matush

I just hope Wales doesn't lose today, I can't see our team beat England but we have a chance to get to Last 16 from 3rd place.

As an Albanian I am hoping for an England and Wales win today. Preferably with each with 3:0 results!

I also need all the rest of 3rd and 4th place teams to lose if they are facing 1st or 2nd place teams or to draw if they face each other.

I believe!!!

ZZMitch

As an Albanian I am hoping for an England and Wales win today. Preferably with each with 3:0 results!

I also need all the rest of 3rd and 4th place teams to lose if they are facing 1st or 2nd place teams or to draw if they face each other.

I believe!!!

Yeah, I am hoping we can make it to the next round. Would be super exciting to watch Albania in the knockout stages.

Matush

I believe!!!
Getting through with only one goal in 3 matches? Yeah, I think there are more deserving teams to get through tbh. But I get patriotism, especially on national competitions.

Lego Boss

I believe!!!

As a football fan you should know better than to rely on England for anything, especially a raft of goals when under pressure.

Hope we can win 3-0, but l would feel better about it if wizard Woy wasn't casting magik spells.

As a football fan you should know better than to rely on England for anything, especially a raft of goals when under pressure.

Hope we can win 3-0, but l would feel better about it if wizard Woy wasn't casting magik spells.
They aren't under pressure tho, they are leading ground B. Also Jamie Vardy starting instead of Kane.

England beat Wales, Wales beat Slovakia so...England should beat Slovakia.

Reckheim

They aren't under pressure tho, they are leading ground B. Also Jamie Vardy starting instead of Kane.

England beat Wales, Wales beat Slovakia so...England should beat Slovakia.

England tied Russia, Slovakia beat Russia, ... Slovakia should beat England. Is that how it works?

Regardless; I think England will dominate Slovakia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom