• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaface

My thoughts about England right now...

time.jpg

"Can you give me back my time?!"

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
In fairness it's very difficult to break down 11 defenders. Slovakia look like the're happy to get the draw and qualify.

Shiloa

England have faced 3 games with teams of 10 defenders. As much as I would criticize the team, it's so harsh to judge their performance poorly. England need to not lose hope and then they can really shine when it comes to the knockouts.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Lovely line from the Guardian liveblog:

80 min: This game, having bounced around like a toddler fuelled by a Haribo overdose for 70-odd minutes, has now curled up in a corner and gone to sleep. The Russian team can’t wait to get out of Toulouse.

patapuf

In fairness it's very difficult to break down 11 defenders. Slovakia look like the're happy to get the draw and qualify.

Yeah, England doesn't really play all that boring. It's the kind of game that's just not going to be pretty.

The frustrations about the offense are understandable though.

Number45

England have faced 3 games with teams of 10 defenders. As much as I would criticize the team, it's so harsh to judge their performance poorly. England need to not lose hope and then they can really shine when it comes to the knockouts.
We've had chances though, as much as I agree with you. We should have been a couple up by half time, and that's a problem that's not going away.

Maximus P

For all the stick that this England team are getting, this is the best and most consistent performance ive seen from them in a tournament for a long time. Dominated 3 matches,against 3 teams who have resorted to sticking 11 players in the box.

stay gold

Agreed, this group has been like attack vs defence training sessions for England. Unfortunately we don't have anyone truly creative enough to punish a team that piles men behind the ball.

I think we'll look better in the knockouts when teams come at us more, whether we can win is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom