• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
England tonight looked like they were scared to shoot. So many people taking one pass or touch to many.

Wilshire and Henderson were dreadful. So many misplaced passes.

Carl2291

England tonight looked like they were scared to shoot. So many people taking one pass or touch to many.

Wilshire and Henderson were dreadful. So many misplaced passes.
We had 30 shots. 30 shots in one game. The problem is its hard to actually get the ball past a box full of 10 players and a goalie.

Baleoce

Absolutely buzzing from that match. We didn't mess around. Everyone showed up for that match and we effectively saw it off early on. Very happy with that performance.

Juicy Bob

Formula 1 gets a lot of criticism at times for being boring to watch but I've never seen a grand prix that has been as dull and forgettable as some of the England football games I've seen in my time.

Ash_69

lol the last pass is back pass, damn England..

That was infuriating. England generally played ok even though Vardy didn't get on the ball enough towards the end but there was a little too much sideways and backwards passing when they could have been more adventurous. Rooney and Ali were good when they came on I thought apart from shrek overunning the ball a few times but at least he showed some drive.

I think I'd rather face Portugal in all honesty. It will be good to see just what we can do against a team that will try to attack once in awhile.

Crumble. We'll obviously crumble.

I think I'd rather face Portugal in all honesty. It will be good to see just what we can do against a team that will try to attack one in awhile.

Crumble. We'll obviously crumble.

ronaldoface.png

down6ppxj.png

Syder

So who will we, England, be facing?

Finishing second in this piss poor group. What a laugh.
Runner-up of Portugal's group. So basically Portugal, Hungary or Iceland.

...and if we make it through that we'll play the winners of whoever France play. So if we don't go out in the next round France will surely see us off.

Ruruja

For all the stick that this England team are getting, this is the best and most consistent performance ive seen from them in a tournament for a long time. Dominated 3 matches,against 3 teams who have resorted to sticking 11 players in the box.

Agreed. The previous 3 tournaments England played rubbish, barely stringing 3 passes together. 2010 World Cup was the worst.

Now they're playing great, just have a tiny problem of struggling to score.

cilonen

We had 30 shots. 30 shots in one game. The problem is its hard to actually get the ball past a box full of 10 players and a goalie.

Point taken, but truly good teams find a way. We should have found a way. We should try running at the defence rather than hanging about passing ponderously or walking it in to a pocket of 3 defenders with no real idea when that hasn't worked for 60 minutes..

JP

Happy with the results but I really hope that they don't lead to trouble tonight, I'm proud of the win but I don't want idiots getting in the way of it.

If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of hundreds of young prospective talents across England hanging up their kit and boots, sighing, "why bother."

jm89

England played well all 3 matches, there is so much you can do when the oppositions sole purpose is to defend like little girls.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Like I said during the last match, with Wilshere and Henderson the midfield was much more dangerous and creative and Rooney especially was useless again after coming in. A shame that he will probably start again next game.

Maximus P

Runner-up of Portugal's group. So basically Portugal, Hungary or Iceland.

...and if we make it through that we'll play the winners of whoever France play. So if we don't go out in the next round France will surely see us off.

Id prefer Portugal out of the 3 there. Iceland will bring the team bus on to the pitch. The players won't even get off, they'll just stare at the England fans through the windows while they warm up for penalties.

Syder

Id prefer Portugal out of the 3 there. Iceland will bring the team bus on to the pitch. The players won't even get off, they'll just stare at the England fans through the windows while they warm up for penalties.
Portugal are looking like chokers at the moment but remember we have a poor record against Portugal in competitions.

wayne_rooney_1498613c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom