• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, about making is stall for way too long, with the medical staff not taking him on the side of the field like the ref asked them to, instead making him go out of it by sloooowly walking and suddenly getting better and asking to come back in as soon as he's out.

Ireland is not parking the bus, but they used shameful and obvious time wasting tactics for like 20 to 30 minutes during this half, up until the ref finally booked Hendricks for it. Which is a shame, because when they are actually playing the game they have great occasions and could have scored a second goal without it being a robbery at all.
"shameful" there was 4 minutes injury time you're being precious.

Big-E

I feel like parking the bus is the new casual sports term that people throw around, yet don't know what it means. Parking the bus is when you put 10 guys in the box and have one lone person up or even playing back with a full 11. How is Ireland doing that? Just because they had defenders back diving to block shots doesn't mean the bus was parked.

Tubie

I wake up to see that Ireland is beating France 1-0. And the goal was a penalty as well. Did I miss a good first half?

Some of the most entertaining play in the tournament so far.

Mainly cause the french fullbacks can't run at all, which allows Ireland players to outrun the shit out of the defense and come up with dangerous counters.

Pacbois

I feel like parking the bus is the new casual sports term that people throw around, yet don't know what it means. Parking the bus is when you put 10 guys in the box and have one lone person up or even playing back with a full 11. How is Ireland doing that? Just because they had defenders back diving to block shots doesn't mean the bus was parked.

They played the end of the first half with 11 players on their half of the pitch...

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Good first half from the Irish. Hope they keep up the intensity and don't start falling further and further back into their own half as the game goes on. There's more chances for them I think.

Ireland are playing well, but it's no surprise when France's defense is this terrible.

Both teams are my favourites in the tournament, so I'm happy with any result really.
Although I'd probably prefer France to go through as I feel like they have more chance of going far.

Jamie OD

What is this bullshit?

The Irish are playing fast counter attacking, and not only is it the smart way to go about it against a clearly more talented team, they are arguably being the better team.

I'm surprised how well we're standing up to France so far. Other than Hendricks acting a gobshite we were getting more confident as the half progressed.

Giroud is the wrong striker for the way France plays.
Missing Benzema.

Pogba1.5.png

Jb

This would be the shittiest way for us to leave the tournament.
Come on Ireland you guys are cool and all but don't do this to us ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom