• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

I want to congratulate Ireland for their tournament. You played with heart. It was a tough game. You almost got us today.

And farewell to the irish fans. You've won my country over. Thank you for showing us what being class acts means. Once again you've proved that you really are the best fans in the World.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Well played France. Ireland couldn't live with them when they went up a gear in that 2nd half. I'm sure the Italy game took a lot out of the Irish, but France deserved this win.

Clegg

France were good in the end, but I think this game showed why they won't win the tournament. Ireland are a technically limited side but gave their defence a bit of trouble. French back four isn't good enough.

Shito

France were good in the end, but I think this game showed why they won't win the tournament. Ireland are are technically limited side but gave their defence a bit of trouble. French back four isn't good enough.
Have to agree with you here.

Pacbois

Cl4qBMgWAAACIfz.jpg

France were good in the end, but u think this game showed why they won't won the tournament. Ireland are are technically limited side but gave their defence a bit of trouble. French back four isn't good enough.

If Hodgson stopped fannying about and settled on an XI then I could see England beating this France side, if they get passed Iceland.

tonka

We should've scored more in the first half.
And in the infinite possibility space of the multiverse, how different would the match have been if we got that corner? Perhaps a lot perhaps a little
We needed to win in 90 minutes either way, I'm sure down a man and losing contributed, but the players were not going to last another 30 minutes judging from how they were at the end.
Hope France lose to Iceland, because we really should have punished them in the first half.

They won't win the tournament.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Think France will miss Kante in their next game, maybe badly. That defence needs some protection.

Liamario

Banned
Ireland was lucky they weren't beaten by much more. They both looked tired/disinterested in the end. The after game stats are embarrassing.

Pacbois

Ireland was lucky they weren't beaten by much more. They both looked tired/disinterested in the end. The after game stats are embarrassing.

They were clearly tired, they had a shorter break and their first round was really hard while the French were clearly phisically better

Liamario

Banned
They were clearly tired, they had a shorter break and their first round was really hard while the French were clearly phisically better

Don't get me wrong, I think Ireland can do much better. The players are good enough, with the right coaching, to do something significant. The FAI is a farce of an organisation.

Pacbois

Don't get me wrong, I think Ireland can do much better. The players are good enough, with the right coaching, to do something significant. The FAI is a farce of an organisation.

Maybe yeah, but I don't really blame them for still being tired from their game against Italy.

Today proved me right on the fact that France needed to be in actual danger to play well, they were clearly slacking off against Switzerland and even in the first half today. I hope they'll be ready and a 100% from the get go for the next game.

Fistwell

So France awaits England or Iceland. If I were the French I'd hope England wins that game.
Yeah, we want England, bad.

Good game from Ireland, they fought hard and had the upper hand in the first half. 10 on 11, it was difficult to keep up physically, no matter how much heart they had. They looked exhausted by the end.

Rami and Evra can get fucked and should not be allowed within a 10Km radius of a blue jersey.

Was a great game till that red card.
Yeah the game was definitely better 11/11.

Well done France!
I'll miss the Irish fans but France was better and deserved to win in the end.

Hoping for France- England next.
Just for the card. Because Iceland is probably going to win if England continues to suck ass at soccer.

Pacbois

In a way I think I prefer England in the quarters, like I think it's a team that will give us more openings offensively. With our defense we really need to be more forward and attacking to stay alive because fuck Rami gave me 6 heart attacks today.

Blablurn

Götze out you say? His career, man. At least he still got gf, money and the world cup winning goal. He should just retire and live a calm life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom