• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I remember during the Republics last world cup match the commentators were like 'Fantastic fans!' and when they went back to the studio they had Roy Keane on and he was like "the fans can sing all they want but that was fookin terrible!" lol

lol, Roy Keane never minces his words. I miss him as an analyst.

I remember during the Republics last world cup match the commentators were like 'Fantastic fans!' and when they went back to the studio they had Roy Keane on and he was like "the fans can sing all they want but that was fookin terrible!" lol

I remember that. Keane scolded the fans for not giving the team a bollocking for being shite. Was a tad harsh...

Dinokill

Fuck UEFA and fuck Platini with this Euro expansion bullshit. You just watch how a handful of teams with 2 or 3 points will advance to the next round. What a disgrace. The last two Euros were amazing from the get go. The football has been horrid so far.

Fuck UEFA and fuck Platini with this Euro expansion bullshit. You just watch how a handful of teams with 2 or 3 points will advance to the next round. What a disgrace. The last two Euros were amazing from the get go. The football has been horrid so far.

No it hasn't. Northern Ireland today have been the closest thing to a poor team so far and they topped their qualifying group so they'd be here anyway. What the fuck are you blabbering about?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

You're wrong. Most of the matches had good football, have been pretty contested and spectacular. And no team will qualify with 2 points, it's impossible. Most likely very few teams will qualify with 3 points either, seeing the results until now. Maybe just England.

Edit: UEFA can send Germany home too.

Dinokill

No it hasn't. Northern Ireland today have been the closest thing to a poor team so far and they topped their qualifying group so they'd be here anyway. What the fuck are you blabbering about?

Because with best 3rd places going to the next round we will see a lot more of conservative football in this Euro. 24 teams is just too much for this continental competition. With 16 teams divided in 4 groups there was always 2 powerhouses in each group and each National team had to go all out from the very first match if they wanted to remotely go to the knockout stage.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Because with best 3rd places going to the next round we will see a lot more of conservative football in this Euro. 24 teams is just too much for this continental competition. With 16 teams divided in 4 groups there was always 2 powerhouses in each group and each National team had to go all out from the very first match if they wanted to remotely go to the knockout stage.

Actually we're going to see a lot of spectacular third matches in the groups because more teams have a chance to qualify as opposed to being already out of the competition. Remember, only the best third places will qualify, so playing for draws might not be enough.

spidye

Translation please, I don't speak German.

sorry. disgusting nazi hooligans were seen in Lille
13434728_10153534140057466_2370720035870506206_n.jpg

Syder

I'm gonna need a decent run for Wales, Ireland or NIRE in the competition to restore my faith in humanity after all of this hooliganism bollocks.

"Unbelievable! Reichflags and Nazi shouts! Randals!"

They are actual neo-nazis. Rare for them to show up in other countries.

Yeah this is quite surprising, I was expecting typical hooliganism for the Germany vs. Poland match but not this.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the clashes with the Ukrainians is instigated by the neo-nazi German-Russians.

I sincerely hope that Germany will be the team in form that will topple Ukraine's defense. We need some goals.

But knowing Germany. They are the one team that grows into the tournament, winning 1-0 here and then eventually reaching the semi finals by winning all the prior matches with German finesse.

So what is the tally now? Russian and Marseille ultras starting on England fans, Germany neo-nazis fighting the Ukranians, and the Nice ultras fighting the Northern Irish.

My, my... what a fun competition this will be. But don't worry... there's no issue with French security.

Dinda

I just remember him not working out for Germany before, but he was played as a left-, or rightback to be fair.

Yeah, that was never his position. and it's unfair to judge him because of that. Just like it would be unfair to judge Can from his horribly leftback appereances.

I for example greatly prefer Mustafi over Rüdiger in the middle. Would also like Tah though.

spekkeh

Banned
Schland Uber alles in die Welt.

Cannot believe how fucked up this Euro has been.
I'm honestly amazed. I thought we were past this. Haven't seen it since 96 at least. Even Poland Ukraine EC went without a hitch. France isn't really known for its Ultras either.

Anyone know the reason? A new generation after a recession?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom