• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

One would think that with the current climate that exist in France with regards security, the last thing the French police would want to deal with is fanatical fights. I mean this is a country that's recently suffered terror attacks, one would think the fans should act with common sense and help the security men do their jobs

Haven't you read EnglandGaf ? It's us french people who are at fault. Our police should have done better and it's those dirty locals who are at fault. The poor english fans are the real victims. Not France. Not Marseille. Not the locals.

How dare you say fans should have showed some empathy towards a country that's been attacked several times in the last few months and whose government is having a hard time holding everything together between terrorism, massive strikes and the Euro. We're just dirty french bastards after all. We don't deserve their sympathy.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Nice from Washington there. NI could still get something from this game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm pretty sure UEFA would have done nothing without that stuff happening inside the stadium, bit I can't prove that.

UEFA Statement talks about city of Marseille not just the stadium:

The UEFA Executive Committee would like to express its disgust for the violent clashes which occurred in the city of Marseille.

"Such unacceptable behaviour by so-called supporters of the national teams of England and Russia has no place in football, a sport we must protect and defend.

"The UEFA Executive Committee has warned both football associations that - irrespective of any decisions taken by the independent disciplinary bodies relating to incidents inside the stadium - it will not hesitate to impose additional sanctions on the Football Association (FA) and the Russian Football Union (RFU), including the potential disqualification of their respective teams from the tournament, should such violence occur again.

"We urge both the FA and the RFU to appeal to their supporters to behave in a responsible and respectful manner.

"We would also like to publicly voice our support for the work of the French Authorities and security forces for their efforts to deliver a safe and secure tournament in challenging circumstances

Liamc723

Haven't you read EnglandGaf ? It's us french people who are at fault. Our police should have done better and it's those dirty locals who are at fault. The poor english fans are the real victims. Not France. Not Marseille. Not the locals.

How dare you say fans should have showed some empathy towards a country that's been attacked several times in the last few months and whose government is having a hard time holding everything together between terrorism, massive strikes and the Euro. We're just dirty french bastards after all. We don't deserve their sympathy.

There isn't any party who is innocent in this, but the French police presence absolutely has been shocking. Locals have been joining in with the trouble too.

Did you read my edit, since it's quoted? It was exactly for this.

You say you're "just stating the chronology of shit happening". Your edit is worded so it just looks like you're reinforcing your first post, which is "English hooligans are part of the real problem. They started this whole shit in France."

So close

gVHpIyR.png

and yet so far.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You say you're "just stating the chronology of shit happening". Your edit is worded so it just looks like you're reinforcing your first post, which is "English hooligans are part of the real problem. They started this whole shit in France."

I guess you missed the part about English hooligans not to be blamed for Russian mob actions?

"They started" as in they were the first to cause troubles in Marseille since the whole shit started.

they are scum. all of them. and I've said that. but they aren't all English.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how our fans being rushed in a stadium was our fault.
It wasn't. The Russians brought in projectile weapons and incendiary devices, jumped over the barriers en masse before charging all English fans. The exits were then closed before the fans were tear gassed (you can thank Vardy's wife for that factual insight).

In their words UEFA only consider events within the stadium but yet the English FA is being charged alongside the Russians for events that have come about because they did not ensue adequate security screening (those flare guns could have easily been automatic weapons, and the incendiary devices bombs) nor the proper procedures for what came after.

UEFA and the French authorities should be the ones fined and threatened with legal action.

Shito

There isn't any party who is innocent in this, but the French police presence absolutely has been shocking. Locals have been joining in with the trouble too.
I don't know which footage you are watching, but every time I switch to the news channel I see reporters on the scene with tons of police CRS around.
They have been on the scene separating those groups when it was needed. Those idiots fighting in the streets are not dumb, they do so when there are no police around, and quickly flee and move to another neighborhood when they do arrive; you can't expect cars of policemen at every corner of such huge cities.
I would also like to remind you that it was CRS guys who did reanimate that English fan that had his heart stop.

Some people in these threads are so quick to judge based on a few tweets they read I swear...

Liamc723

I don't know which footage you are watching, but every time I switch to the news channel I see reporters on the scene with tons of police CRS around.
They have been on the scene separating those groups when it was needed. Those idiots fighting in the streets are not dumb, they do so when there are no police around, and quickly flee and move to another neighborhood when they do arrive; you can't expect cars of policemen at every corner of such huge cities.
I would also like to remind you that it was CRS guys who did reanimate that English fan that had his hearts stop.

Where were the police when Russian thugs destroyed the segregation between them and England fans and charged at supporters?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Polish hot dog couldnt be served right now lol...also NI damn...I thought Mexico's defense vs Jamaica was horrid but you guys take the cake... :D

I would also like to remind you that it was CRS guys who did reanimate that English fan that had his hearts stop.

Projectile weapons were allowed into a football stadium. If these were terrorists thousands could have died.

So no, they didn't do enough.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't. The Russians brought in projectile weapons and incendiary devices, jumped over the barriers en masse before charging all English fans. The exits were then closed before the fans were tear gassed (you can thank Vardy's wife for that factual insight).

In their words UEFA only consider events within the stadium but yet the English FA is being charged alongside the Russians for events that have come about because they did not ensue adequate security screening (those flare guns could have easily been automatic weapons, and the incendiary devices bombs) nor the proper procedures for what came after.

UEFA and the French authorities should be the ones fined and threatened with legal action.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. UEFA say they can only consider the actions of fans in the stadiums then try and pin it on the English fans. Where the fuck were the police? how did someone get fireworks inside?

What is happening outside is despicable but that blame can be easily spread around and anyone who thinks these attacks aren't organized don't know what they're talking about. This isn't a bunch of yobs on tour getting drunk and rowdy this is a planned operation and a targeted attack.

People just want to keep pushing the 80s hooligan angle because it's the easiest but that isn't what's happening. Everyone saw that last night in the stadium.

Where were the police when Russian thugs destroyed the segregation between them and England fans and charged at supporters?

Uefa seems to be clueless about this. In the Europa League final between Liverpool and Sevilla, there was one female stewardess seperating Liverpool and Sevilla fans...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's exactly what I'm talking about. UEFA say they can only consider the actions of fans in the stadiums then try and pin it on the English fans. Where the fuck were the police? how did someone get fireworks inside?

What is happening outside is despicable but that blame can be easily spread around and anyone who thinks these attacks aren't organized don't know what they're talking about. This isn't a bunch of yobs on tour getting drunk and rowdy this is a planned operation and a targeted attack.

People just want to keep pushing the 80s hooligan angle because it's the easiest but that isn't what's happening. Everyone saw that last night in the stadium.

It's not that complicated to read a statement:

The UEFA Executive Committee has warned both football associations that - irrespective of any decisions taken by the independent disciplinary bodies relating to incidents inside the stadium - it will not hesitate to impose additional sanctions on the Football Association (FA) and the Russian Football Union (RFU), including the potential disqualification of their respective teams from the tournament, should such violence occur again.

Liamc723

Ask the UEFA, they're in charge inside the stadium and don't want any police there.

That's an insane decision from them. For saying they're condoning Russian and England fans, they should look at themselves too.

So what about that bar set on fire?

Jeez, why don't you use Google yourself?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/11/shocking-footage-emerges-as-trouble-involving-football-fans-in-marseille-continues-5937666/

However, reports from France suggest that groups of England fans were targeted in a surprise attack.

to be clear, attack on bar where mainly english fans watching. i didn't see who came down alley, but unless english are attacking english...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom