• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If I see the French fans copying once more that Iceland chant I'm going to do the unthinkable and root for Portugal. The lamest shouldn't win the Euro.

Ennosuke

Portugal will win the final. Pretty sure. France beat us, but not because they were strong, but we beat ourselves. Portugal will defend as usual and play some nice counter attacks.

Couldn't care less about this team (not the kind of football I like to watch, except maybe for that little fox, Grizemann) but hearing all the cheering outside is heartwarming.
Especially in my neighborhood.

Problem was we REALLY didn't have anyone else. Would you rather have seen Götze?
It was okay to start him with Gomez out. But if you're 1-0 behind and Müller is continuing his shit show, you need to take him off and try something new. Sane, Schürrle or Poldi could not have played worse, really.

LNBL

UMN3voY.gif
Proper hotline bling. Need it in Fifa

Mimosa97

If I see the French fans copying once more that Iceland chant I'm going to do the unthinkable and root for Portugal. The lamest shouldn't win the Euro.

The whole world has been copying our food, our fashion, our art etc... for centuries.

We " stole " a chant from the icelanders who " stole " it from the scots. Shame on us right ? :D

Arex

GG France, they finished their chances. Germany played better but their finishing let them down.

Gonna support the hated team for final probably :p

*edit* which fans copied the Iceland chant lol

Nice game, France deserves the victory. I'm german, but germany didn't have any opportunities. The french defense was unbeatable today. The dumb penalty helped France and this was it.

I just hope that Löw will leave the team after this. He showed again that he is incapable of adapting the tactics to a game. If a game doesn't go as planned he doesn't have an alternative or second idea. It's the same till the end.

If we had a striker I would be totally confident. Still, we love to play hard ugly games and Ronaldo in a good day destroys any team in the world. Germany would completely trash us in the finals.

Now pls go and destroy Portugal. Don't let those frauds get the title.
Yeah those frauds that were left without 3 penalties in 3 different games and that won fairly each and every game.
I don't get this hate for Portugal, i can get why many people dislike Ronaldo but this is ridiculous.

MrS

Banned
Neuer was fucking garbage for that second goal. A keeper of his ability must do better in that situation.

Baybars

Banned
Bawling my eyes out. Germany, you were the chosen one!

Now i don't know who to support. Gaelic arrogance or ronaldo's ego?

Decisions decisions.

Ennosuke

Nice game, France deserves the victory. I'm german, but germany didn't have any opportunities. The french defense was unbeatable today. The dumb penalty helped France and this was it.

I just hope that Löw will leave the team after this. He showed again that he is incapable of adapting the tactics to a game. If a game doesn't go as planned he doesn't have an alternative or second idea. It's the same till the end.

No opportunities? The first half was great, we had more shots than france.
Even in the end, we had big opportunities to score a goal.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The whole world has been copying our food, our fashion, our art etc... for centuries.

We " stole " a chant from the icelanders who " stole " it from the scots. Shame on us right ? :D

Yes, shame on you. You could at least do it in a Can-can rhythm.

El Topo

Bawling my eyes out. Germany, you were the chosen one!

Now i don't know who to support. Gaelic arrogance or ronaldo's ego?

Decisions decisions.

I really like France, but you could always cheer for the underdog, i.e. in this case Portugal. They've never won before.

TeegsD

Yes, GAF, please tell me about how France will win on Sunday. It worked out so well for Wales and Germany, right? Please, say it more.

Jisgsaw

Hum, did you miss the last 15 minutes or what?

usp84

Shame for Germany,waht a stupid way to concede a goal for the second match in a row.

But i said before the game that i prefered France for a more entertaining final

Let's see...

VLiberty

Wait, that's the first time France beats Germany after 58 years? Really? wtf happened this tournament: we beat spain, germany beats us, france beats germany.

Is there some sort of recurring curse between France and Portugal?

Ledbetter

Congrats to France!

Honestly, I wanted the final to be France vs Portugal, as it seems it is the closest match. Can't wait to sunday.

Corto

Wait, that's the first time France beats Germany after 58 years? Really? wtf happened this tournament: we beat spain, germany beats us, france beats germany.

Is there some sort of recurring curse between France and Portugal?

YES. It's payback time!!

KHlover

Banned
Lessons learned: We need more actual strikers again. Not those glorified midfielders, but actual strikers. Two years since Klose resigned and the best we have to offer is Gomez. He did well this tournament, but he won't play forever and we can't even replace him if he is injured like today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom