• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah and that's totally acceptable, if the team doing it isn't Ronaldo's team. Right?

TBF France our normally quite offensive as shown by their 5-2 wi against ice and being the highest scoring team in this tournament. Was a interesting switch around in these semi's, funnily enough the same score.

Jisgsaw

Lol, Gündogan and Reus were injured. Everyone else was either there or didn't deserve it. Kießling lol.

We can maybe talk about Schmelzer, but Hector was way better than he ever was.

Yes, injuried, I said as much... ?
The topic was "France was missing as many important player as Germany".

I did grasp at straws for Kießling, but I already found 10 (well, 9, because Trapp...) others who wouldn't have been lost in the German team.

Alucard

Banned
This is the first time we've played like this since forever. We were playing the best team of the tournament. We did our best.

France executed when they got a chance to do so. Germany didn't and they were a bit unlucky. Overall, an interesting game to watch.

Baleoce

This is the first time we've played like this since forever. We were playing the best team of the tournament. We did our best.

It always makes me laugh when people throw out the "park-the-bus negative defensive football" schtick from these kinds of games.

Then you look at the stats afterwards and see a possession of 68% to 32%. Like, what do you want from them?

Syder

Germany's stock is at an all-time Löw right now…
wenger.png

Koren

If you start counting the players who weren't selected by the coach, the german list will be very long...
Most of those are injuries... although there's a couple special cases.

As far as teams of unselected players

Rufier
Debuchy Varane Sakho Mathieu
Zouma Diarra
Ntep Fekir Valbuena
Benzema

Could have done a good performance, too...

We can maybe talk about Schmelzer, but Hector was way better than he ever was.
Another EffZeh fan?

Schmelzer played a great season, Hector was nowhere near that. If Jogi hadn't blamed Schmelzer for every goal Germany conceded with no reason at all, Schmelzer could have been a great player for Germany.

stoff

Congrats Les Bleus! Absolutely Deserved!
You had our Midfielders fooled for the entire match.
Our Team only created a single chance, when Can opened up the right with his cheeky backheel. All other "chances" were forced flanks, set-pieces and shots from distance. Nothing from play. Nothing from agressive combinations. Nothing from tactics.
We used to win these matches nonetheless thanks to Klose, but since his retirement this doesn't work anymore, and Löw hasn't come up with an answer yet.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, injuried, I said as much... ?
The topic was "France was missing as many important player as Germany".

I did grasp at straws for Kießling, but I already found 10 (well, 9, because Trapp...) others who wouldn't have been lost in the German team.
You made it sound like Löw was incompetent for not bringing players like Volland, Trapp or Kießling...

Let's be honest, they had the really easy route this Euro.
The bracket after the group stage was so funny. Would have been better for most favorites to get 2nd in their group. And I can totally see how Portugal can win this whole thing now anyway.

Another EffZeh fan?

Schmelzer played a great season, Hector was nowhere near that. If Jogi hadn't blamed Schmelzer for every goal Germany conceded with no reason at all, Schmelzer could have been a great player for Germany.
Nope, I'm not. Schmelzer just isn't as good offensively, not nearly.

Kahn confirming what I stated earlier: We need a real striker again.
Nah. A little luck today and germany would have won this easily 2 or 3 - 0 and nobody would have doubted the system.
But instead germany concedes a stupid penalty and misses a few high caliber chances. Hits the fuckings post.
And now people think the system was at fault? No way.

9 out of 10 days germany would have won this in a dominant manner. Today wasnt one of those days and they lost in a dominant manner. No need to change the fundamentals.

Alucard

Banned
It's anyone's game on Sunday. Both teams have strengths and deficiencies. Should be fun to watch. I'll be rooting for France for the Arsenal connection, and the anti-Ronaldo and anti-Pepe sentiment. Can easily see Portugal winning it, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ronaldo was 18 in the 2004 final... damn that was 12 years ago

im old Gaf

oti

Banned
Ronaldo was 18 in the 2004 final... damn that was 12 years ago

im old Gaf

BEST FINAL EVAAAAH
🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

Alucard

Banned
Nah. A little luck today and germany would have won this easily 2 or 3 - 0 and nobody would have doubted the system.
But instead germany concedes a stupid penalty and misses a few high caliber chances. Hits the fuckings post.

9 out of 10 days germany would have won this in a dominant manner. Today wasnt one of those days and they lost in a dominant manner. No need to change the fundamentals.

Hard to disagree with this, but also easy to see a need for a change up front.

KHlover

Banned

We've been missing high-caliber chances left and right for this entire tournament and even longer. It's just that today it finally bit us in the ass.

It absolutely is a problem.

Shito

Cisse congratulating this team for what they did in this Euro and in the last World Cup, despite them being a "lost generation" after what him and his generation did to tarnish the team's spirit and image.
High class from him.

trembli0s

Setting up for Ronaldo's seminal moment of glory. Taking the goal scoring record from Platini and winning a national tournament with Portugal.

Is Pepe playing? Should be an interesting game.

We've been missing high-caliber chances left and right for this entire tournament and even longer. It's just that today it finally bit us in the ass.

It absolutely is a problem.

Haste Scheiße am Schuh, haste Scheiße am Schuh.

I don't think a real striker would have changed anything. Germanys way of play wasn't fit for a real striker anyway, and Germany played so good that it would have been stupid to sacrifice that just in order to have a classic striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom