• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisgsaw

Was this penalty shootout, the most shot penalties in history? It is definitely the worst lol.

No and no.
Iirc I seem.to remember a shootout that got to 13th shooter, and there was a shootout in a copa america not so long ago (brasil columbia or something like this) where like the first 8 shooter missed.

Binabik15

I still can't believe it.

Looks like the Müller curse is stronger, so Germany will stay in the EM for him to NOT score.

0 goals*

*incl. a goddamn penalty

KHlover

Banned
Muller signed for Arsenal?

Get in.
Oh ya, had already gotten that disappointment out of my mind.

Good thing I said 'apparently' :p

EDIT:

@RobHarris All the English-based Germans & Italians who took penalties missed

Looks like I just got it backwards

Mestizo

HELL YES, the curses are broken! I bet on Italy defeating Spain and then losing to Germany. Magic Euro.

mdQ1j3D.gif

lmao

Is there seriously no way ro appeal against Hummels yellows? Both of them were fucking jokes, especially the first one.

He's a great player, but it's a manageable loss. I imagine Löw will shift to the standard four backs they'd been playing, moving Höwedes in for Hummels. Maybe playing Draxler in midfield.

Khedira's injury could be the bigger problem. Schweini doesn't look ready to play a full match.

la_briola

He's a great player, but it's a manageable loss. I imagine Löw will shift to the standard four backs they'd been playing, moving Höwedes in for Hummels. Maybe playing Draxler in midfield.

Khedira's injury could be the bigger problem. Schweini doesn't look ready to play a full match.

Could always bring Can.

Bersi

Zaza trending worldwide on Twitter. He must proud like a peacock now.
Jesus christ you guys made it sound like he has done it on purpose,im not crazy of him as a player but everyone can miss a penalty,even the best like Baggio.

I'm sad that conte is leaving but i'm confidente that ventura can do a good Job for the next world cup.

Big-E

Jesus christ you guys made it sound like he has done it on purpose,im not crazy of him as a player but everyone can miss a penalty,even the best like Baggio.

I'm sad that conte is leaving but i'm confidente that ventura can do a good Job for the next world cup.
He did do it on purpose. Players on a U10 squad know that taking a penalty with that run up is fucking dumb.

AmFreak

I just hope Löw is finally out after this tourney, it's long overdue.
Every time we play against Spain or Italy he completely destroys a well running formation with his bullshit.
It was pure luck we won.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

It was his only job tonight. To get in and shoot a penalty. Nothing else. Instead he did a cocky run up and shot for the stars. So he could surely use some humble pie.

Gandie

But he did play a full match today?

Every time we play against Spain or Italy he completely destroys a well running formation with his bullshit.
It was pure luck we won.

No it wasn't. Germany dominated and Italy only managed to go to penalties because they were lucky with Boateng's mistake and poor German finishing. They got dominated completely.

It was pure luck we won.

He fails when trying to outsmart better trainers. Italy didn't show anything today which would have made 5 defenders necessary.

Also stuff like putting Lahm in the midfield was some high level nonsense.

Bersi

He did do it on purpose. Players on a U10 squad know that taking a penalty with that run up is fucking dumb.
That was a really bad penalty,no doubt about that but again,it's football,i know how it feels to miss a penalty and hearing someone say that he's done it on purpose makes me mad,it'one of the worst feeling in the world and i'm sure that he knows well that he fucked up.

Big-E

Still so crazy that the non penalty takers burried theirs and the forward attacking players were fucking garbage.

Did you even watch Spain's back 4 struggle against Italy last week?

Neither did Löw.

Germany's strength is the totally domination in the midfield, taking away one players just to put it somewhere where he is several tens meters away from the action is dumb.

From Löw or Guardiola? Or both?

Looking how the experiemts ended in both teams. Both.

Gandie

Neither did Löw.

Germany's strength is the totally domination in the midfield, taking away one players just to put it somewhere where he is several tens meters away from the action is dumb.

Of course he did. And he made the right decisions. Italy never got to press deep in the German half, and even though the took out Kroos with two or three men they never managed to kill Germany's control, because Hummels and Boateng always options especially with Kimmich, Hector and Özil.

AmFreak

No it wasn't. Germany dominated and Italy only managed to go to penalties because they were lucky with Boateng's mistake and poor German finishing. They got dominated completely.

Germany "dominated" till a certain line.
Where were the chances?
Our goal was also based on luck.

Of course he did. And he made the right decisions. Italy never got to press deep in the German half, and even though the took out Kroos with two or three men they never managed to kill Germany's control, because Hummels and Boateng always options especially with Kimmich, Hector and Özil.

You didn't watch the same match.

Germany wasn't capable of creating barely more chances than Italy. You didn't need three tall defenders to defend the inaccurate long balls by the Italians, while you would have need another midfielder for creating pressure in offensive and defensive situations.

Translation please.

That's Lapo Elkann, heir of the founder of Fiat Automobiles, who was found many years ago snorting coke in a big drug fueled party with transexual pronstitutes. From that moment on he's been ridiculed every time there's an occasion, especially considering he's always in the news for his idiotic behaviour.

The pic is basically a play on the fact that snorting (coke) and shooting a penalty have the same verb in italian: "i would have shot/snorted better"

Gandie

You didn't watch the same match.

Germany wasn't capable of creating barely more chances than Italy. You didn't need three tall defenders to defend the inaccurate long balls by the Italians, while you would have need another midfielder for creating pressure in offensive and defensive situations.

No. Another midfielder (Draxler?!) would have been wasted since the CBs would have struggled to get the ball there without Kimmich and Hector widening the field of play.
Look, we can discuss this all night probably, I'm a huge fan of the "Dreierkette" as we call it here and while the game was far from perfect and the win was lucky in the end, Germany still was the better and more controlling team.

To call for Löw's job is something I strongly disagree with. He's doing great and gets results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom