• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

gjQvHwx.gif

I had to learn how to use GIMP just to do this.

You will be famous now! Great one

Ennosuke

He fails when trying to outsmart better trainers. Italy didn't show anything today which would have made 5 defenders necessary.

Also stuff like putting Lahm in the midfield was some high level nonsense.

I absolutely agree. We won the title in 2024 despite of Jogi Löw. This time he almost ruined it again and this makes me angry. He is not getting the best out of those amazing players.

We need to show our true quality against France, but I guess this won't happen.

Gandie

I absolutely agree. We won the title in 2024 despite of Jogi Löw. This time he almost ruined it again and this makes me angry. He is not getting the best out of those amazing players.

We need to show our true quality against France, but I guess this won't happen.

Yeah right, 5 semifinals in 10 years really is weak. Wish we had Völler or Ribbeck back.

Hopefully France doesn't destroy us like in 2014.

Oh wait.

Corto

Were we watching the same match?! If Boateng wouldn't have messed up, Italy would never had scored. Germany was the better team by all accounts.

As I told you, we finally broke the curse! If we beat France in the semi final, we've got this. There's no way we could ever lose to Portugal, as they've never beaten us in an important match.

Euro 2000 we sent you home early already qualified for the next round and with our B team. Sergio Conceição hat trick.

Ennosuke

Yeah right, 5 semifinals in 10 years really is weak. Wish we had Völler or Ribbeck back.

Hopefully France doesn't destroy us like in 2014.

Oh wait.

Doesn't have anything to do with the superior skills of Löw. He has a Golden Generation as his team and definetly could have achieved more than what he has achieved with this team.

Corto

Doesn't have anything to do with the superior skills of Löw. He has a Golden Generation as his team and definetly could have achieved more than what he has achieved with this team.

But Spain had a Platinum Generation contemporary to yours.

Oersted

Has anyone an idea why Conte even subbed off Chiellini? He was arguably the best player on the pitch.

Agreed. I was referring to Xavi/Iniesta years. Germany had excellent teams also but those guys were the top.

Xavi/Iniesta was the best midfield I have ever seen. Not just fantastic players, they worked perfectly together.

LNBL

was pelle really teasing a lob? lol
Haha he didn't even get it on target. Poor guy, actually wanted him to score, crazy that he has made it all the way to this stage of international football after his first years in the Durch league at AZ

I just hope Löw is finally out after this tourney, it's long overdue.
Every time we play against Spain or Italy he completely destroys a well running formation with his bullshit.
It was pure luck we won.
Nah. He can make some dumb decisions sometimes, but overall he is getting some damn good results and especially consistency over many years. Amuses me when people think it's just luck

Many teams had a golden generation and fucked up hard. If your coach sucks it's very likely you don't get very far as a team. Reaching the semifinals with this amount of consistency is not luck nor down to just good players.

Playing nice is not enough...I need to feel some sympathy with the players at least, but this isn't the case with our team:
Arrogant looking Neuer, arrogant baby-face Götze, douchebag Özil, hipster Boateng, + a mix of lifeless looking androids and a body odour sniffing coach with no personality.
Sorry, really want to force myself to like them, but I just can't.

Go Iceland, go Wales, go France!!!

yes, whatever makes it more excruciating for Germay

Let's hope so. The more Bayern tears the better.

Can someone score against the Germans please

Ah fuck off. C'mon italy don't let these clowns go through, we already have the portugal clowns through

I want to see some german tears please.
I'm very sorry

Has anyone an idea why Conte even subbed off Chiellini? He was arguably the best player on the pitch.
Is Chiellini traditionally a penalty taker? I don't remember him taking many penalties in his career but honestly on paper Zaza should have been the better choice for taking a penalty. Chiellinis legs were probably jello after 120 minutes.

Thankfully we get another world cup with Buffon. Dude still is one of the best. After him the team will never be the same.

AmFreak

How can you be so sure?

The question is how can you not see his dumb decisions?
Pdot said it right - he thinks he is more clever than he is, the complete nonsense with Lahm that everyone really everyone called him out on.
Something i have never witnessed - so many experts, coaches, etc.. told him it is wrong, cause it was obvious to anyone. And he still continued with it, it was "luck" that Mustafi got injured against algeria in the round of 16 and so he had to put Lahm back into the df. They played much better from this point on. I would take any bet that we wouldn't have won the wc with Lahm in mf.
Then the complete changes whenever we played Italy or Spain.
We played an unreal k.o. round in 2010, we won 4-1 against England then 4-0 against Argentina then we faced Spain and Löw came up with one of his special tactics.
I think i have never seen a team going from such a high point to such a low level.
And i'm not saying we would have won against them with another coach, but his changes completely destroyed our chances.
The game was unwatchable, could have gone 6 hours and we still wouldn't have scored a single goal.
The best team he ever coached was vfb stuttgart and he was coaching Austria Wien before he became head-coach of germany, might be telling ...

And btw Völler reached the wc finals with a comparatively absolute trash team.

Oersted

Is Chiellini traditionally a penalty taker? I don't remember him taking many penalties in his career but honestly on paper Zaza should have been the better choice for taking a penalty. Chiellinis legs were probably jello after 120 minutes.

Thankfully we get another world cup with Buffon. Dude still is one of the best. After him the team will never be the same.

He isn't. But truth to be told, I would have picked him. He was determined. And wouldn't have taken such a stupid pen.

Randam

The question is how can you not see his dumb decisions?
Pdot said it right - he thinks he is more clever than he is, the complete nonsense with Lahm that everyone really everyone called him out on.
Something i have never witnessed - so many experts, coaches, etc.. told him it is wrong, cause it was obvious to anyone. And he still continued with it, it was "luck" that Mustafi got injured against algeria in the round of 16 and so he had to put Lahm back into the df. They played much better from this point on. I would take any bet that we wouldn't have won the wc with Lahm in mf.
Then the complete changes whenever we played Italy or Spain.
We played an unreal k.o. round in 2010, we won 4-1 against England then 4-0 against Argentina then we faced Spain and Löw came up with one of his special tactics.
I think i have never seen a team going from such a high point to such a low level.
And i'm not saying we would have won against them with another coach, but his changes completely destroyed our chances.
The game was unwatchable, could have gone 6 hours and we still wouldn't have scored a single goal.
The best team he ever coached was vfb stuttgart and he was coaching Austria Wien before he became head-coach of germany, might be telling ...

And btw Völler reached the wc finals with a comparatively absolute trash team.
We don't now how the England/Argentina tactic would have worked against Spain/Italy.
Those are different teams. Could have been a 1:7 against them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gaf hates Germany now too?

Portugal v Germany is going to be the Batman v Superman of finals ;_;

Ansatz

I think Löw did all the right calls tactically, I said this beforehand when I saw the lineup. Germany had the advantage in every part of the pitch and scored from open play against the Juve defense, Italy got lucky with injuries on Khedira + Gomez which forced an unfit Bastian to play ~110 minutes and they still managed to keep it together and of course Italy gets an unlikely penalty out of nothing to get back into the game.

Everything looked fine, then it all went to shit with 1 small incident, now Hummels will miss the semi final and they played an extra 30 mins. Hopefully Iceland manages to push France to the limit as well. At least Germany will get an extra day of rest, so there's that.

He fails when trying to outsmart better trainers. Italy didn't show anything today which would have made 5 defenders necessary.

Also stuff like putting Lahm in the midfield was some high level nonsense.

You know Pep Guardiola did the same with Lahm at Bayern, right? Is he a shit tier manager too?

(Not that I love Löw, but he's better than the vast majority of national team managers across the world.)

I don't really get the Germany hate from a lot of their supporters. Be happy that your team is loaded with solid talent, with great coaching. They have been consistent over the last few years. Don't take this for granted.

Did Buffon say that he's coming back? Last I checked, he said that this was his last international tourny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom