• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koren

Where the hell is all of this "France is no good" talk coming from? They are one of the tourny favs to win it all. They have a rather impressive squad... I'd imagine if you follow football in the slightest, you'd realize this.
2nd-choice defense has more holes than swiss cheese...

Besides, even good club players don't always make a great team. See Belgium.

(French sports journalists were still saying that the team was below average two hours ago... I think it's a bit harsh, but they can be awfully clumsy at times, both in attack and defense)

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Payet's getting complacent. Would probably be 6-1 if he put a bit of effort into that counter-attack. Hope Iceland punish that.

#istillbelievemaybe

It will be interesting to see France play against actual competition. That's all I'm saying. I remember France looking decent in 2014 and then completely falling apart against Germany.

Completely falling apart? What game have you watched? French jerseys aren't yellow. It was a rather tight game, a good Benzema volley could have changed a lot.

Mimosa97

It will be interesting to see France play against actual competition. That's all I'm saying. I remember France looking decent in 2014 and then completely falling apart against Germany.

Falling apart ? We lost 1-0 on the only chance the germans had (corner kick and header from Hummels).

The game was a fucking borefest. Both teams were playing super conservative.

Me during this game

gy2K9a8.gif

jts

...hate me...
Peléo;209070856 said:
Hate Fifa rules regarding uniforms. France should be playing with the classic Blue, White, Red;
What rules are those? There are still a few teams playing with different colored shorts and shirts. Think it's mainly an aesthetic option these days.

Gandie

Completely falling apart? What game have you watched? French jerseys aren't yellow. It was a rather tight game, a good Benzema volley could have changed a lot.

Falling apart ? We lost 1-0 on the only chance the germans had (corner kick and header from Hummels).

The game was a fucking borefest. Both teams were playing super conservative.

Yeah completely fell apart, lost 1-0.

Whoops, seem to have misremembered the game. I just remember the early Hummels goal and France failing to put any pressure on Neuer's goal. But yeah, wrong choice of words.

Aters

Nah I remember that match. Germany didn't play much better.

Match is all but decided so I want to namedrop one of my favorite french footballers of all time: David Ginola. He is probably the reason I have a soft spot for french teams up to this day.

Match is all but decided so I want to namedrop one of my favorite french footballers of all time: David Ginola. He is probably the reason I have a soft spot for french teams up to this day.
He's hosting the post-game show on french tv.

Almost died a few weeks ago too (heart).

Haha, sorry if I got the wrong impression, it's just that GAF is always so grumpy about matches. :D

Nah it's all good. But yeah without tension or a close score you can shoot 6 goals and still bore the people watching it. But that's not France's fault, of course they wanna safe some energy for the next game.

Portugal - Croatia is still by far the worst game this euro.

Shito

Nah it's all good. But yeah without tension or a close score you can shoot 6 goals and still bore the people watching it. But that's not France's fault, of course they wanna safe some energy for the next game.

Portugal - Croatia is still by far the worst game this euro.
Agree with all of that.

France with a disappointing ending for that match. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom