• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
France played very well in attack today. But they struggled against Romania and Albania up until the last minutes, so with Germany having the best defence in this championship, probably that's where the key of the semis will be. On the other side, French defence has been quite average, but Germany has no striker and good scoring midfielders. I think Germany will score at least once against France.

I still hope France wins though.

Peléo

That law got softened though. It only prohibits colours, that match the opponents' directly, like white shorts for France would.

Proof:

From yesterday.

That's true. I've actually searched for yesterday's game because I couldn´t remember how they played. I'm glad they softened it a little bit.

fWWAAVq.jpg

F

Jorav

Wales, Portugal, Germany and France in the semis. Spot the team that doesn't belong lol. Hoping for a Wales v Germany Final and Wales winning.

Aters

Come to think about it. Giroud has a good track record against Neuer.
Giroud + Koscielny (+Sagna) vs Ozil. I don't know which team to support.

Jb

I'm not very confident in our ability to beat Germany but this was a very nice moment for all our fans :)
Congrats to Iceland for their beautiful Odyssey!

Cystm

Fascinating run by Iceland. Not the scoreline I was hoping for, but they should still be very, very proud of their run.

Now for France to overcome the Germans.

jts

...hate me...
Wales, Portugal, Germany and France in the semis. Spot the team that doesn't belong lol. Hoping for a Wales v Germany Final and Wales winning.
Hey, Wales may not be a common appearance at this stage of competition compared to Portugal, France and Germany, but if they're here they've earned it and they belong.

We can play this game all damn day. :D I won't consider us the favourites with the amount of energy we've had to expend in our QF.
This aspect is probably a bit overrated I would say. Our boys have quite the endurance. They will get back on their feet. Plus as we have just witnessed, the French defence is quite spotty, so we should be able to break through there if Iceland can. On the other hand I doubt their counter attacks will work as efficiently against us since we blocked most attempts by Italy early on who used a similar strategy. We can do this :)

dragonbane, our friendship ends here
Dang. May the better team win I guess :p

Aters

Hey, Wales may not be a common appearance at this stage of competition compared to Portugal, France and Germany, but if they're here they've earned it and they belong.

Yes. Wales scored 10 goals and they beat Belgium. They earned their position in the top 4.

oti

Banned
Could we just move on from England please? We get it, they're bad.

Wales could be in the final how crazy is that?

jm89

Really underlines how utterly shit England were.

Over 15 years of watching England play, i've never been so disgusted with the english team as i am after their euro exit. They need a coach like conte to bring some confidence/tactics to this clueless team.

Fistwell

Not really, Iceland had a bad game but still scored 2 goals and should've had a penalty and almost score 2 other goals
I like Iceland as much as the next guy, but they got crushed. Game was over before the end of the first half. France subbed out their only decent center back in the second half and generally couldn't be bothered to give a fuck after half time. Those 2 goals helped soften the blow for Iceland, but they happened after the game was already over. Iceland looked really weak, game was too easy for France in the first half.

Koren

France played very well in attack today. But they struggled against Romania and Albania up until the last minutes, so with Germany having the best defence in this championship, probably that's where the key of the semis will be.
At least, they'll feel less pressure. Playing at home against teams considered weaker is a double-edge blade, if you loose, you'll keep hearing about it.

Now, even if they loose against Germany, there won't be a national backslash. That's something.

Iceland scoring two goals is great for them, but also for the french team, as a warning (even if everyone know the defense is weak, a remainder is always welcome if that makes them more cautious)

Strax

I like Iceland as much as the next guy, but they got crushed. Game was over before the end of the first half. France subbed out their only decent center back in the second half and generally couldn't be bothered to give a fuck after half time. Those 2 goals helped soften the blow for Iceland, but they happened after the game was already over. Iceland looked really weak, game was too easy for France in the first half.

I'm saying not France wasn't the better team but saying Iceland are a bad team when they scored scored 2 goals and should've had a penalty and almost score 2 other goals is false.

Strax

Btw Iceland fans are still in the stands cheering their team.

They were awful there's no escaping that, the match was over at half time. The only reason they scored those goals was because France had stopped giving a fuck and everyone was trying to score a goal

If you want to life in that narrative thats your right.

____

Iceland right now

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I'm saying not France wasn't the better team but saying Iceland are a bad team when they scored scored 2 goals and should've had a penalty and almost score 2 other goals is false.
They were awful there's no escaping that, the match was over at half time. The only reason they scored those goals was because France had stopped giving a fuck and everyone was trying to score a goal

Oersted

France played very well in attack today. But they struggled against Romania and Albania up until the last minutes, so with Germany having the best defence in this championship, probably that's where the key of the semis will be. On the other side, French defence has been quite average, but Germany has no striker and good scoring midfielders. I think Germany will score at least once against France.

I still hope France wins though.

Hummels is gone, Schweinsteiger and Khedira probably will miss, Kimmich still sucks.

It was never easier during the tournament, thats for sure.

Oersted

A Island player did say straight up say they were awful in the first half. They know.

Strax

A Island player did say straight up say they were awful in the first half. They know.

Nobody here is saying Iceland had a good first half. I was just saying that calling Iceland a bad team because of one bad game is bullshit. Also in that bad game they still scored 2 goals and should've had a penalty and almost scored 2 other goals.

This game was "France played well" not "Iceland is terrible"

Nobody here is saying Iceland had a good first half. I was just saying that calling Iceland a bad team because of one bad game is bullshit. Also in that bad game they still scored 2 goals and should've had a penalty and almost scored 2 other goals.

This game was "France played well" not "Iceland is terrible"

Its both. France almost scored 3 more goals. "Almost" doesnt mean jack shit.

Wales have been amazing. They fully deserve to make it to the final.

Portugal have been straight trash. Hope they lose.

I wasnt able to watch the Wales games sadly. I hope they win too tho.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Iceland played awful in the first half. First two French goals had practically no build up, just straight defence mistakes.

FDC1

First, you don't understand football if you take anything that happened in second half in consideration. France crushed Iceland 4-0 in 1st half-time. They played at half speed in second half, avoiding cards and bad contacts, keeping strength for Germany.

Secondly, that wasn't a penalty.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i hope the players missing for germany will be enough to tip things in france's favour, but i am not very optimistic. and france would probably choke in front of their home crowd anyway.

Strax

First, you don't understand football if you take anything that happened in second half in consideration. France crushed Iceland 4-0 in 1st half-time. They played at half speed in second half, avoiding cards and bad contacts, keeping strength for Germany.

Secondly, that wasn't a penalty.

If you feel that way, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom