• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

I like how Ronaldo is always cool with Pitch invaders. such a start contrast to his persona on the field getting pissed at his own teammates for not passing him the ball.

He is a competitive beast. But I think this tournament he is toning down that behaviour with his teammates. There's a lot more solidarity between players and Renato Sanches rebellion is a nice counter point too.

I like how Ronaldo is always cool with Pitch invaders. such a start contrast to his persona on the field getting pissed at his own teammates for not passing him the ball.

Didn't there used to be conspiracy theory that the "invasions" were staged so as to make Ronaldo look like a nice person?

Melfice7

Serious question. Is Portugal the only team without a striker?

Its ridiculous how bad we are at creating strikers in this country (doesnt help that out top teams always import strikers)

We have a good talented young one, André Silva, coach prefered to take Éder ... lol looool

BTW Portugal has been robbed of 3 penalties so far, hope theres not another one in the final

Tugatrix

13619997_420342351474237_8168772290839863689_n.jpg

13575793_916263771829430_7474235012065620445_o.jpg

Mac_Lane

I hope that tomorrow, 34 years afterwards, we finally take revenge for that damn WC semi-final in Sevilla. That damn game is still such a big trauma for us Frenchmen, we need to get rid of it and move on. I'll be so damn crushed if the Germans rob us of a final at home...

Mac_Lane

Wow what an amazing anniversary (actually the day before). The GOAT World Cup game.
http://youtu.be/txZa6_DkpYs

They showed it again on French TV yesterday... And I always end up watching it, knowing the bitter end of it, still hoping something would turn out differently... It's the most soul-crushing games of all. So many feels...

I hope tomorrow's game will leave as big a mark as that one did. But in a positive way this time around.

Baleoce

Ahh damn, it's never easy to take, but I can't be angry with this Welsh campaign. It's easy to think what if Ramsey had been in this semi, but to win these tournaments you need a complete squad. I hope we can use this as a stepping stone. Here's to the world cup qualifiers :)

I hope tomorrow's game will leave as big a mark as that one did. But in a positive way this time around.
The biggest mark left by that match was on Patrick Battison's head.

That German team was so ordinary, but as it is often the case with that team whatever shit they fling at the wall sticks.

Oersted

It is a thing of beauty that in one bracket Italy, Spain and up next Germany or France will be eliminated and in the other... Croatia I guess? Poland?

Another star goes down. I hate reading this stuff. :(

Rose
Woods
Armstrong
Bonds
Messi
Hogan

Hockey is the best...I really hope Gretzky and Lemieux will manage to stay clean for the rest of their lives in terms of sensationalistic media BS.
The Soviets certainly didn't think Gretzky was clean, but that's a story for another thread.

Luckily there are no Canadians in this thread.

Holly crap. We're in the final? Talk about miracles....the worst thing is that Santos will harp about this forever and a day.

Why is Ricardo Carvalho not playing? Is he injured?

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!

Rose
Woods
Armstrong
Bonds
Messi
Hogan

Hockey is the best...I really hope Gretzky and Lemieux will manage to stay clean for the rest of their lives in terms of sensationalistic media BS.

You think what Messi did is as bad as the rest of those guys?

Holly crap. We're in the final? Talk about miracles....the worst thing is that Santos will harp about this forever and a day.

Why is Ricardo Carvalho not playing? Is he injured?

He is 38 years old.

Alucard

Banned
You think what Messi did is as bad as the rest of those guys?.

Tax evasion is pretty shitty...especially if you're making millions. Hard to say if it's "worse" than roiding, but yeah, not as bad as spousal abuse. Regardless, it's a black mark on his public persona.

jts

...hate me...
Not sure who to pull for tomorrow. On one hand I like Germany way more than France, and I think that France would be a more approachable game than Germany, much like I think Wales was easier than Belgium would be.

On the other hand if France wins, they are closer to the title, which I would hate even more than Germany making the WC/EC double.

Syder

Rose
Woods
Armstrong
Bonds
Messi
Hogan
Messi and his father are shady dudes and Spanish taxpayers have every right to be pissed but to me this doesn't affect his playing legacy at all, unless it comes out that he is a doper or a match fixer. I don't see why Tiger Woods is as bad as someone like Armstrong either, if Woody wants to bang strippers that's nobody's business. Adultery isn't a crime anymore as cuntish as it is.

Also, people who follow wrestling knew Hogan was a cunt before he was a known racist. Didn't change much, brothurrr.

Acorn

Not sure who to pull for tomorrow. On one hand I like Germany way more than France, and I think that France would be a more approachable game than Germany, much like I think Wales was easier than Belgium would be.

On the other hand if France wins, they are closer to the title, which I would hate even more than Germany making the WC/EC double.
I'm going for France since I think the french deserve something good after everything they've had to endure.

They showed it again on French TV yesterday... And I always end up watching it, knowing the bitter end of it, still hoping something would turn out differently... It's the most soul-crushing games of all. So many feels...

Damn, thats a brutal foul :( I never knew about this piece of history between us lol

I don't like that everyone thinks we'll beat France easily.
Certainly won't be easy, but some confidence can't hurt

longdi

Banned
Rooting for the French to beat the arrogance out of those robogermans.

And then CR7 double owning the French by winning his first international title and beating corrupt platini's record. He deserves it for his tenacity, unlike shady messi crying about not getting paid by AFA while on international duty, yet he hides his millions.

Tubie

Ronaldo is truly one of the best of all time.

I can't believe there's people that still refuse to accept that lol.

People who dislike Ronaldo because he is arrogant have never done sports themselves. Ronaldo haters are the single most pitifully group of people in football. His work ethic is remarkable and his attitude outstanding. He is in his early 30s and seems to have hardly declined because he works so hard. Every single report of his ex trainers or players he played with is positive.

PatjuhR

People who dislike Ronaldo because he is arrogant have never done sports themselves. Ronaldo haters are the single most pitifully group of people in football. His work ethic is remarkable and his attitude outstanding. He is in his early 30s and seems to have hardly declined because he works so hard. Every single report of his ex trainers or players he played with is positive.

These are two different things.

I have heard nobody saying that Ronaldo isn't working hard and he is amazing with things like helping sick children and stuff.

But c'mon you also gotta see that he has his little annoying ways.

The thing that bothers me the most is that I think he is a little to self centered, but maybe that comes with his personality and that also makes him as good as he is. I feel like a individual sport would fit him much better.

It really bothers me that he keeps trying to shoot from awkward positions and even with 3 defenders right in his face. That's useless and not helping the team.

And I'm not even going to start about his free kicks and the fact that he takes all of them. Suprised he doesn't take corners and try to shoot them at goal all the time.

I'm an American but even I know about this game. When I was a kid, I owned the VHS tape, "Every Goal of Spain '82". Even from just the highlights, that game was epic. The tournament also featured probably featured one of the best Brazilian teams. An Argentinian team just 4 years away form their '86 run. And France just two years before their Euro '84 championship. That tournament had so many teams at or near their peak. There were at least 6 teams that could be considered strong favorites.

Anyway looking forward to tomorrow's game. Hopefully we get a more exciting match than the Portugal/Wales match, and we get a mythical match like we did 34 years ago.

Xater

A different kind of caricature to go with today. Does make sense though considering the political climate these days.

Translation of the text: "How lucky we are we only have to fight battles in football these days."

Hackbert

ugh, the joy of the late shift. the store will be empty at nine o clock... hoping for overtime, so i can catch a bit of the game. my gut feeling says france goes trough...

Jb

A different kind of caricature to go with today. Does make sense though considering the political climate these days.

Translation of the text: "How lucky we are we only have to fight battles in football these days."

Crazy to think that there is so little animosity between our two nations after what happened in the XXth century.
If only for that reason, the EU was a worthwhile endeavor.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I've made my mind, I want Germany to win against France tonight and beat Portugal in the final. Because they really played well and it would be a deserved champion.

Are there players on these teams who were there in the match they played during the terrorist attack? Both teams ended up sleeping at the stadium, Germany for their own security and France for solidarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom