• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm changing country from Japan to something else. Thought about Ternate buuuuuut Fanboi is in SEA RIP.
Really not feeling for Japan.

Convert Japan to Catholicism like I did last session. Great fun™

But on a more serious note, be sure to check with anyone your switch could affect. There's a reason we are pretty strict with picking order etc. It would be really unfair to -- say Fitz as Orissa, if you went ahead and picked Bengal or whatever. You get the idea.

Edit: ok, then, strike that!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Convert Japan to Catholicism like I did last session. Great fun™

But on a more serious note, be sure to check with anyone your switch could affect. There's a reason we are pretty strict with picking order etc. It would be really unfair to -- say Fitz as Orissa, if you went ahead and picked Bengal or whatever. You get the idea.

If I just go for a japanese daimyo then I won't really affect anyone more than me being Japan, might be more fun.

I think I'll do that.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
For those who contacted me through Steam, I am most likely still playing, but the reason I haven't picked anything yet is that I'm undecided. The most likely options are: play in southeast Asia (something like Dai Viet), play in west Africa (most likely Songhai), play Scotland, or don't pick any nation and just fill in for players when they are absent.

Fitz

I was thinking about Songhai myself, but it seems that since changing nationalism for separatism you no longer get +0 unrest when conquering tribal lands. Was a massive boost for Songhai before, being the only non tribal government in the region.

fanboi

Banned
For those who contacted me through Steam, I am most likely still playing, but the reason I haven't picked anything yet is that I'm undecided. The most likely options are: play in southeast Asia (something like Dai Viet), play in west Africa (most likely Songhai), play Scotland, or don't pick any nation and just fill in for players when they are absent.

Play Scotland and get help from KingSnake.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Such hostility, smh. I for one would welcome an African brother

Kabouter

I'm not being hostile. Hostility would be "you better don't be fucking picking scotland MGO you jerkwad". :p

Yeah, I feel like even if someone does pick a country near you, you don't have much to complain :p. Your country is in about as good a starting position as it's gonna get in a big MP game. It's pretty much the opposite of last game for you :D

The only reason I don't want him to play Scotland is because Scotland is one of the center pieces for my destruction of England (since, after all, I am obligated to do that as I am basically playing the French).

Kabouter

The only reason I don't want him to play Scotland is because Scotland is one of the center pieces for my destruction of England (since, after all, I am obligated to do that as I am basically playing the French).

Oh, I figured it was because if he succeeded at bringing down England, he'd be controlling a huge chunk of your home trade node, and would be a competitor for North American colonization :p

Steeven

Hey guys, I am not sure if I can make it this Sunday, so if anyone here has the urge to fill in for me, be my guest and let me know so we can discuss tactics and strategy. I am applying for a Phd position and have until November 2 to finish the application so that's going to take the whole weekend at least, probably the next one as well.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
The game would be far more interesting with a Scottish player. But if I haven't decided on anything by Wednesday, I'll probably just play Songhai.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
With Toma skipping this round, is there any reason not to do 9-11 pm CEST sessions both on Wednesdays and Sundays?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
With Toma skipping this round, is there any reason not to do 9-11 pm CEST sessions both on Wednesdays and Sundays?

I would prefer to do 10-12 like in the first round, since 9 is often before my son is completely asleep.

CloudWolf

So... I'm not sure if I'm able to join after all. Since yesterday my laptop has gone to the shitter. It constantly (randomly) locks up for minutes at a time and programs take eons to load, so playing any game right now is next to impossible.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Morfeo

So... I'm not sure if I'm able to join after all. Since yesterday my laptop has gone to the shitter. It constantly (randomly) locks up for minutes at a time and programs take eons to load, so playing any game right now is next to impossible.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Sorry to see this, had looked forward to partition Italy with you and then live peacefully ever after!

ITALY IS MINE

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Would be a shame if you have to drop jwitjes, I am very much looking forward to witness all that Italian peace in action

CloudWolf

Would be a shame if you have to drop jwitjes, I am very much looking forward to witness all that Italian peace in action

It's so damn inconsistent. Right now my laptop is working great, but for most of the day it just wouldn't work at all. I really, really hope that it works wednesday.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's so damn inconsistent. Right now my laptop is working great, but for most of the day it just wouldn't work at all. I really, really hope that it works wednesday.

That could be the hard-disk slowly dying. When it's very slow, check in task manager if the disk is close to 100% or something.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. Tomorrow, 21.30 CEST

Since Kab isn't playing, I guess we need a new host? Who's most likely to play consistently and is not playing on a toaster? I could host like I did at the end of last session, but I can't guarantee I'll be there every single session - at least there's a chance I'll miss the Nov 8 one.

Morfeo

I am actually getting pretty hyped, looking forward to once again crash and burn, starting tomorrow!

Fitz

Sorry to leave this to the last minute, but I'm going to duck out of this session, got a bunch of other things I want to be doing right now. Didn't really have any desire to play any of the nations available to me anyway, good luck to everyone else though, especially Kingsnake, you need to finish what others couldn't and conquer the entirety of India!

Also my wireless is being extra shitty atm, I'd just slow the game down.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
That sucks, Fitz!

The non-euro map is getting so sparsely populated it'll be almost like a single player game for most of us.

We should probably re-evaluate the rating system after this round if it keeps all the top dogs from participating.

Steeven

Considering the proposed time slot and the hours of sleep available to me afterwards, I will probably participate for one hour every session, otherwise I'll be running low on sleep. I have confidence in the AI not ruining my sessions. But it depends on how I feel =).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be as last time though, 21.30 - 23.00 CEST Wednedays, 21.00 - 23.00 CEST Sundays

Morfeo

Sorry to leave this to the last minute, but I'm going to duck out of this session, got a bunch of other things I want to be doing right now. Didn't really have any desire to play any of the nations available to me anyway, good luck to everyone else though, especially Kingsnake, you need to finish what others couldn't and conquer the entirety of India!

Also my wireless is being extra shitty atm, I'd just slow the game down.

This sucks, hope to see you back for next game!

We should probably re-evaluate the rating system after this round if it keeps all the top dogs from participating.

Or they could just start doing worse :) Nah, I agree, its probably a bit to strict right now for most players.

Morfeo

I will probably not drop out! There's a big chance my PC will work fine tonight and I'm gonna bring it in for repairs Friday. So I will most likely not be able to play Sunday, but that's it.

And there I already tried to coordinate the war with France without you. :)

This is
worrying
great news, looking forward to have another player to cooperate with in Italy!

Btw, its Fanbois birthday today, wish him well
and be sure to take his land tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom