• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudWolf

Okay, fuck. Apparently my laptop dislikes games since it was working perfectly until I started EU4 which caused my laptop to crash three times in a row, so I'm forced to drop out at literally the last minute. Goddammit...

Well, I went from about 5 players willing to help me against France to basically 0. The restarted session also ended up being disastrous for me in terms of rivals, because NOONE rivalled France except for England, who also rivalled me. ~_~

Either way, first session was decent enough. I declared war on Provence, took Barrois from them to connect up my lands and took over Lorraine as my vassal to add to my vassal swarm. The game pretty much ended after I declared war on France. Let's hope I can pull through.

Uzzy

Brandenburg AAR:

Fuck you Poland. Goddamn useless AI. Of course after multiple test games where the AI proves it's worth and actually holds it's own, it goes utterly stupid in this game and lets Bohemia and the Teutonic Order pick it apart. At least I ensured that Poland wouldn't get the PU over Lithuania.

I managed to take Neumark from the Teutonic Order, but it took a ton of loans and revoking the Polish alliance to do it. So that's a positive. But I had to spend a ton of mana on forcing down war exhaustion, and disband most of my army just to start earning a little money to repay the loans. So I wasn't able to do what I usually do for my opening move and beat on Pomerania to gain access to the sea.

On the downside, the truce with Bohemia runs out in 1455. Bohemia is allied with Saxony and the Teutonic Order, all three of them are rivals with me and I can't get the Polish alliance back until 1458. This will be fun.

Provinces Gained: Neumark
Provinces Lost: None, somehow.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Until a few years into the game I had no idea that Dai Viet was the only Mahayana Buddhist nation in the world. So I have an eight year regency, 22 legitimacy, high revolt risk, and I'm surrounded by heretics everywhere...seems like a pretty typical game.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Ended up playing Japan instead of one of the daimyos.
Fed 2 of the daimyos a few provinces and just waiting for 1454 to diplo-annex them.
Took a few provinces so that I could fabricate claim on Jinzhou, declared war on them and took 4-5 southern provinces from them and that's where we ended.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
November 11th 1444 - May 24th 1453
Yj5vyKd.png

no player map mode because everyone pulled out so quick

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Mamluks AAR:

Took Karaman, Dulkadir, Aq Qoyunlu, Ramazan, made most of into a big buffer vassal against Ottos.
Also diplo-grabbed Fezzan as a vassal, and started a little war against Makuria.

Fun session! :) Hopefully it'll be a bit smoother next time.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Savoy AAR

I started my game by simply observing the chaos that was 15th century Italy, dominated by foreign powers like Austria, France and Aragon, a group of many smaller principalities all locked in constant struggles for supremacy but always held back by changing allegiances and foreign intervention, formed the key areas of the peninsula. As the newly elected adviser for one of the medium-sized of these, the Duchy of Savoy at the french alpine border, I decided we had to end this situation if Eternal Peace™ was ever to return to the peninsula.

Of course, the Chuck Norris of Peace himself, quickly went to work, and organized a Coalition of the Willing to hunt down terrorists, and soon found quite a few of them behind the strong city walls of Lucca. However, they were easily dispatched of as the people of Lucca was once again free from their tyranical overlords, and welcomed to join the Savoyan realm.

Soon after, we heard rumours about some weapons of mass destruction stored in Ferrara, and when we were refused to do our peace-keeping duty there, we got our new ally Austria to support us in taking actions against the despicable war-mongerers. While the operation went fine, a diversion appeared when my ally Florence decided to teach the increasingly decadent popes a lesson. Hesitating at first, I eventually decided to join Florence when I saw how the ambrosian republic of Milan rallied to the popes aid, as I could not accept my archnemesis the milanese to get the upper hand in central italy.

Both operations went well for us, as we quickly annihilated the milanese army and occupied the border both in the west and south, and after the Ferrarian people finally overthrew the tyrans and elected the Duke of Savoy as protector, we felt confident enough to start another peaceful intervention.

The small city of Sienna, had observed the increasingly uneasy situation for the pope, and decided to jump into their own little aggressive maneuver. While we were also in a war against the pope still, this move would almost certainly guarantee the total destruction of the holy city, so it was decided to switch side in the war and intervene against Sienna. Their army was quickly pacified, and at about the same time as the people of Sienna decided they wanted part of the peace, we also managed to deadly weaken both Milan with releasing Parma, and the Papal States by ceding terriroty to our close allies the florentines.

We did however quickly learn that it had been a mistake to trust Florence so, as they instantly broke the alliance and rivaled glorious Savoy after finishing our common struggle. They will pay for this later! At the moment, we had more important matters, as my new ally Castille had humiliated Aragon and helped them hand over Sardinia to some local nobles. Always the peoples man, I decided it was time the people of Sardinia finally tasted true Peace, and entered the island to restore order quickly before the end of the session.

As all this happened, we were also lucky enough to watch the start of the great french patriot war against burgundian imperialism. That is a war that is sure to play a key role in our ongoing peacefulness.

Allies gained: Austria, Castille, Venice, Genoa, Florence,
Allies lost: Venice, Florence
Provinces gaines: Lucca, Siena
Vassals gained: Ferrara (two provs)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Btw, has anyone experienced being auto-alt-tabbed out of the game whenever something happens with Skype? That happened to me twice in the middle of war last session and was really annoying. Is there any way to prevent Skype from just hijacking everything?

Morfeo

Btw, has anyone experienced being auto-alt-tabbed out of the game whenever something happens with Skype? That happened to me twice in the middle of war last session and was really annoying. Is there any way to prevent Skype from just hijacking everything?

This happens to me all the time with Skype as well, really irritating.

fanboi

Banned
LOL.

Why dont you join the fun in Europa? Im sure there should be a decent spot for you there, lets say as Scottland or something like that?

First I have played as Scotland, 2nd you see that poor yellow nation on the British islands? Yeah...

3rd, stop mocking me on Facebook :p

Morfeo

First I have played as Scotland, 2nd you see that poor yellow nation on the British islands? Yeah...

3rd, stop mocking me on Facebook :p

Hey, I have played as Savoy as well, doesnt make it unfun to do it again with new neighbours and a more competent Burgundy!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Died in first war as the biggest nation on sumatra.

How did you do this fanboi? Did you go away and eat cake in the middle of the war :p

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Timurids AAR

The first session went very smooth. I conquered 4 provinces (2 from Kashmir and 2 from the state above it - I can't remember the name now) and I fought wars for my allies against Nogai and Uzbek, severely crippling them. Unfortunately I didn't get anything from those wars except for a big dent in my manpower. Meanwhile my diplomatic abilities ensured the vassalization of Hormuz. Now I need to wait and prepare for the upcoming big wars to pacify the middle east and Anatolia.

fanboi

Banned
Fanboi withdrew his strong fleet from a battle that eould have sunk at least some of Ayutthaya's transports and thus have allowed him to win the war.

That was definitely quicker, yes.

Yeah maybe, but they had stronger fleet then mine in the end, like 22 ships vs 16 or so.

Kabouter

Yeah maybe, but they had stronger fleet then mine in the end, like 22 ships vs 16 or so.

You had more heavy ships in that battle, four versus three. At minimum you would have sunk enough of their transports to be able to beat anything Ayutthaya would have landed :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
In this particular game he's more like the invisible eye that sees everything.

giphy.gif

Uzzy

And that smaller fleet will certainly win you the war resting at anchor in your home ports while the enemies army rampages through your lands!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
But I have no armies or whatever to actually affect things :p

Good point. Thanks for the nice ring you gave me before the session though! It makes me feel really great and powerful and good about myself and OHGODIWANTTOKILLTHEMALLMURDERMURDER

Kabouter

So did you spectate me anything?

I know I did a big mistake in the end (Gave Yeren land instead of releasing them as a vassal)

Yeah, I watched you for a bit, but I left before the end so I wouldn't have seen that. From what I did see, you did very well.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'll tell you this, I'm pretty excited to play eu4.

One of the few times I've looked forward to a sunday.

Steeven

Hey guys, I'll not be participating in tonight's session. I'm thinking of passing the whole game anyway, it just isn't the right time and dropping out in the first session didn't help either. So I'm going to wait until next session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom