• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Will probably join but do almost nothing. I have to last-minute study for chemistry final exam tomorrow

Kabouter

Will probably join but do almost nothing. I have to last-minute study for chemistry final exam tomorrow

Maybe try to get someone to replace you? Like Fitz, Jazz or crab? (I already promised Robo I'd play for him tonight and host if he doesn't make it in time) Either way though, good luck on your exam.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Maybe try to get someone to replace you? Like Fitz, Jazz or crab? (I already promised Robo I'd play for him tonight and host if he doesn't make it in time) Either way though, good luck on your exam.

I'll survive, I was planning on taking a break from conquering and up my admin tech this session anyway.

And that should be no problem while studying.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

Btw, could you play for me on wednesday? I doubt I will be able to join then.

Uzzy

I'll survive, I was planning on taking a break from conquering and up my admin tech this session anyway.

And that should be no problem while studying.

That's just asking for a disaster to happen, like Ming invading or something.

Uzzy

Brandenburg AAR:

jJJ4W5U.jpg

See you post Cossacks!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I said I would do nothing as Japan. Seems like I lied and now all of manchuria is mine (almost).

Also started colonisating hoping to block of russia from siberia and so forth.

Development change this session: 340(beginning) - 500(End).

Uzzy

Hahaha amazing. What did you do to piss all of them off?

Existed for the most part. I took Verden in a war and the Hansa decided to immediately break their alliance with me, which I think is what finally convinced Bohemia to declare on me, thanks to my weaker position. The Hansa then launched a separate war, followed by Pomerania. So that's three separate alliance chains I'm at war with there.

Burgundy AAR:
While Venice was getting beaten silly by the Ottomans, I took the opportunity to go to war with France again, since Venice would not aid their cause. It was 1on1 and I was out for blood. This was especially true after they decided to annex my former lands of Picardy. I humiliated them, had them pay war reps, took Languedoc to cut them off from Southern Provence and Berry to create a landbridge to Northern Provence.
The rest of the session was shifting around diplomats to improve relations, find new allies as things happened, and prevent coalitions from forming due to AE, starting the integration of my first PU (Flanders), preparing Holland to be integrated soon after, and watching the beauty unfold to the East:

Also, for Stefan and FACE, since their countries were AI-controlled this session: Castile lost their PU over Aragon. Portugal and Aragon allied each other and declared upon Castile (or Castile declared on them, I didn't check).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Congratulations to Fanboi for flaming out with two countries in a row, and to Uzzy for flaming out with Brandenburg.

Will at least Morfeo survive his coalition war? Exciting times ahead!

Looks like Europe might become quite lonely after tonight's events. :p

I'm living on the edge, ming has -48 AE against me.

Improve relations with them immediately. As long as you are above a certain threshold of +relations, they won't attack you even if you have a gorillion AE.

Morfeo

Also, for Stefan and FACE, since their countries were AI-controlled this session: Castile lost their PU over Aragon. Portugal and Aragon allied each other and declared upon Castile (or Castile declared on them, I didn't check).

Aragon declared, Spain got England to join though.

Congratulations to Fanboi for flaming out with two countries in a row, and to Uzzy for flaming out with Brandenburg.

Will at least Morfeo survive his coalition war? Exciting times ahead!

Yeah, I am in complete control, just letting my enemies have some fun before I start peacing them out.

To be serious, I got fucked by Bohemia since they couldnt join the war for stupid gameplay-reasons beyond my understanding. Austria, Naples, Genoa, England and Switzerland all joined though, while Castille flamed out. I am in a bad, but not unsavable situation I think, but I need those allies to show up with numbers and not only with moral support!

Anyways, last time I conquered Cremona which created a coalition against me, this time, that coalition declared - and I managed to soundly defeat them, taking Switzerland as a vassal in the process. That of course sparked a new coalition-war, this time of even weaker HRE-minors, however, since none of my allies decided to fight this time, it made my situation more difficult. We will see how things will go next time, the sucky thing is that I wont be able to be here, so I need Kab or somebody else to step in. With AI control I have a feeling it will be the end of peaceful Savoy :(

Honestly it's your own fault for taking an HRE vassal - and one of the biggest possible ones to boot - in a coalition war. I have absolutely no sympathy for you, Morfeo. :p

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I would much rather play Hungary than Majapahit. What fanboi needed to do was to check the AE screen.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR Timurids:

It was supposed to be a quiet session for me. And it started like that with half of session trying to balance the income and catching up tech-wise. When suddenly everybody around me started going to war. Which opened a hell lot of opportunities for easy wars for me. First I took 4 provinces from Qara. And it looked like there will be quiet again when Koch (who became quite big by now) and Garhwal decided to go into a stupid war that quickly saw both of them nearly completely conquered. It was an opportunity that I couldn't miss so I declared on Koch. Meanwhile Guge decided to stop fooling around and in a moment of peace and sanity choose to be my vassal for the greater good of us both. I won over Garhwal pretty quick and took 1 province from them while offering them to become vassal too. An offer they couldn't refuse. Right before the end of the session I conquered all what was left of Koch (3 provinces which I intend to feed to Guge).

Provinces conquered: Ganja, Tabriz, Maragheh, Ilam, Garhwal, Shigatse (already fed to Guge), Lhasa, Nyingchi
New vassals: Guge, Garhwal
Tech level: Swahili

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised Russia hasn't started colonizing, I might even get all of siberia for myself.

Iirc they usually don't pick expansion before they've beaten Novgorod up. On the other hand they have ports

Hey, I am not on the verge of death!

The AI loves to pile up (see Uzzy). You can expect Florence to likely declare war on you during your coalition war or shortly after. And it'll also be difficult for you to recover your losses while you still have the massive AE.

Morfeo

The AI loves to pile up (see Uzzy). You can expect Florence to likely declare war on you during your coalition war or shortly after. And it'll also be difficult for you to recover your losses while you still have the massive AE.

Remember how long I hanged on as Venice last time though!

Remember how long I hanged on as Venice last time though!

A lot easier to recover as Venice than Savoy, especially since your current neighbour situation looks dire. You got me in the West, the HRE to the North (and I do imagine you learnt your lesson from tonight's game), Florence to the South and a really strong Venice to the East.
I'll wish you good luck but I have doubts about how far you can go before hitting a roadblock.

Morfeo

A lot easier to recover as Venice than Savoy, especially since your current neighbour situation looks dire. You got me in the West, the HRE to the North (and I do imagine you learnt your lesson from tonight's game), Florence to the South and a really strong Venice to the East.
I'll wish you good luck but I have doubts about how far you can go before hitting a roadblock.

Thanks for that luck at least :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So in case the 3 players who are on the verge of death were to drop out, would the game end, or would we continue on?

I'm not keen on quitting only 50 years in the game, but it depends on the mood of the remaining players I guess. It makes sense to wait for (stable build) Cossacks before starting a new round anyway.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Mamluks AAR:
I started the session by going to war with Venice and allies (France and The Knights) to secure my trade interests in the Eastern Mediterranean. I was just in time too, because right after I landed on Crete, Ottomans declared Venice as well (they had a mission on Crete - hah). Then I went to war to provide Iraq with all their QQ cores, and followed up with a war against Haasa and Hejaz, since Haasa had ran away with Basra and some other Iraqi stuff. As a bonus I provided Egypt with some Arabian stuff too from Hejaz, Mecca is finally safe, things are looking good so far for my turd 0 2 2 Sultana.

It was also nice to experience a session with no disconnects and minimum lag overall (the only one who made game drop to speed 1 was Red Arremer, and only once). Thank you based FACE.

So it was Roboleon I have to thank for pushing Venice out of the alliance with France. Thanks, Roboleon!
And personally I'd like to keep going to play.

If Florence hasn't eaten Rome by then.

AI generally avoids annexing the Pope unless they're ready to form Italy, which Florence is not close to.

the only one who made game drop to speed 1 was Red Arremer, and only once

Yeah sorry about that, my PC decided to hiccup there for a moment. It happens occasionally.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You should all drop out and start again post-Cossacks and then let me annex you.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I've seen catholic AI countries annex the Pope. They don't give a fuck.

Yeah, the main reason they don't is because the Papal States is the strongest Italian power and only kept in check by the fact they're not an HRE member. It's a question of ability not willingness.

Florence and Naples both easily could've taken Rome for the entirety of the last 2 sessions, but didn't. I always have seen the AI be hesitant about annexing an OPM Pope (this is not true if the Pope owns another province, which he doesn't in this game), unless they are about to form Italy or not Catholic.

Morfeo

Florence and Naples both easily could've taken Rome for the entirety of the last 2 sessions, but didn't. I always have seen the AI be hesitant about annexing an OPM Pope (this is not true if the Pope owns another province, which he doesn't in this game), unless they are about to form Italy or not Catholic.

Naples is allied to the pope though, and there is also the master meditator of peace in the north that keeps the Pope safe!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The horror when you feel real good about your exam then think it through and remember that you used the wrong mass to calculate concentration on the last question.

At least I'm not failing on eu4.

Kabouter

This thing sucks the most for KingSnake though I feel, because fanboi keeps self destructing before KS can get revenge for backstabbery.

Uzzy

Oh, I've seen catholic AI countries annex the Pope. They don't give a fuck.

I've seen Catholic AI Spain wage a near global war to annex the Papal States, fighting France and Austria in a massive bloodbath that killed hundreds of thousands, cost tens of thousands of ducats and sank several fleets, only for Spain to release the Pope afterwards.

Now that was impressive stuff.

CloudWolf

I've seen Catholic AI Spain wage a near global war to annex the Papal States, fighting France and Austria in a massive bloodbath that killed hundreds of thousands, cost tens of thousands of ducats and sank several fleets, only for Spain to release the Pope afterwards.

Now that was impressive stuff.

Dat Prestige for releasing the Pope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom