• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so sorry about missing this game. I was at a University Debate tournament without wifi and a very weak 2G connection. I should have checked this thread before flying, so I could have confirmed that I wouldn't be able to make it.

What format? BP?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You should've capitulated immediately if that was possible but I'm all for allowing Uzzy to pick something new as long as it doesn't conflict with anyone's plans.

Something in Asia maybe?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm really tempted to just call gg here. That's never happened before in any of my test games, but then again I've never vassalised the Papal States before.

Yeeeeah, people are generally annoyed if you vassalize the pope.

And Toma isnt quite okay if he was alone, but thankfully I have Robo/Poland helping me out. It really sucks I cant lend more to this alliance atm, since... I am unable to make any other allies.

Uzzy

You should've capitulated immediately if that was possible but I'm all for allowing Uzzy to pick something new as long as it doesn't conflict with anyone's plans.

Something in Asia maybe?

They wanted Brescia, Naxos and for me to release Crete, Dalmatia, Ragusa and end the vassalisation of the Papacy. Which would have been the end of me anyway.

CloudWolf

Something in Asia maybe?

Africa and South America are also pretty fun choices now
though they might be less fun once colonization starts

They wanted Brescia, Naxos and for me to release Crete, Dalmatia, Ragusa and end the vassalisation of the Papacy. Which would have been the end of me anyway.

Playing in Italy as a non-HRE state is like walking in a minefield.

Kabouter

I'm so sorry about missing this game. I was at a University Debate tournament without wifi and a very weak 2G connection. I should have checked this thread before flying, so I could have confirmed that I wouldn't be able to make it.

Japan grew by four provinces, you're good. It's fine.

AAR:
I took two provinces, adjacent to Ayutthaya's vassal and renamed them. Everybody hates me, people are either too far away to ally or they are hostile. Even the small vassal I made is hostile towards me. My army is about 1/3 of that of Ayutthaya and allies. Ming has embargoed me. Same 'ol same 'ol.

Hey, you never told me this before!

Unexpected. From Steam chat with fanboi just now:
steamchat34s34.png

smjanssen

The credit goes to Stefan over in Aragon for that turnaround. I was ready to bow out thanks to my spectacular fuck-up, but he came to my rescue like a knight in shining brown armour.

edit: To clarify what happened. I declared war for my core as Portugal's only ally was a busy England, mid war Portugal managed to ally, then a few months later call Castile into the war. I got a stack of pretender rebels spawn that I only just beat, whilst that was happening I wasn't able to intercept troops from landing, end for me. Until Castile white peaced, and Stefan came sailing in.

Thanks! Couldn't have Fitz as an ally, and then having him thrown from the game in session 1 :p

Uzzy

Playing in Italy as a non-HRE state is like walking in a minefield.

Yup. In my test games, I managed to figure out how to start well without drawing the coalition death star in, but that required an alliance with France, which I wasn't able to secure this time.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Unexpected. From Steam chat with fanboi just now:
steamchat34s34.png

LOL!

Anyways, my aar:

Participated in quite a few international operations to reinstate peace, prosperity and true rule by the people in troubled regions. Managed to reinstate the true rulers in Adana and Cyprus, and get some friendly and like-minded locals to take control in Ak Qoyunly, Karaman and Hedjaz. So I guess it was a pretty decent session all in all.

bjaelke

No OOS issues is a surprise with 15(?) players.

AAR
Gave a lending hand to Sweden in the war of independence. Might have been a poor decision given the expansion by Brandenburg just next to me. Only managed to get 3 provinces but they're all over the place.

The credit goes to Stefan over in Aragon for that turnaround. I was ready to bow out thanks to my spectacular fuck-up, but he came to my rescue like a knight in shining brown armour.

edit: To clarify what happened. I declared war for my core as Portugal's only ally was a busy England, mid war Portugal managed to ally, then a few months later call Castile into the war. I got a stack of pretender rebels spawn that I only just beat, whilst that was happening I wasn't able to intercept troops from landing, end for me. Until Castile white peaced, and Stefan came sailing in.

Oh, I thought I accidentally declared war on you... fuck. No more f1 while playing EU4, if I'm still alive next round.

Thanks! Couldn't have Fitz as an ally, and then having him thrown from the game in session 1 :p

He's fine, you can stop now.

FACE

Banned
Meanwhile I was losing and getting mad at teammates in Dota because I forgot :(

At least I'll be able to play on wednesday this week :)

Kabouter

France did okay, won the HYW against England (took three of their continental provinces), so no worries I guess?

Uzzy

Yes! You can save me! Ally with Venice and stomp those pesky Italians/Austrians.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Portugal was Roboleon? Has there already been hot player on player action? Also, I demand a map.

Morfeo

I thought Portugal was Roboleon? Has there already been hot player on player action? Also, I demand a map.

Portugal is Freakzilla. Roboleon is Poland.

Marocco (Fitz) vs Portugal (Freakzille). Aragon (SMJansen) joined against Portugal.

Edit: I also want a map. But please not the stupid gif that keeps crashing my Chrome.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Portugal is Freakzilla. Roboleon is Poland.

Marocco (Fitz) vs Portugal (Freakzille). Aragon (SMJansen) joined against Portugal.

Edit: I also want a map. But please not the stupid gif that keeps crashing my Chrome.

I think the general rule of thumb for our community should be "Never Poland or Venice". Being dicked on is their no.1 hobby.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I also joined Scotland in a war with England and we destroyed them.

*cough*

AAR: Unfortunately I arrived very late at home so I missed the start and a good part of the session. So all my initial plans kind of fell apart. Luckily the AI did reasonably well, beside the alliance with AI Bavaria and having no fleet at all. As things were quite boring in the continental Europe, I decided to send some of my best troops in holiday on Scottish riviera. By coincidence a war with England started quite at the same time and they decided they want to go to that party. It ended very well with Calais returning to the rightful owner. Now the holiday continues in Ireland, my troops drinking with some Irish rebels there.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Do sorties not get a terrain penalty? I timed it so that my main army joined up with a sortie after a few days against a small Timurid stack, yet I didn't see any negative terrain modifiers in the battle screen. That seems like it could be easily exploited.

Valhelm

contribute something
What format? BP?

Actually, yes. My university traditionally does Policy Debate and Policy Debate only, but our coach convinced the team director to let us go to a BP tournament up in Burlington, Vermont. It was pretty fun, and I certainly learned a lot.

I hadn't participated in a full Worlds round until yesterday, because we never had enough time during practice. I'm excited to potentially go to other BP tournaments in the future.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Poland AAR
11/11/1444 - 01/11/1457

Summary:

Got the Personal Union with Lithuania in place, and moved against the Orders who were already in shambles after Brandenburg D1 them with Austria. Ended up vassalising them, since Jazz (Brandenburg) had already run away with the sirloin steak that is Gdansk. AI Hungary was allied to TO as well, so it felt natural to seize the opportunity to give the oppressed Transylvanians their long wished for freedom as a Polish Vassal. I also had to fight a war against Muscovy to defend my good friend and ally Novgorod, and now we're up against them on round 2 already. I integrated Mazovia and became Papal Controller by sheer luck (5 papal points spent). Finally I annexed Haly's format for AAR write-ups.

Vassals gained: Transylvania and Teutonic Order.

fanboi

Banned
Scotland AAR
11/11/1444 - 01/11/1457

So after the inital grab of Ireland, where one province became Vassal (Munster?) I prepared for an attack on England.

After much negotiating with Burgundy, he sent over 18 000 able men to help me out, he wanted Calais in return. Sweden... well they just wanted the blood.

During this attack, Ireland decided that they wanted to become independent so around 30 000 green leprechons decided to plop up and started seiging my provinces.

After some inital attacks England was left with a 10 000 stack which the placed in Ireland and good guy England even tried helping me take back the provinces from the leprechons, which ended in English blood.

Anyhow, 99% warscore later I took the four top provinces, asked for 10% in war preperation.
And just when we peaced out, 40 000 Lolltards decided to attack them, not my problem.

Oh, and it seems Castille and France both hate the Englishmen since they together send me around 8 ductas per month for my future rule of Brittish Islands.

fanboi

Banned
Do sorties not get a terrain penalty? I timed it so that my main army joined up with a sortie after a few days against a small Timurid stack, yet I didn't see any negative terrain modifiers in the battle screen. That seems like it could be easily exploited.

Isn't it a % chance? Like, 30% Mountains, 30% plains etc?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
During this attack, Ireland decided that they wanted to become independent so around 30 000 green leprechons decided to plop up and started seiging my provinces.

After some inital attacks England was left with a 10 000 stack which the placed in Ireland and good guy England even tried helping me take back the provinces from the leprechons, which ended in English blood.

The English hate of the Irish is real.

I'm really tempted to just call gg here. That's never happened before in any of my test games, but then again I've never vassalised the Papal States before.

What did you do exactly? What led to the grand coalition war, and who was the aggressor?

Morfeo

What did you do exactly? What led to the grand coalition war, and who was the aggressor?

He can probably answer himself, but I think he started two wars in Italy which included vassalizing the Pope (which every catholic nation will hate), and one war against Hungary to seize some land when you had wiped their armies.

Uzzy

Right, exact order.

I annexed Ragusa, then took over Romagna and vassalized the Papal States, as well as releasing Avignon. That's when the coalition started building, but I was ready for that as it had happened in all my test games, and as long as Austria didn't join in, I was alright. Normally in my test games I just took Romagna and didn't vassalize the Papal States, so that was my first mistake. I then annexed my vassal Corfu. Finally, once I saw that Hungary's player had dropped out and Poland was crushing them, I decided to take over Lika and unite my provinces on the Adriatic a bit better. That's when Austria joined the coalition, and a few months later the coalition DOW'd me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom