• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I got the expansion and I'm struggling with one thing. How the hell do I start a war in support of rebels?

I can't find the criteria anywhere on the net.

The rebels must reach a certain percentage of their Unrest progress before you can DoW in support. I think it was 40 or 50%.
At least that's what I remember hearing, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have AoW yet so I can't confirm.

bjaelke

RaBxVYg.gif
bjaelke
i2VUs1d.gif

Fitz

Rule talk:

1. Minor quibble, but I think this rule is redundant now, there's no option to allow the war leader to negotiation for you or not any more.
2. I agree with rule 2 in that having a top limit of 80/90% should be the same as fulfilling the war goal, a percentage which we should decide on exactly if people agree, so that there's 0 in-game confusion.
4. 1600 is long enough for the sunset clause I think.
8. I still think PvP wars should have the same pause rules as any other, once at the start and end only.

Rest look good.

Kabouter

Rule talk:

1. Minor quibble, but I think this rule is redundant now, there's no option to allow the war leader to negotiation for you or not any more.
2. I agree with rule 2 in that having a top limit of 80/90% should be the same as fulfilling the war goal, a percentage which we should decide on exactly if people agree, so that there's 0 in-game confusion.
4. 1600 is long enough for the sunset clause I think.
8. I still think PvP wars should have the same pause rules as any other, once at the start and end only.

Rest look good.

I agree, I've edited the rules.

Also, since my two practice games as Malacca have resulted in literally being annexed by Ayutthaya, does anyone have a subject ready for me to play? :+

Fitz

I suppose I'll have a colonial nation or 6 at some point, you really want to play a subject again though?

fanboi

Banned
I agree, I've edited the rules.

Also, since my two practice games as Malacca have resulted in literally being annexed by Ayutthaya, does anyone have a subject ready for me to play? :+

See... bloody anarchist 'I edited the OP'

DOWN WITH ANARCHY

Kabouter

I suppose I'll have a colonial nation or 6 at some point, you really want to play a subject again though?

I need to host, and Paradox won't let me use observe mode, so if I get annexed, I don't have any other choice since regular nation switching ain't allowed.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I'm a peasant who has been playing Europa Universalis III all this time, but I'm thinking about finally giving IV a try, and now notice the game is on sale on Steam. So I was wondering should I buy the Collection, for 23 euros, or the Extreme edition, for 11? Obviously the collection seems to have a lot more material, so I will probably go with that, but the Extreme edition seems to have some stuff not listed with the collection, like the Star and Crescent pack.

edit: it would seem i was mistaken the collection indeed does contain Star and Crescent. I guess I will go with that then. I have no idea what any of these DLCs are, though, but more the merrier.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A lot of the "packs" are just visual/acoustic upgrades. The things you really want are:

EUIV
Conquest of Paradise
Wealth of Nations
Res Publica
Art of War

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Thanks, I gathered as much from reading the Wiki. The collection had all of those except Art of War, which is understandable since that was just released, so I bought that one.

fanboi

Banned
So, everyone, PM and inform all players that we start tonight so they dont miss it (I am thinking of the more inactive thread players, ZZmitch, Valhelm etc).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, I gathered as much from reading the Wiki. The collection had all of those except Art of War, which is understandable since that was just released, so I bought that one.

Sword and Crescent is also highly advised if you plan to play an Islamic nations. If you want to play Byzantine, Purple Phoenix is a good addition but non-essential. Basically, if you look at the DLC listed on the first page that we are playing with, that's the stuff you want.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
When was todays start time?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Sword and Crescent is also highly advised if you plan to play an Islamic nations. If you want to play Byzantine, Purple Phoenix is a good addition but non-essential. Basically, if you look at the DLC listed on the first page that we are playing with, that's the stuff you want.

Thanks. The collection included both Star and Crescent and Purple Phoenix, so I guess I'm just missing Art of War now.

Kabouter

There are a few new multiplayer glitches; hopefully we don't experience any of those.

Yeah, I played for a few hours with a friend this afternoon, I figure in 2-3 hours we got at least six desyncs. So there is that.

Edit:
Maybe we should use the beta hotfix?
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?811958-1.8-BETA-Hotfix-Checksum-f62e
This is a beta hotfix for 1.8.0 that primarily addresses Multiplayer stability and performance loss from compressed saves.

To use this hotfix, go into your steam library, right click Europa Universalis IV, click the 'BETAS' tab and select the 1.8.0-hotfix-beta option from the drop down box. If you can't see this beta option, try restarting Steam.

This is a BETA, so you use it at your own risk!

Changelog:
- Fixed a multiplayer crash caused by host and players differing in whether Art of War was enabled.
- Patriots will no longer spawn in nations that would be friendly to them.
- Marches can no longer pick rivals or be rivaled.
- Compressed autosaves is now turned off by default.
- Modding: fixed bug where supported_version wasn't saved when uploading a mod to the steam workshop.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
All the other EU4 MP communities I know say using the latest beta patch is close to compulsory for a stable session, so I'd strongly advise it as I trust them on that one. can't just rely on the host to do it, though, everyone needs to update.

Kabouter

All the other EU4 MP communities I know say using the latest beta patch is close to compulsory for a stable session, so I'd strongly advise it as I trust them on that one. can't just rely on the host to do it, though, everyone needs to update.

Well that settles it, beta patch it is for tonight.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's only a measly 12 MB hotfix

Someone will forget, they'll try doing it, the Law of Paradox will mean that everything crashes as a result, hotjoining will be broken, and attempting to use backspace will put you in a personal union under France.

Kabouter

Someone will forget, they'll try doing it, the Law of Paradox will mean that everything crashes as a result, hotjoining will be broken, and attempting to use backspace will put you in a personal union under France.

Hotjoining won't be enabled because there's no way Paradox has fixed hotjoining. I think the odds of Jesus returning in the next few years are greater than Paradox fixing hotjoining within the same period.

Haly

Paradox getting their network infrastructure working is probably one of the signs of the Apocalypse and the coming of the Rapture.

Uzzy

Right, I've downloaded the hotfix. But because I'm a complete idiot and messed up the times in my head (I thought the game was starting at 22:00 GMT), I might not be able to make today's session. I'm hoping I can, but it's unclear atm.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is it the 1.8 hotfix beta?

yup.

Regardless, good luck all! I shall watch the Eastern European clusterfuck with great interest. I'd enjoy it if people maybe posted AARs, it's always fun to see what people got up to.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hotjoining won't be enabled because there's no way Paradox has fixed hotjoining. I think the odds of Jesus returning in the next few years are greater than Paradox fixing hotjoining within the same period.

I'm with you on this.

I'll blame all of you if Jesus actually returns. Our seas will be filled with red wine if that guy sleepwalks into the ocean.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
downloading hotfix 1.8

I could need a hotfix myself, actually. Soooo hung over from a colleague's birthday party yesterday.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'm so sorry about missing this game. I was at a University Debate tournament without wifi and a very weak 2G connection. I should have checked this thread before flying, so I could have confirmed that I wouldn't be able to make it.

Haly

Bavaria AAR
11/11/1444 - 01/11/1457

Summary:
chansub-global-emoticon-1ddcc54d77fc4a61-28x28.png

Rocky start, cause I missed the first few years and the AI made some really stupid alliances/marriages.

War with Wurzburg, Ulm and Trier. The new co-belligerent system is really confusing but will probably work out in my favor in the long run.

Vassals Gained: Wurzburg (Wurzburg, Bamberg)

------------------------------------

I like how Fitz has already conquered Portugal.
iR0H8M3QeIbqz.png

Toma

Starting as Novgorod, noticing that every single country in europe has a -1000 modifier against you because you are Novgorod.
114.gif

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
------------------------------------

iR0H8M3QeIbqz.png

That rating doesnt make itself!

Anyways, i had a decent session as the mameluks, although I fear the ottoman war is coming closer. But its nice to be back!

Fitz

The credit goes to Stefan over in Aragon for that turnaround. I was ready to bow out thanks to my spectacular fuck-up, but he came to my rescue like a knight in shining brown armour.

edit: To clarify what happened. I declared war for my core as Portugal's only ally was a busy England, mid war Portugal managed to ally, then a few months later call Castile into the war. I got a stack of pretender rebels spawn that I only just beat, whilst that was happening I wasn't able to intercept troops from landing, end for me. Until Castile white peaced, and Stefan came sailing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom