• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In unrelated news, I have a job offer. Apparently, people think I have the potential to be a productive individual. This amazes me. I'm not going to lie, I can write a sick essay, but I doubt they'd sell for much more than a tenner each.

EDIT: also company car motherfuckers I get dem wheels all up in this joint

Kabouter

In unrelated news, I have a job offer. Apparently, people think I have the potential to be a productive individual. This amazes me. I'm not going to lie, I can write a sick essay, but I doubt they'd sell for much more than a tenner each.

No company laptop?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

What have you been studying exactly?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What have you been studying exactly?

Economics, at the moment, mostly. I want to do a further Masters in IR at some point, but I've realised that I need money to do that.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Economics, at the moment, mostly. I want to do a further Masters in IR at some point, but I've realised that I need money to do that.

Sounds like a solid combination. Still in UK or abroad? I hear the program at LSE is highly acknowledged

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like a solid combination. Still in UK or abroad? I hear the program at LSE is highly acknowledged

Still in UK, yeah, and I was exactly aiming at LSE for those reasons. I wouldn't have minded staying at Oxford, but a lot of the key professors in the IR department all happen to have left at roughly the same time, and also bit worried about being 'institutionalized' in the sense of getting stuck in a rut by staying at the same place.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think everyone should update on what country they will actually be playing on the spreadsheet, no later than tomorrow.

Perhaps some people will need to talk, and it's a bit unfair leaving them hanging in suspense until the last possible notice.

fanboi

Banned
Also in unrelated news, I will end my current assignment, which caused this whole train debacle, this week.

Finally I don't need to travel 7 hours per day for work.

Kabouter

I think everyone should update on what country they will actually be playing on the spreadsheet, no later than tomorrow.

Perhaps some people will need to talk, and it's a bit unfair leaving them hanging in suspense until the last possible notice.

I updated ages ago.

CloudWolf

And here I am, writing an essay that's due tomorrow instead of playing around with AoW ;_;

I did start up the game with AoW (and all flavour DLC) enabled and oh my, that hard rock/metal remake of the theme song is weird as hell.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
oh wow, Moldavia is now initially a March under Poland. :/

Fitz

Morocco it is, maybe a good choice, maybe not. But the new Africa is clearly where the parties are, and I want a piece.

Oh yeah, the new Africa is crazy haha. I'm probably going to play a game there or perhaps start in Southern Arabia and go over the Horn of Africa. I think going into an early colonization game as one of the Muslim powers always has been a fun idea, so I think I'll try doing that.

I like your gaf-name!

Thank you! Yours is the Spanish version of Morpheus, no? I like that as well. ;)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Thank you! Yours is the Spanish version of Morpheus, no? I like that as well. ;)

The name comes from that yeah, but my nick is actually taken after a lazy italian football player called Domenico Morfeo.

Btw, I actually just completed Red Arremers second game just this month. Really great! Thinking about doing the third soon as well :)

The name comes from that yeah, but my nick is actually taken after a lazy italian football player called Domenico Morfeo.

Btw, I actually just completed Red Arremers second game just this month. Really great! Thinking about doing the third soon as well :)

A lazy Italian named after the god of sleep? How fitting. :D
And please do! Demon's Crest is the best of the trilogy!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So Kazan does officially suck now; the ability for lieges to leverage vassal CBs means that it's Kazan that gets D1'd by Muscowy, not Novgorod - I'd actually rather be Crimea, all things considered, at least they have time to run into Circassia and so on. On the other hand, the Golden Horde are now much, much better thanks to the fact they have more land and more provinces and all their neighbours now have less land and less provinces. By 1450, you can have consolidated all of the Caucasus and Crimea without even putting in that much effort, and expanding to Ryazan is trivially easy. This plus their actually quite good starting base tax makes them more than a match for Muscowy and means they can Westernize pretty easy after, too.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to play - the laptop I'm borrowing struggles to maintain speed 1, so that's me done. I'd be interested to see what happens if someone picks the Golden Horde regardless, but I think I'll just be watching with interest as opposed to participating.

Kabouter

So Kazan does officially suck now; the ability for lieges to leverage vassal CBs means that it's Kazan that gets D1'd by Muscowy, not Novgorod - I'd actually rather be Crimea, all things considered, at least they have time to run into Circassia and so on. On the other hand, the Golden Horde are now much, much better thanks to the fact they have more land and more provinces and all their neighbours now have less land and less provinces. By 1450, you can have consolidated all of the Caucasus and Crimea without even putting in that much effort, and expanding to Ryazan is trivially easy. This plus their actually quite good starting base tax makes them more than a match for Muscowy and means they can Westernize pretty easy after, too.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to play - the laptop I'm borrowing struggles to maintain speed 1, so that's me done. I'd be interested to see what happens if someone picks the Golden Horde regardless, but I think I'll just be watching with interest as opposed to participating.

Sorry to hear that crab :(
Hope you'll be able to participate in a future game again.

CloudWolf

Ah that sucks Crab :(.

Anyway, my paper is finally finished, so today I can play a bit of AoW before we start this Sunday. As far as I know Sweden hasn't had much of a change, so that's cool.

Morfeo

A lazy Italian named after the god of sleep? How fitting. :D
And please do! Demon's Crest is the best of the trilogy!

Yeah, it looks really awesome for sure. Ive always heard it would have been the best, had it been less cryptic? That quite a few things basically require you to use a faq - and that the slowdown is terrible, thus making the second game the best overall. The first game is probably the most impressive though - amazing game considering the system its on and all the garbage most publishers put out on it at the time.

This sucks Crab. Hope to have you back in the game soon!

Yeah, it looks really awesome for sure. Ive always heard it would have been the best, had it been less cryptic? That quite a few things basically require you to use a faq - and that the slowdown is terrible, thus making the second game the best overall. The first game is probably the most impressive though - amazing game considering the system its on and all the garbage most publishers put out on it at the time.

It never was cryptic. The thing is, it allows you to access the final boss area after completing about a third of the game, and then gives you the bad ending, and a lot of people thought that was it. It never outright points with a huge finger at the fact you unlocked new areas, either, but the fact you don't beat the game by just going to the final boss at the first opportunity is pretty much shown in the intro (it tells you about the crests after all).
I don't think that Gargoyle's Quest 1 or 2 are better than Demon's Crest, either, or that the game "slows down" - you just revisit areas you already have been to with new powerups, so it's like a Metroidvania.

And yeah, NES Gargoyle's Quest is pretty fantastic. :)
It's just a port of the Game Boy game tho! :p

Morfeo

It never was cryptic. The thing is, it allows you to access the final boss area after completing about a third of the game, and then gives you the bad ending, and a lot of people thought that was it. It never outright points with a huge finger at the fact you unlocked new areas, either, but the fact you don't beat the game by just going to the final boss at the first opportunity is pretty much shown in the intro (it tells you about the crests after all).
I don't think that Gargoyle's Quest 1 or 2 are better than Demon's Crest, either, or that the game "slows down" - you just revisit areas you already have been to with new powerups, so it's like a Metroidvania.

And yeah, NES Gargoyle's Quest is pretty fantastic. :)
It's just a port of the Game Boy game tho! :p

This is really off-topic, but actually, its not just a port. The Nes game is a sequel and its pretty different from the original. However, it was actually ported to the Game Boy (but only released in Japan). Anyways, I am sure you are right about Demons Crest since I havent played it myself, but what I meant with slowdown wasnt that you had to backtrack metroidvania-style, but that the game slows down in certain areas because the Snes-hardware cant keep up with all the stuff going on at the screen at once. Anyways, will soon play it myself to see :)

Morfeo

Btw, just saw through the various new provinces that has been added, and I almost feel we should re-rank some countries where the changes have been the biggest, which is all over asia and africa basically.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Btw, just saw through the various new provinces that has been added, and I almost feel we should re-rank some countries where the changes have been the biggest, which is all over asia and africa basically.

Asia doesn't really need touching. The technological inferiority means they're still fundamentally a long way behind anything Muslim tech and above.

CloudWolf

I'm not sure if this is because of AoW or the patch or just the randomness in EU4, but in the new game I've started Muscovy is getting absolutely ruined. Even though I was badly beating up Novgorod as Sweden, Muscovy still managed to lose three provinces to Novgorod and now they're getting torn apart by Kazan, Golden Horde and Perm.

It's been an interesting game.

Kabouter

I'm not sure if this is because of AoW or the patch or just the randomness in EU4, but in the new game I've started Muscovy is getting absolutely ruined. Even though I was badly beating up Novgorod as Sweden, Muscovy still managed to lose three provinces to Novgorod and now they're getting torn apart by Kazan, Golden Horde and Perm.

Yeah, Muscovy's success definitely isn't a sure thing anymore. I saw Golden Horde tear into them several times with Ottoman aid.

Asia doesn't really need touching. The technological inferiority means they're still fundamentally a long way behind anything Muslim tech and above.

Yup, that's just it, they didn't un-fuck westernization, so there's just more there for Euros to take.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Being a level 5 Asian nation still means jack in the face of Europe.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation

Today I saw Muscovy fight succession wars against Lithuania and then Poland-Lithuania for PUs over two Russian minors. That slowed them down by a few decades, but they're still in the middle of wrecking Novgorod.

fanboi

Banned
I will pull myself togehter and update the OP tonight with who plays who and rules.

Regarding rules, anyone have a complete list?

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I will pull myself togehter and update the OP tonight with who plays who and rules.

Regarding rules, anyone have a complete list?
You can probably use the previous list as a template and just update the wording. I don't think we ever agreed on that protectorate rule though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So many likeminded people in that poll.

OK, so I got the expansion and I'm struggling with one thing. How the hell do I start a war in support of rebels?

I can't find the criteria anywhere on the net.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't worry Kab, I'll blaze a path through Asia to liberate you asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom