• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
50ppp 4 lyfe.

The lord has delivered me from evil.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
ban him kab

ban him

also a reminder for Valhelm that he hasn't sent his player rankings in, only his country rankings

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Well

100ppp redeemed I guess

Edit: lol.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
amazing

and lo the mighty land of the free has brought down the turk

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Fanboi
Banned for his Europa Universalis IV mp-thread exploits

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hi all,

If it's okay with you guys I'd like to join your next MP game. Got here through my friend Kabouter.

Cheers

Anything Kabouter is a welcome Gelre player! So... welcome! ;p

Kabouter

Good thing we waited for Valhelm, his ratings made a huge impact on player ratings, final scores rounded off to two decimals:
Fitz: 4.54
mgoblue201: 4.46
crab: 4.31
Toma: 4.31 (identical to crab, so you guys can fight out the picking order there :+)
haly: 3.92
fanboi: 3.69
me: 3.69 (you can pick before me if you want fanboi)
Morfeo: 3.35
ZZMitch: 2.96
Cloudwolf: 2.83
KingSnake: 2.61
Roboleon: 2.5
Mleugi: 2.5
Valhelm: 2.23
FACE: 1.79

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Spreadsheet should prob be locked for ed now

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Choosing order is now:

1. FACE
2. Valhelm
3. Roboleon
4. KingSnake
5. Cloudwolf
6. ZZMitch
7. Any new players
8. Morfeo
9. fanboi, Kabouter
10. haly
11. crab, toma
12. mgoblue201
13. Fitz

Nations a given player is banned from choosing are:

FACE: n/a
Valhelm: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France
Roboleon, King Snake: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France, England, Austria
Cloudwolf: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France, England, Austria, Burgundy, Denmark
ZZMitch, any new players: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France, England, Austria, Burgundy, Denmark, Poland
Morfeo: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France, England, Austria, Burgundy, Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Aragon
fanboi, kabouter: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France, England, Austria, Burgundy, Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Aragon, the Mamluks, Lithuania, Portugal, Brandenburg, Venice
haly: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France, England, Austria, Burgundy, Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Aragon, the Mamluks, Lithuania, Portugal, Brandenburg, Venice, Hungary, Timurids, Bohemia
crab, toma, mgoblue: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France, England, Austria, Burgundy, Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Aragon, the Mamluks, Lithuania, Portugal, Brandenburg, Venice, Hungary, Timurids, Bohemia, the Hansa, Milan, Teutonic Order, Savoy
fitz: Castile, Muscowy, Ottomans, France, England, Austria, Burgundy, Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Aragon, the Mamluks, Lithuania, Portugal, Brandenburg, Venice, Hungary, Timurids, Bohemia, the Hansa, Milan, Teutonic Order, Savoy, Naples, Tuscany

It is recommended but not compulsory you pick from the stronger nations available to you, given these tiers are designed to have a balanced mid-game available to all the players that do so. ZZMitch and above can start picking now, anyone after should wait for sign-ups to be complete. If you have anyone new, encourage them to come along and play! :)

Haly

That's a bit harsh on Fitz... Not even Tuscany?

Kabouter

That's a bit harsh on Fitz... Not even Tuscany?

There's still tons of nations left though, and certainly not all are weak. And it's not like Tuscany is some sad little nation, they have a good amount of base tax and solid ideas.

Haly

Regardless of how good Fitz is, I don't really expect him to overwhelm all of us on a nation like Tuscany, which was the whole point of this exercise. At least, that's what I thought it was.

For example, according to this I would be banned from Venice. But people around for game two remember what my Venice was like. I did well... for Venice, but I was still at the mercy of my neighbors. Not once did I ever actually hold an advantage over anyone else in the game. And Tuscany is not even Venice.

I guess I'm just worried if Fitz would even care to play a game where he's hamstrung like this but that's up to him in the end.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Regardless of how good Fitz is, I don't really expect him to overwhelm all of us on a nation like Tuscany, which was the whole point of this exercise, so that people weren't overwhelmed by more experienced players playing strong nations.

You can form Italy with Tuscany by 1600, and Fitz with Italy definitely would be whaling on us. :p Did you see my income last session?

Haly

You can form Italy with Tuscany by 1600

Well we ended the session on 1562. Let's say Fitz did form Tuscany by 1600, do you really think he could've done anything of note by that point?

Granted, the early conclusion was affected by the seasoned players so I guess there's some merit to these bannings. I'm guessing the assumption here is that the players with more freedom in nation choices are also the ones less likely to be aggressive in PVP, which will lead to a longer and more stable game rather than one that is over within a single war.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well we ended the session on 1562. Let's say Fitz did form Tuscany by 1600, do you really think he could've done anything of note by that point?

Granted, the early conclusion was affected by the stronger players so I guess there's some merit to these bannings.

That's sort of the point, though - the session ended in 1562, which is super early, because by and large we gave the best players the best nations, and so it became clear who the 'winners' were extremely early, ending the game before minors even had a chance to develop. Fitz, our best player, was allowed the nation we as a community thought is the equal best in the game. mgo, our second best, was allowed the 8th, toma and I at joint third, the 12th and 13th nations. You were actually given exactly the 'right' nation - the Hansa is the most powerful nation your ranking allows right now, according to the list. So, if we've got the rankings right, Fitz ought to be able to do as well with Bavaria as you did with you the Hansa, which seems pretty fair - you did really well, in a session that didn't end so early you'd have been a key power for sure.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Granted, the early conclusion was affected by the seasoned players so I guess there's some merit to these bannings. I'm guessing the assumption here is that the players with more freedom in nation choices are also the ones less likely to be aggressive in PVP, which will lead to a longer and more stable game rather than one that is over within a single war.

Yeah, I agree with Crab. I think the ranking system we have now works decently well, and if you dominate others in a session, its only natural that you get a very high rating in the next one. We'll stick with it for now and if it doesnt work, we can always scratch it again afterwards :)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's quite a difficult choice. I will have probably to chose between Burgundy, Denmark, Poland, Aragon and Sweden, depending on the others.

Fitz

What have I done. This'll be a fun decision, considered picking a Native American nation, but playing on 2/3 speed, even with the changes to natives is just terrible.

Kabouter

What have I done. This'll be a fun decision, considered picking a Native American nation, but playing on 2/3 speed, even with the changes to natives is just terrible.

Pick Songhai, it's actually really fun if you manage to survive and westernize :p. And unlike its neighbours, doesn't have to reform government.

Fitz

Pick Songhai, it's actually really fun if you manage to survive and westernize :p. And unlike its neighbours, doesn't have to reform government.

Have hardly touched the Sub-Saharan nations in EU4, look like they'll be a lot better to play post Art of War (like most nations), really want to avoid having to westernise atm too. :(

Jazzerman

Neo Member
Hello! Welcome to our community. Don't trust toma and play far away from fitz and mgo and you'll be juuuuust fine. :3

I know of this fitz, he taught me the ropes and laughed as I slipped down into the cleverly placed pit of spikes.

Kabouter

Have hardly touched the Sub-Saharan nations in EU4, look like they'll be a lot better to play post Art of War (like most nations), really want to avoid having to westernise atm too. :(

Fair enough. Well, there's still plenty in better tech regions of course.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I know of this fitz, he taught me the ropes and laughed as I slipped down into the cleverly placed pit of spikes.

fitz trained you? Welp, we'll have to ban you from any and all good nations as a precaution then. There is no other way.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation

Italy can be formed by Tuscany and reach great power status within 70 or 80 years. That's enough time to do something of note in the early game. For the record, I wouldn't have a problem if Fitz wanted to play Tuscany. The worst part about this for him is that he's going to pick last. I expect that someone will choose an Italian nation long before it's his turn.
Haha what happened?
Paradox developers tried to start a CK2 multiplayer game and instead they've spent the last few weeks fixing errors.

fanboi

Banned
Italy can be formed by Tuscany and reach great power status within 70 or 80 years. That's enough time to do something of note in the early game. For the record, I wouldn't have a problem if Fitz wanted to play Tuscany. The worst part about this for him is that he's going to pick last. I expect that someone will choose an Italian nation long before it's his turn.

Paradox developers tried to start a CK2 multiplayer game and instead they've spent the last few weeks fixing errors.

Haha for real? That is awesome.

Hopefully they implement EU4 (or even better a normal MP :p)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I am really surprised and dissatisfied with my ranking after my terrible game - not even Sweden? :(

El Topo

Sorry if this question is not directly related to the multiplayer match, but what DLC would you recommend (or consider must have)?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
wealth of nations
res publica
conquest of paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom