• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
Also since the Ottoman empire is no more, classified information was uncovered who reveals the plans before the war against Aragon:

CUmOjlp.gif

Fuck you Colkate

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, I love the smell of a freshly released Byzantium in the morning.

Fitz

Also since the Ottoman empire is no more, classified information was uncovered who reveals the plans before the war against Aragon:

http://i.imgur.com/CUmOjlp.gif[IMG]

[spoiler]Fuck you Colkate[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Your fascist propaganda is fooling nobody.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
oh god, I got the fitz padawan as my western neighboor :O I had a good run

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
fuaaark, Kazan is harder than I remember. I could probably beat Muscovy in a D1 war with pausing, but without it it's just too hard to co-ordinate troops with the pinpoint precision you need, and your ruler only has 2 MIL so he turns into a shitty general whereas we're using lucky so Muscovy is usually led by ubermensch. Instead, you have a war choice of Nogai, the Golden Horde, or the Uzbeks, but they end up in a crazy interwoven alliance mesh that you can't do much about. Currently experimenting with which is easiest.

EDIT: eh, you can't really D1 anyone because the odds the another will also DoW are too high and all the local powers are pretty even matched. Unfortunate, but looks like the best tactic is vulturing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I've bought Victoria 2...

I have no idea what I'm doing.

My man. I'm playing Smash3ds when I'm not preparing my trial lecture for thursday

I do hope to play through the first year or two with poland before we start though

CloudWolf

What nation are you playing?
I tried playing as Prussia. Declared war on Bavaria and got killed by the Austrians. I think I might need to read that AAR posted by Colkate.

I thought: Hey, I've gotten pretty good at CK2 and EUIV, Vicky can't be too bad. I thought wrong.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I am trying out the Mameluks, and it seems pretty easy so far. Guess the Ottos eventually will come after me and make me regret that though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would rather play Granada with Crab on Castille than Bavaria.

This is what hell is like.

Haly

If that were the case, I could at least wait for Fitz to die of boredom and then take those delicious Incan lands.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I would rather play Granada with Crab on Castille than Bavaria.

This is what hell is like.

What's so bad about Bavaria?

Also, I'm sort of worried about the opening few months. I've developed a pretty good start strategy, but it's inconsistent - about 1 game in 10 Uzbek starts as a rival of Kazan, which ruins it, and in a very small number of games (happened once), the Timurids send an alliance offer to the Golden Horde, giving the Golden Horde the spare diplomat to call them to war before I can ally the Timurids and prevent this. All in all, I reckon about 8 games in 10 I can pull it off, but you don't know whether you have the 8 or the 2 until you've already committed and if you get the wrong one, the Timurids, Uzbek and the Golden Horde take turns slowly beating your head in and playing find the soap in your shower.

Uzzy

Well, Venice is going alright. At least until the remaining Italian states form a coalition against me, along with Aragon and Austria.

Austria must die.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
There are so many things that can go wrong with Kazan's start.

ZZMitch

You all are so cute testing your nations! I got no free time to test. First try is always the best try anyway. Its like in golf, whenever I take practice swings the ball sails into the woods or I miss completely. If I just go up and swing the thing then it usually works out better.

Morfeo

Yeah, Im done testing now. There is Adventure of Lolo to be played. (Also seriously, fuck those otto-generals!)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Practicing EU4 is pretty useless anyway, because a lot of stuff is decided by semi-randomness.

After the first ~10 years it's usually diverged too much to be useful, sure, but the first ~10 years is pretty important for some nations!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We should invite DDRJake for the next game. That would be fun.

If I remember rightly, he lost his last MP game - but then again, he was playing the Livonian Order against a bunch of other pros.

Haly

When I look at DDRJake's stream, it seems like he's using a different set of fonts than my client, and some of the layout, like the merchants/colonists/diplomats/missionaries is different too.

What's up with that?

Fitz

When I look at DDRJake's stream, it seems like he's using a different set of fonts than my client, and some of the layout, like the merchants/colonists/diplomats/missionaries is different too.

What's up with that?

He's using the BiggerBetter UI mod it seems.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Practicing EU4 is pretty useless anyway, because a lot of stuff is decided by semi-randomness.
It's probably useless if you're trying to follow a predetermined strategy. The one thing it's good for, though, is to figure out the starting position of your country, especially if you've never played as that nation before. Some nations are in a vulnerable position at the start; others can afford to be really aggressive. It's good to have that information before the first multiplayer game.

Kabouter

It's probably useless if you're trying to follow a predetermined strategy. The one thing it's good for, though, is to figure out the starting position of your country, especially if you've never played as that nation before. Some nations are in a vulnerable position at the start; others can be afford to be really aggressive. It's good to have that information before the first multiplayer game.

Meh, I'll work it out as I go :p.

Morfeo

It's probably useless if you're trying to follow a predetermined strategy. The one thing it's good for, though, is to figure out the starting position of your country, especially if you've never played as that nation before. Some nations are in a vulnerable position at the start; others can be afford to be really aggressive. It's good to have that information before the first multiplayer game.

Definitely agree with this, and its why I have started two times now with the mameluks. Where should I bring peace first and at what speed?

Haly

I hope you can bring swift peace to all of us, Morfeo.

CloudWolf

It's probably useless if you're trying to follow a predetermined strategy. The one thing it's good for, though, is to figure out the starting position of your country, especially if you've never played as that nation before. Some nations are in a vulnerable position at the start; others can afford to be really aggressive. It's good to have that information before the first multiplayer game.

Sure, that's true. This is one of the few games where you actually learn more by restarting over and over again, because then you can figure out (almost) every possible opening. For instance, if Denmark allies Lithuania, I need to take different allies in my independence war than if they ally Austria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom