• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So it's a race for Muscowy between Kazan, Novgorod and Poland. Gonna be interesting over there :p

That is the plan. Btw, choosing the countries with all the different players and possible human alliances in mind, while considering that I wont really be able to start with a strong country, is fucking hard.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Wow, Crab and Toma facing each other as antagonists again in the race for Russia - definitely going to be an interesting game!

Now we only need Fitz and MGO as Crimea and Livonian Order for the picture to be complete :)

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
All this competition over eastern Europe and western Asia is not necessarily a bad thing. Those steppe nomads can blob hard if left alone without any competition. So can the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. At least now things are going to be really interesting.

Anyway, Novgorod was probably going to be my second or third choice too. There aren't a lot of good options left, and no matter what you choose at this point you're going to be surrounded by other players.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'll probably quit as Kazan, actually. I can't really compete with a human Novgorod; it is infinitely easier for them to expand into Russia and tech - wise I'd struggle too much to keep up.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think I'll probably quit as Kazan, actually. I can't really compete with a human Novgorod; it is infinitely easier for them to expand into Russia and tech - wise I'd struggle too much to keep up.

Not sure what you expected tbh, especially considering you could have picked Novgorod in the first place. The whole idea for the choice /rank system is to pick the best possible countries, or otherwise players that are above you in the ranking might snatch them up. Even if I didnt choose Novgorod, the small power vacuum up there is pretty noticeable, and I wouldnt have been surprised to have MGO pick Novgorod or Livo. Kazan is a crappy choice even without a human Novgorod =p Part of the reason I am going there is because I know Kazan is rather weak and wont put up much resistance.

Morfeo

Seriously Crab, why did you even choose Kazan in the first place then? You knew this was a risk - and it is the whole point of this system.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I picked Kazan because I was Novgorod in the first multiplayer session and didn't fancy repeating particularly, but wanted something in the steppe region to vary it up a bit from Ibero-Latin affairs. You know what though - I'll stick with Kazan anyway. If I get munched early, I have work that could do with some more attention anyway, if I don't, I get to prove a point. Win/win scenario. :p

Also my score will tank and I can be the Ottomans next game, fufufu.

Morfeo

Good Crab and good luck! It will be a great challenge for sure, but it shows character that you decide to try it out anyways :)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I must say, I approve of mgo and Fitz's choices.

I may or may not have chosen for them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Picking the Livonian Order might be a very bad life choice at this point.

What are you talking about? Look at all those expansion opportunities! You have a choice of Riga, Riga, or Riga!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Would have been a day 1 war and either the end of the game for you or me :p

You, for sure. Muscovy comes in less than 2 years; you probably wouldn't be finished sieging and their troops would destroy you. In fact, if I were Fitz and was feeling like being a dick, I'd pick the Livonian Order and ally with Muscovy, because that's an automatic game over for you.

EDIT: I suppose you may get the ~5% of games where Muscovy draws Subjugate Ryazan instead of Subjugate Novgorod, in which case you have a breather, though.

Toma

You, for sure. Muscovy comes in less than 2 years; you probably wouldn't be finished sieging and their troops would destroy you. In fact, if I were Fitz and was feeling like being a dick, I'd pick the Livonian Order and ally with Muscovy, because that's an automatic game over for you.

EDIT: I suppose you may get the ~5% of games where Muscovy draws Subjugate Ryazan instead of Subjugate Novgorod, in which case you have a breather, though.

You can declare a war day 1, but not an alliance because it needs to be accepted. If I declare a war on the first day, the alliance of Livo wouldnt be active yet and he couldnt call Muscovy in.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You can declare a war day 1, but not an alliance. If I declare a war on the first day, the alliance of Livo wouldnt be active yet.

No, I meant: even if you DoW'd d1, you'd still lose in the end as Muscovy will almost certainly come before you can finish - even if you did press on to annex/vassalize mgo, you'd effectively have lost by doing so. If you didn't do that, later on, a Livonian Order player could ally with Muscovy, and that would be another definite game over - beating Muscovy sans allies is hard enough as it is.

Also, you can call people in to old wars as long as they are less than 60 days old, so yes, he could call Muscovy in provided they accepted his alliance within 60 days and wanted to attack you.

Morfeo

So how will the situation between the Mameluks and Qara Qoyunlu be? Is there the possibility of peaceful coexistance, or should we fight it out from day 1?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So how will the situation between the Mameluks and Qara Qoyunlu be? Is there the possibility of peaceful coexistance, or should we fight it out from day 1?

I remember a similar situation when 2 players allied to destroy the Ottomans and after that one of them destroying the other in the end. I wonder who was that player?

Morfeo

I remember a similar situation when 2 players allied to destroy the Ottomans and after that one of them destroying the other in the end. I wonder who was that player?

So I distinctly remember this too - I also see that MGOs loyal subject ZZMitch is playing Hungary which probably factors into something as well.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I sent you a PM earlier.
I didn't even get any provinces out of that war. I was as much a victim of Swedish perfidy as haly!

Toma

No, I meant: even if you DoW'd d1, you'd still lose in the end as Muscovy will almost certainly come before you can finish - even if you did press on to annex/vassalize mgo, you'd effectively have lost by doing so. If you didn't do that, later on, a Livonian Order player could ally with Muscovy, and that would be another definite game over - beating Muscovy sans allies is hard enough as it is.

Also, you can call people in to old wars as long as they are less than 60 days old, so yes, he could call Muscovy in provided they accepted his alliance within 60 days and wanted to attack you.

The AI rarely does that, but you are still right. Muscovy attacking me is a huge risk. We'll see how that works out :)

Gonna be interesting in any case.

Morfeo

One pick left, and I'm still the only one in Italy. Get in.

Lol, who are you, the new KingSnake? You will have it really hard as it is with the players already in your vicinity, so I wouldnt exactly applaud getting more of them.

Toma

True, but that I can deal with. Another player directly in Italy itself would have been entertaining!

I was SO close to choosing the italian option, but I cant judge you enough for it yet, so I passed :p

Morfeo

ZZMGO

I also doubt I can play Sundays guys, I have a flight to catch!

We will keep the Ottos in check so you wont have to return (again) to a AI-ruined nation!

Oh, picking Venice in a MP game after two failed attempts it's definitely close to my Wallachia game.

Its not, but considering his neighbours that are played by humans AND the fact that he still wants more human players nearby, he does show some of that kingsnakian flair that we all know and love.

Fitz

With a bit of help, I have some ideas on what nation to pick. If people are up for starting tomorrow I'll play some today and solidify my choice, otherwise I'll hold off for Sunday.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I see Muscovy is about to get its shit pushed in real serious like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom