• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz

15th would be preferable for me too, need time to brush up, and most of next week will be lost to city building goodness.

Fitz

# War
- Looting has been reworked and now happens exclusively on capture of an enemy province (but not recaptures/liberations)

vader.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
- Reduced Nahuatl sacrifice cooldown to 3 years from 5.
- Increased Nahuatl Doom reduction from passing reforms.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
- Reduced Nahuatl sacrifice cooldown to 3 years from 5.
- Increased Nahuatl Doom reduction from passing reforms.

mrburnsexcellent.gif

- Looting has been reworked and now happens exclusively on capture of an enemy province (but not recaptures/liberations)

Terrible change.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that should make Aztecs now definitely viable for you.

Yeah. The only minor change I think they need is that if you pass all 5 reforms, you shouldn't need to border a Western nation to complete the reformation of the religion, purely because it is totally random whether a European nation comes to border you or not and that can happen in 1500 or it can happen in 1570. An extra 70 years unable to expand because the Doom mechanics are still active is very tedious. That said, less applicable in MP.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It'll eventually get mp.

I dont think so, people are vocal about MP currently, but adding a useful MP mode would take a lot of resources over what people ACTUALLY want in this game, like weather, disasters, tunnels, etc. I know that I wouldnt want them to prioritize MP over anything else, and the devs are inclined to agree apparently.

I mean, what kind of MP would you even want?

Fitz

You too huh? :D
Man, if that game had MP, we could basically transplant half this community :p

Not enough good city builders around! Banished was great but there wasn't enough content to keep me interested, and I'm loath to reinstall Anno 2070 as it means Uplay.

Uzzy

# Espionage
- A spy discovery now sets a 5 year cooldown timer during which you can't send another spy to same nation. This change does not apply to Fabricate Claims.

Wasn't Espionage useless enough already? Paradox pls. Gotta love the new DLC too, I really want to play as an Italian nation and have Lucrezia Borgia hanging around my court now.

Anyway, the 15th is fine for me.

Kabouter

Not enough good city builders around! Banished was great but there wasn't enough content to keep me interested, and I'm loath to reinstall Anno 2070 as it means Uplay.

If you want something to bridge the gap to the release of Cities Skylines, grab the Colonial Charter mod for Banished, it like triples the content.

Uzzy

Doesn't this make Espionage slightly more useful? Spy Offense and Defense are more useful now that there is a 5 year timer.

Spy offense is more important, but it's still a bit useless. A good level of Spy defense is easy to get, as every espionage action other than fabricate claim targets your capital. So you just build a spy agency and college in your capital to get +50% to your spy defense.

The change is good in that it stops the spamming of sabotage reputation/sow discontent. But that's a buff to the defensive side of things. Offensively, it's a big nerf.

CloudWolf

Wow, I had forgotten what a bitch AE can be. I was playing Gelre, trying to form The Netherlands, get to the new world, change tag and get the Turn the Tables achievement. So I attacked Burgundy together with my allies France and Austria and took Holland, Breda and Limburg (two of which I had claims on). What fucking happens? The entirety of Europe decides to get in a coalition against me, Austria breaks the alliance and the AI declares two different coalition wars on me. Even with France helping me, I am simply fucked. I don't remember it being this extreme before.

Kabouter

Wow, I had forgotten what a bitch AE can be. I was playing Gelre, trying to form The Netherlands, get to the new world, change tag and get the Turn the Tables achievement. So I attacked Burgundy together with my allies France and Austria and took Holland, Breda and Limburg (two of which I had claims on). What fucking happens? The entirety of Europe decides to get in a coalition against me, Austria breaks the alliance and the AI declares two different coalition wars on me. Even with France helping me, I am simply fucked. I don't remember it being this extreme before.

Yeah, it does feel like it's gotten a lot worse as of 1.10. You really have to go like...one province at a time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Good luck on that Cologne run Kabouter.

CloudWolf

Yeah, it does feel like it's gotten a lot worse as of 1.10. You really have to go like...one province at a time.
Yeah, it's bullshit. Especially when you see the AI happily taking two-three provinces at a time because they have reduced AE.

By the way, unrelated t EU4, but I love how Vlaardingen is the capital of Holland in Crusader Kings 2 since I actually am from Schiedam, which is right next to Vlaardingen. I still don't know why Paradox decided on such an unmemorable city as capital of Holland, though.

Kabouter

Good luck on that Cologne run Kabouter.

Yeah, I know, it's a bit unfortunate.

Yeah, it's bullshit. Especially when you see the AI happily taking two-three provinces at a time because they have reduced AE.

By the way, unrelated t EU4, but I love how Vlaardingen is the capital of Holland in Crusader Kings 2 since I actually am from Schiedam, which is right next to Vlaardingen. I still don't know why Paradox decided on such an unmemorable city as capital of Holland, though.

Wikipedia page on County of Holland said:
As a result of a promise he had made during the Frisian rebellion, Dirk III went on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. When he returned, the northern side of his county had become unsafe, so he travelled south and started loaning lands around present day Vlaardingen in order to cultivate it. He also built a castle at Silva Meriwido, the future Vlaardingen. From this castle he forced merchants that travelled per ship from Tiel to England to pay toll. The Merchants complained at the Reichstag of Nijmegen in 1018, where it was decided to act against Dirk III. An army led by Godfrey II Duke of Lower Lorraine, consisting of a fleet with soldiers from the Bishopric of Utrecht, Cologne and the Prince-Bishopric of Liège was surprisingly defeated by Dirk III in the Battle of Vlaardingen.

So as not to weaken the protection the county of Holland offered against the Viking raids, king Henry II decided to let the matter rest, though he did strengthen the position of the Bishop of Utrecht, the nominal feudal lord of the counts of Holland. Nonetheless Dirk managed to expand his territory to the east at the cost of the Bishopric of Utrecht. After the death of Heny II in 1024, Dirk III supported the candidature of Conrad II in an attempt to reconcile with the imperial authorities, so as to keep the lands he had acquired, or expand them even further.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
http://www.twitch.tv/quill18/v/3856685

The doom of my productivity for the next few weeks.

Thanks Toma, looks really cool!

Btw, a bit inspired by your "lets play 10 ps1-games"-thread from last year (or was it the year before?), I have now finally started Final Fantasy Tactics - and while that game is frustrating as no hell - it is also one of the most satisfying games I have ever played when things finally click :)

Toma

Thanks Toma, looks really cool!

Btw, a bit inspired by your "lets play 10 ps1-games"-thread from last year (or was it the year before?), I have now finally started Final Fantasy Tactics - and while that game is frustrating as no hell - it is also one of the most satisfying games I have ever played when things finally click :)

Haha, yeah, that thread burned horribly. Man, its really hard to get a community activity going on GAF.

Glad someone still remembers it though ;) And yeah, FFT was a great, great game. Totally came out of nowhere for me back then too, dont think I played any SRPG before it.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Haha, yeah, that thread burned horribly. Man, its really hard to get a community activity going on GAF.

Glad someone still remembers it though ;) And yeah, FFT was a great, great game. Totally came out of nowhere for me back then too, dont think I played any SRPG before it.

It did burn, but I really liked the initiative, especially considering my impression is that very few people play ps1-era games these days, since the graphics have arguably aged the worst of all the classic systems. Amazing games on it still though for sure. Definitely agree on Tactics, it is really great. I have played a some Fire Emblem and a lot of PC-games that are more tactical and less roleplaying, but yeah, I will say it still holds up incredibly well. Great, great game.

Edit: And about that community on gaf - I feel we have succeded pretty decently here :)

Guys, I'm trying to play multi with someone and no matter what we do, it's always the same bullshit, "server not found". Tried joining by game ID, doesn't do shit.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Both of our PCs allow EU4 through firewall. We can skype with each other, call on steam chat etc.

Haly

Have you tried both the "room name" ID and numeric ID? That was an issue for some of our players and we switched to using the numeric ID full time.

It's obtained by mousing over the game info in the top right. The ID is a long number string that you'll have to copy down by hand unfortunately.

fanboi

Banned
Guys, I'm trying to play multi with someone and no matter what we do, it's always the same bullshit, "server not found". Tried joining by game ID, doesn't do shit.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Both of our PCs allow EU4 through firewall. We can skype with each other, call on steam chat etc.

Does it work with someone else? Or doesn't it work with anyone?

Have you tried joining via Steam?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Disable the Waifu mod!

Haly

I have a great idea to take the waifu mod to the next level.

Chrome/FireFox extension that replaces avatars with randomized waifus every day, so you can experience your Visual Novel waifu paradise every moment you're browsing GAF.

I'd make this if I knew how to make extensions.

Ugh

The ID join thing only works if she hosts, which is terrible coz its just the base game.

Can't transfer control of provinces in war without AoW on the server

ZncZhrn.png

Haly

Ugh

The ID join thing only works if she hosts, which is terrible coz its just the base game.

Can't transfer control of provinces in war without AoW on the server

ZncZhrn.png

Buy her the expacs~

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Kab/Morfeo, since I'm the only one in India, alright if I change to Vijayanagar?

You should probably ask Fitz, which is the only "neighboor" you'd be moving somewhat closer to. Maybe Uzzy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom