• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

I was planning on playing Bohemia until it became a 3.42 nation, rather than a 3.46. Damn you guys. I wanted to form Prussia! (Mostly because Prussia has Major Motoko Kusanagi on it's flag in the finest EU4 mod)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I was planning on playing Bahmanis until reasons. Glad I bailed out now though! :D

CloudWolf

Fitz as Timurids is okay, they get destroyed by rebels all of the time anyway, so it won't be as surprising this time.

EDIT; Seriously though, Fitz as Timmy is scary. The first and only time I played as Timmy I didn't actually really know what I was doing and I managed to get incredibly strong without any crazy rebellions until westernizing. The game fell apart when I foolishly tried to PU The Ottomans (which was still possible back then), only to get curbstomped into oblivion.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Revolts are not a problem. Just keep burning MIL. Stops you from expanding early on, but you don't need to - you're the Timurids, you're already huge - you have literally over 70 base tax more than France. Otherwise, just rush an ADM idea tree with focus on ADM and advisors. You will be clear in no time, and ready to Westernize effectively immediately because you've not put points into tech but instead supression/ideas. AI Timurids struggle, but that's because they're stupid. A human Timurids is always going to be one of the most powerful players in the game. I'd rather be Timurids than roughly 50% of the nations we have above them. This is also assuming that the human Portugal can find an early alliance against Castile, otherwise you'll be the same size in 1600 you were in 1444, just with some colonies.

Timurids are a top ten nation.
You can't really afford to fall behind militarily in a multiplayer game. Nor can you afford to fall decades behind if you get unlucky and are unable to reform your government in time. If this was a more aggressive multiplayer game, then the Timurids would be much harder to play. With that said, a good player shouldn't have a major problem with revolts.

mkenyon

Banned
I was planning on playing Bohemia until it became a 3.42 nation, rather than a 3.46. Damn you guys. I wanted to form Prussia! (Mostly because Prussia has Major Motoko Kusanagi on it's flag in the finest EU4 mod)
Do you just move the Capital to Brandenburg or some such thing to get a Germanic primary culture?

Kabouter

Do you just move the Capital to Brandenburg or some such thing to get a Germanic primary culture?

Yeah, you start with two Saxon culture provinces already and just need to conquer three more and move your capital to one of them to culture shift. Then you just need the regular requirements to form Prussia and you're there and get those ideas. All Saxon culture nations have access to the form Prussia decision.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You can't really afford to fall behind militarily in a multiplayer game. Nor can you afford to fall decades behind if you get unlucky and are unable to reform your government in time. If this was a more aggressive multiplayer game, then the Timurids would be much harder to play. With that said, a good player shouldn't have a major problem with revolts.

Who will you be falling behind? Timurids border Indian-tech nations that struggle more than they do, and other nomads.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fall behind... MGO!

Dun dun duuuuuuuun~

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Given Uzbeks start 88% over-extended, they have slightly more trouble on the rebel front than the Timurids do!

EDIT: Oh yesh, one sunset invasion coming right up.

mkenyon

Banned
Yeah, you start with two Saxon culture provinces already and just need to conquer three more and move your capital to one of them to culture shift. Then you just need the regular requirements to form Prussia and you're there and get those ideas. All Saxon culture nations have access to the form Prussia decision.
Interesting. I thought it was a nation tag specific thing.

Prussia is my most common playthrough, and I've done it a few times with the Teutons, but mostly Brandenburg. Always trying to see if I can do it one better than the last.

The Protestant and Catholic League thing makes the HRE a ton of fun mid game now.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Who will you be falling behind? Timurids border Indian-tech nations that struggle more than they do, and other nomads.
In the early game, an Ottoman or a good Mamluks players; and in the mid-game a Russian player. That would prevent them from being a truly elite nation in my opinion.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Enjoy
ibzXPnAlk3wkcY.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In the early game, an Ottoman or a good Mamluks players; and in the mid-game a Russian player. That would prevent them from being a truly elite nation in my opinion.

I mean, in the event that there is an Ottoman player or a Muscovite player pretty much anything bordering them is no longer top, yes. That's not because the Timurids aren't good, it is because the Ottomans and Muscovy are much better. But by the same logic, Portugal is even worse and you still can't justify putting Portugal above the Mamluks - Portugal is not surviving long if there is a Castile player who is truly competitive. They have less survival potential than the Timurids, certainly, given Ottomans have to chew their way through Qara at the very least, whereas as a competitive Castile literally the first thing I would do is DoW Portugal to get rid of a colonial competitor and get some same-culture group provinces. I mean, I did it as Aragon, right, who are a much worse nation than Castile (sorry Valhelm).

I'd also favour a good Timurids player againt a good Mamluks player. Having even a two tech advantage probably does not make up for the fact the Timurids start with around just under double the manpower and force limits.

EDIT: You're not even burning that much MIL. I just checked their start - you have 5 provinces with 1.1 revolt risk at start. That's it.

fanboi

Banned
NEW COLUMN IN THE PLAYERS SHEET, PLEASE FILL IN YES OR NO IF YOU CAN (IF NO FILL IN PREFERRED DATE THAT IS AFTER THE 18TH)

I'd also favour a good Timurids player againt a good Mamluks player. Having even a two tech advantage probably does not make up for the fact the Timurids start with around just under double the manpower and force limits.

And the option to ally the powers in the region, especially the Ottomans, who will never ally with the Mamluks.

Uzzy

As my last girlfriend said, 'What is this, an erection for ants?'

Also, surely it's 'Is your penis smaller than fanboi's?' Three basic errors there, fanboi. For shame.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
fanboi's penis is smaller than fanboi's penis? sounds to me like an infinite regress

As my last girlfriend said, 'What is this, an erection for ants?'

Also, surely it's 'Is your penis smaller than fanboi's?' Three basic errors there, fanboi. For shame.

I think he meant to say: "Are you a penis smeller like fanboi?"

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. I don't see that fanboi, you might want to check more carefully.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
There's no rule on taking out a player in the first session, right?

This is the second time you're asking about this. I'm struggling to see who it would make any sense for you to take out first session. Don't you have vassals to integrate, Burgundy to crush, and Brits to have fun with?

Always after blood, this lad.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is the second time you're asking about this. I'm struggling to see who it would make any sense for you to take out first session. Don't you have vassals to integrate, Burgundy to crush, and Brits to have fun with?

Because rumour has it Jazz is considering Brittany.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
There's no rule on taking out a player in the first session, right?

No problem, if someone voluntarily gets too close to you without a safety net, its his fault.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

First time was when Red Arremer wanted to start as a French vassal, now it's in case someone *cough* wants to start this game with my destruction in mind.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
First time was when Red Arremer wanted to start as a French vassal, now it's in case someone *cough* wants to start this game with my destruction in mind.

well you don't have to worry about me, nudge nudge wink wink

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I already know who's gonna die in session 1. Hint:
it's me

I mean, the Mamluks are at the gateway of Europe, Africa and Asia so they're a popular candidate for getting picked on.

I doubt it. Mamluks are a major power, plus, there's always alliances you might be able to get.

So are the Timurids. Lithuania, Venice and Tunis all are strong regional powers, and arguably the strongest in their respective regions at the start of the game. Add Ethiopia and AI Ottomans to the mix, and I'll be going down in no time.

I was joking. Sheesh.

Kabouter

I mean, the Mamluks are at the gateway of Europe, Africa and Asia so they're a popular candidate for getting picked on.

With the right ally he also has every direction to expand in though. (Or, well, every direction but the one his ally is in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom