• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeven

Question for you guys, do you think having a human vassal count as a human ally for rule purposes? I vassalized Denmark, and would be fine offering Rick Decker Spiegel an opportunity to remain in the game by him playing my vassal, but I already have two human allies (KingSnake and Steeven) and can't do without either, so...

Imo it does not count as an ally.

Steeven

Brandenburg AAR

It turns out Brandenburg is steadily unifying the German people, while also creating more Lebensraum in the east.

Gains:
Religious gains: From Catholic to Reformed
Provinces gained: Multiple provinces in central Germany, thanks to Gelre. Saxony, Bohemia and some OPM am cry. Also, Silesia.
Vassals gained: Polotsk
Current Wars: Hannover

While witnessing the slow boring sieges, I was entertained with Morfeo's impossible struggles, although the outcome was way more severe than I expected. When the Ottomans declared, I prayed for you. On that regard, I find it sad to see one European powerhouse fall. I expected you would lose maybe 2-3 provinces, but as you said, rebels became the core of the problem eventually.

In Red's absence, Poland was fun to watch as well. It lost Silesia as a vassal, which I picked up. It integrated Chernosomething and still holds Crimea as a vassal though. There are some weird small states in the Russian sphere now and the hordes are approaching.

Winter is coming.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The most frustrating thing is that with the new system, you can spend military points to reduce the build up - but I was too stressed out by everything to do that nearly enough. Meaning that I in contrast to Red Arremer and (soon) Cloudwolf, actually fell because of my own terrible decisions. That sucks.

smjanssen

Iroquois AAR:

Still waiting for a Western nation to land so I can reform my government :'(.

Decided to finally take down the Huron by taking 2 of their 5 provinces and splitting their nation into 2 parts.

Other than that things are peaceful in North America

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The most frustrating thing is that with the new system, you can spend military points to reduce the build up - but I was too stressed out by everything to do that nearly enough. Meaning that I in contrast to Red Arremer and (soon) Cloudwolf, actually fell because of my own terrible decisions. That sucks.

dat lo rank fishin', ayyyyyyyy

You'll get your 4, and you'll like it!
unless you stay in the game and de-westernize Fitz

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
dat lo rank fishin', ayyyyyyyy

You'll get your 4, and you'll like it!
unless you stay in the game and de-westernize Fitz

I deserve negative points after this and the last round, for real. Completely fucked up. No way I should be ranked below Kingsnake after this.

Fitz

If we're having player vassals, you should totally be one of my harem vassals.

fe90f6f62281a4066cfba7318bd68450175e7d025c8081b7a440c030ad71f69d.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I'd been able to keep going with our brief CK2 game. My harem was legit, all those petty European nobles were marvelling at my eugenics programme.

Uzzy

Just need to steer clear of the Mediterranean, Morfeo! So once you get your 2.0 rating, take England.

I wish I'd been able to keep going with our brief CK2 game. My harem was legit, all those petty European nobles were marvelling at my eugenics programme.

You, me and Morfeo all in a CK2 game. Sounds good.

CloudWolf

If we're going to play CK2 again, I will murder all of Toma's children and sleep with his wife(s).

Just kidding, you know I love you

Uzzy

Is anyone courageous enough to play Venice next time? They seem to perform badly in multiplayer.

I'm certainly tempted. The recent building/fort changes make me very interested in them.

In other news, my Sunset Invasion game has come to an end, without the achievement being unlocked. The Spain/France coalition against me proved too powerful in the end.

Here's North America. My high war-exhaustion brings all the rebels to the yard.

And here's Europe.

I managed to take Lisbon and Amsterdam, and could have grabbed London and Madrid quite easily. France though.. damn France. Just too strong.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sunset Invasion is pretty lucky dependent. If Europe looks the wrong way in 1650, it can be very difficult to turn around.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The bad thing about Sunset invasion is that you need all the powers on the Western side of Europe to be weak and that's almost impossible. Unless Austria does some super game. Or maybe if Burgundy has one of those nice run, but even then they are more likely to take France's place there.

fanboi

Banned

I am really in the mood to start Another MP session for this... we should play it when we dont play EU4!

Any takers?

Steeven

We should try setting it up, and play when we have the time :)

Looking in the old CK2 thread is intresting... remember my lesbian Queen that was the last living person of my dynasty...

Was intense but she produced some kids!

LoL. I remember someone in the official thread telling he ended up as the king of France with his dynasty, but his king was a homosexual dwarf and produced nu heirs, meaning game over.

I once played with Scotland and because of my share in a crusade in Anatolia, I ended up with an enormous empire, which I could not hold on to logically. Actually, all of my games seem to end up that way. Perhaps I had the most fun playing either Venice and battling the Muslim invasion in France or as Vikings and pillaging Normandy.

I still like CK2 though, but I cannot get myself to play Ironman without being able to create my own dynasty.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I have this odd thing where I feel really uncomfortable replacing historical figures with custom dynasties in CK2. I'm fine with doing it for places where there was no data, because then it seems plausible that this dynasty could have existed even if it actually didn't, but I'd never make a custom king of England. It would just be wrong. I feel the same way about the nation designer in EU4. I just don't use it, except to place countries that actually did exist at the start date but aren't present in the game.

Kabouter

I have this odd thing where I feel really uncomfortable replacing historical figures with custom dynasties in CK2. I'm fine with doing it for places where there was no data, because then it seems plausible that this dynasty could have existed even if it actually didn't, but I'd never make a custom king of England. It would just be wrong. I feel the same way about the nation designer in EU4. I just don't use it, except to place countries that actually did exist at the start date but aren't present in the game.

You weren't there, prove the West African, Norse religion, Dutch culture nation of Such Ivory, ruled by the Amaze dynasty (first king named Wow) did not exist in 1444.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You weren't there, prove the West African, Norse religion, Dutch culture nation of Such Ivory, ruled by the Amaze dynasty (first king named Wow) did not exist in 1444.

Actually this is true, but you got the name of the king wrong. It was the great Mwow N'Amaze.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

You people make me sick. Such a nation would justify its own subjugation under European imperialism. Borders must be clean, cultures must be homogeneous, religion must be converted. Bordergore shall not be tolerated!

Steeven

I'm pretty sure that you can play Ironman with a custom dynasty now, you just don't unlock achievements.

You are right, so let me rephrase that: I think it's not worth the 'trouble' to play Ironman if I cannot unlock some achievements at the same time as well. Most seem pretty hard to get and I only have so much time to play games. I like to multitask.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Songhai is actually a really fun game in SP now. You always have something to do, I'm never sitting around. Interesting history, too.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! :)

will accept ceded provinces as birthday presents during tonight's session

Kabouter

dutch-flag-010s1uzl.jpg

AAR:
- Formed Netherlands, became Dutch Republic, got a ruler suited to how great this country is (6-6-5, I imagine the 5 rather than a 6 is because we bought crappy F-35s)
- Got some more stuff, Lübeck and Cologne being the most significant.
- Fought off a coalition and a Muscovite army who foolishly decided to attack my Brandenburgian allies

Steeven

Brandenburg AAR

Conquered Hannover, then Poland declared war, which was pathetic because they were four-five levels behind in tech. It was like fighting natives in the jungles of Brasil, except on a plain with high tech cannons and flanking manoeuvres by brave German cavalry units. But on top of that, Muscovy decided to taste some German steel as well. We won the wars. My thanks goes to the Dutch Republic for assisting my ass.

After the wars, I finally managed to fill my manpower pool to adequate levels, which was drained since day one basically. Considering I am the target of a global coalition, I will lay low.

Gains: Braunsteig or whatever, one Polish province, several Lithuanian provinces
Vassals integrated: Riga
Fears: I can smell steppe horses
Fun: Venice getting it back together, nice comeback man

Fitz

Looks at all those red provinces springing up around the Pacific, it's a dirty great epidemic! Someone should do something about that.

Happy Birthday Robo

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Senpai notices me!

I'm building a billion heavy ships, and staying on my Islands all Kabouter style from now on :p And thanks!

Those red dots in america are more like a desperate hand, reaching out to try and get some new western friends <3

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
you gonna be the next player to implode?
No, the worst is over, and I'm done westernizing, but it was pretty hectic for awhile. I made the unfortunate decision to decrease autonomy a few decades before westernizing, so I had Kazakh nationalists, Nogai nationalists, and Uzbek reactionaries all rising up the same time, with about 100k total. I defeated them with most of my manpower intact, but at the expense of most of my money, since I recruited so many mercs. I had enough ducats that I didn't need to take any loans.

The war with Muscovy could have ended poorly though had the Ottomans not bailed me out (the Ottoman alliance was supposed to deter them from declaring war; I guess it wasn't enough). I'm at +15 war score now thanks to winning battles against Kiev, while Muscovy is busy sieging down my provinces. I can get out of the war right now with a concede defeat, but I'll try to press the advantage and maybe get them to return some provinces to my vassal.

On the bright side, happy birthday Robo.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Japan AAR

Mainly colonizing, and small wars this session. I ate up a couple of Indonesian OPMs (R.I.P Ternate, R.I.P whatever nation south of Ternate, I think it's called Bacan in real life?), then I started a second war against Pasai and stole a couples of colonies they had going on, and am currently sieging out their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom