• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

So if El Dorado is next Thursday, what period are we looking at for starting the new game? I guess after such a long game people will want a decent break. So many people this time, will no doubt take a while to organise nation picks, not to mention the inevitable patch that'll be needed to fix whatever goes wrong with the DLC.

Cup-Of-STFU.png

At the very least until 1.10.1 I'd say, so that'd be at least mid March I'm guessing

EMT0

Banned
Huh, the allotted times fit perfectly with my schedule this semester, so I'm in. Anyone got a link to the country tiers? I see you guys talking about it a lot but it isn't on the first page and I'd like to get a headstart on picking who I will
kill you all with
peacefully expand diplomatically with.

Although if you're good at both CK2 and HoI2, I doubt you'd have a hard time in EU4, because EU4 is by far the easiest Paradox game in their stable.

EU4 is easier than both CK2 and HoI2

I'd disagree with the assessment of EU4 being easier than CK2, they're around the same level, but it definitely is easier than HoI2. I will never fully understand HoI as a whole series. Which is why if I ever join an MP game there, I'll simply pick Bhutan and sit in my Himalayas and wave my cool dragon flag, but not get involved in anything else.

KorrZ

Hmm I would like to get involved with this as I'm massively obsessed with EU4. That Wednesday time frame is pretty much right in the middle of my work day though sadly.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
The poll was a tough choice; they're all good options. I predict lots of backstabbings this game; fanboi probably at least twice.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also: Everything in Rise of Nations, Anno 2070, Planetary Annihilation, Sins of a Solar Empire and probably everything anywhere ever.

Rise of Nations is the greatest RTS of all time. Truthfact.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Expanding into foreign territories.

fanboi

Banned
Who sadly, is not in that mod.

I checked.

There are things people are not meant to know.

Honestly, I was looking for a mod to make the flags look better, and stumbled upon that one.

Yeaaaah... that is some excuse FACE would use.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
"For the glory of your waifu" should be new thread title

we are playing with that mod next session right?

Uzzy

Blarg. Trying to play an Ethopia game for the Prestor John achievement, and everything was going well for a while, with me swiftly conquering neighbouring land and converting it all to Coptic when I was hit with some godlike rebel stacks, both Sunni and Nationalists, each stack bigger than my army and possessing a much greater leader. I finally beat them back, bleeding my manpower and money dry, only for Yemen to declare on me. Yemen, allied to the Mamluks.

Well, fun while it lasted at least.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's very rare that I succumb to rebels these days, but that's because I manage my unrest/autonomy like a middle aged Asian women manages her family's bank accounts.

In my Ethiopia story, my downfall came at the hands of the Ottomans. Apparently, destroying and assimilating the Mamluks, the only buffer between me and them, was not a great idea.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Blarg. Trying to play an Ethopia game for the Prestor John achievement, and everything was going well for a while, with me swiftly conquering neighbouring land and converting it all to Coptic when I was hit with some godlike rebel stacks, both Sunni and Nationalists, each stack bigger than my army and possessing a much greater leader. I finally beat them back, bleeding my manpower and money dry, only for Yemen to declare on me. Yemen, allied to the Mamluks.

Well, fun while it lasted at least.
For the first 50 years or so, I'd recommend only conquering Coptic land and just vassalizing everyone else. The combination of nationalism and wrong religion will guarantee a huge revolt early on, and Ethiopian manpower isn't exactly huge in the beginning.

fanboi

Banned
I have also added a new column in the player tab, where you confirm or not if you are going to participate this session, please fill this in.

Kabouter

Also why am I already target of a coalition. ;_;

Hmmm, good question.

Well I guess if KingSnake picks France, it'll be all the more fun to play Auvergne or Armagnac. :p

I can't condone us Austrians mingling, sorry. ;)

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't pick a French vassal even if it was allowed when a player picked France. Be aware, though, if you pick France, you're likely going to paint a target on your back for all the other Eurobabbies.
Or at the very least, I hope that is the case - to me, stopping France and a potential forming of Prussia always has to be a priority for mp games :p

Also, on another note, can I request to be the last of the rating 3 people to pick their country? This should vastly help my decision where I wanna settle in to (even though I'd prefer picking even later lol).

There'll be no escape for you this time, Kabouter.

Kabouter should start as Riga or Theodoro or something.

It's a goddamn mystery.

Teasing KingSnake - fair enough. But I dunno why my suggestion of you playing Riga or saying there won't be a way for you to get away from other players adds to my aggressive expansion. :p
'sides, I never said anything to Mgoblue! ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom