• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Hotjoining for Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know where Steam puts EU4 saves? I want to load our game up and see how our Asian compadres are doing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
My documents/Paradox Interactive/save games for the local saves for me.

Merci! My Documents is a barren wasteland for me, I save everything to User. Never think of checking in there.

fanboi

Banned
Question for all you, would it be possible to increase one sitting to 1.5 or 2 hours? See how it works out?

Anyone in on that idea?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Question for all you, would it be possible to increase one sitting to 1.5 or 2 hours? See how it works out?

Anyone in on that idea?

Best idea from you since that -5 stab hit for breaking truce! I definitely thing we should do this, especially considering how much time we loose on just getting started.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Anyone in on that idea?

Best idea from you since that -5 stab hit for breaking truce! I definitely thing we should do this, especially considering how much time we loose on just getting started.

Someone here cant stay longer than the time we currently do, but maybe we could start 30 minutes earlier? We'll bring that up in the chat tonight.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That would be fine with me. 30 minutes earlier is all good but an hour earlier is probably out of the question, for me, at least.

We'd probably meet at :15 then to get it started at :25

But as I said, we'll just ask that later in the chat when more people are there. And half an hour more would still help a lot with our progress.

Morfeo

My suggestion would be 22:00, but 22:15 is still much better than how it is now, especially considering we might be unlucky again and spend 20 minutes just to start up.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I can't start earlier at the moment, may be able to in a few weeks.

Toma

30 minutes earlier doesn't really work for me :(

I can't start earlier at the moment, may be able to in a few weeks.

Well thats it then guys! 1 hours it is as we already did so far ;)

Make yourself comfortable, all of you armchair generals, as this round will likely take us until February/March, but I guess not all 15 participants will be alive by then, so we'll see how that turns out.

Toma

AAR - 10/09/13 - Vijayanagar

What happened?
I had to deal with the annoyingly big (7) sized stack in Ceylon which has no land way to my army. Considering I only had 6 cogs and troups attacking from the sea get a malus on their attack, that wasnt the best of things to happen. I tested my attack move with the SP save for about one hour so I could have 2 units attack there shortly after one another but even that was not always guaranteeing the win. When we finally started, I pulled of my move and ... still lost. Huge blow as that meant that I needed a new army AND if the rebels can take ceylon, I'd have 10 years of nationalism and high revolt risk there, which basically means a standing army in Ceylon.

Luckily enough, the server crashed a few days after my army lost and once we started the game from the most recent game, my troops actually managed to secure the win in Ceylon. HA! Take that stupid Ceylonian rebels.

After that, I started a war to grab my last missing province to form Hindustan (Bastar) and another war with Bahmanis which ended in them being my vassals and a region more for my other vassal Ahmadnagar. Unfortunately, after I made that peace, they were still in a war with their neighbours from Berar who are sieging them currently and will fully annex them in a few days after we start up the next save. Since I am in a Regency Council, I cant stop, nor counter that and will lost that vassal again and then wait 10 years.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session:
Province Count: Original + 10 or so
Vassals or PU: Ahmadnagar + Bahmanis (which will be lost in the next save)
At War with: -

Toma

Session 3 - 10/09/13:

if8mVO08XNnvc.png

Castille - Has truce with a bunch of nations including France, but no territorial changes that I can see. No ideas picked yet.
Morocco - Took exploration ideas and grabbed the first idea in it and has started colonizing south via Tuat
Savoy - 2 new provinces, currently improving relations with vassal Milan for annexation eventually. Grabbed the first two defensive ideas.
Burgundy - Annexed Utrecht, annexed Hainaut. Has weirdest tech progression (3-3-6), no idea picked as a result.
Scotland - No territorial changes as far as I can tell, took quality idea group and grabbed first idea in it.
Sweden - Vassalized Brabant, and is improving relations with them to annex presumably. Picked aristocratic ideas. Currently at war with Brunswick and Brandenburg (as a junior partner)
Novgorod - Took four provinces from Livonian order, currently at war with Muscovy. Grabbed defensive ideas.
Wallachia - Nothing seems to have changed.
Venice - Grabbed a Hungarian province, annexing vassal Corfu. Grabbed trade ideas.
Poland - Annexed vassal Mazovia, has truce with Muscovy but can't see territorial changes. Grabbed religious ideas (well, AI did I think)
Naples - Seems to have moved north in Italy a bit more, has picked up naval ideas.
Hedjaz - Made Najd vassal and is winning a war against Oman. Picked economic ideas. Is also annexing vassal Yemen.
Vijayanagar - Honestly not sure, but I'm sure Toma has grabbed a few more provinces. Currently stuck with a regency council however.
Hosokawa - Grabbed yet another province and is clearly the strongest power in Japan now.

Burgundy/ Fanboi: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81193905&postcount=270
Castile/FACE: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81126081&postcount=237
Hedjaz/ Sickboy007: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81211057&postcount=279
Ming/ Kabouter: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81127973&postcount=246
Morocco/ Mleugie: www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81165921&postcount=268
Naples/ Colkate: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81134409&postcount=259
Novgorod/ Crab: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81127697&postcount=244
Poland/ Manik: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81198949&postcount=273
Savoy/ Morfeo: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81128797&postcount=248
Scotland/ Rug Monkey: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81197041&postcount=271
Venice/ Archnemesis: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81127177&postcount=240
Vijayanagar/ Toma: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81470973&postcount=324
Wallachia/ KingSnake: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81127801&postcount=245

Toma

AAR - 12/09/13 - Viyanagar

What happened?

Nothing.

Province Count: Original + 10 (19)
Vassals or PU: Ahmadnagar
At War with: -

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
AAR - 12/09/13 - Novgorod

FUCK

Diplomatic Status
Provinces: FUCK
At War With: FUCK
Everything else: FUCK

fuck the ai

Morfeo

AAR - 12/09/2013 Savoy

Having been thinking about this game non-stop the last few days, it was incredibly annoying how long time it took us to start, and when we finally got stuff going my ally Ferrara decided to do something seriously irritating and declare war on Tuscany to start another italian war. They quickly secured Pisa for themselves, making it the third Ferraran aggression on the peninsula and doing the life of peaceful leaders like myself increasingly difficult. My first defensive measure against this aggression was to ally with France to secure myself in case of danger, and then also allying Provence. Anyways, I didnt do much for the rest of the game except for looking at Fanboi kicking the shit out of an all-european burgundian intervention started by the swiss and including both Austria and France. Seriously alarmed by the swiss' aggressive tendencies, I decided to weaken them while I had the chance to secure our pan-italian northern border, so I quickly got Milan and Austria to join me in the anti-swiss defensive pact, which resulted in me taking their two southernmost provinces as a neutrality zone. Both Austria and Ferrara got so pissed by this that they broke of our alliance - guess one of my diplomats didnt convey the peaceful message good enough - which means I am now left with a badly damaged France and a tiny Provence as my allys.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session: Alliances: France, Provence, RM with Austria, Milan, France, Provence and Ferrara
Province Count: 12 (original+6)
Vassals or PU: Milan as vassal
At War with: Nobody

Kabouter

AAR - 12/09/2013 - Ming
Description of the actions during the session:
Fought a small war, won it, took a few dirt poor provinces (base tax 2 max I think :{). That's about it. I'm almost done watching 'Would I Lie To You' which sucks. I will need to find something else to watch. Oh, and hotjoining, lots and lots of hotjoining and restarting the game.

Province Count: Lots, but not by my own doing, Ming has a great many provinces to start with anyway.
Vassals or PU: Korea, Dai Viet, Lan Xang (downsized though, stupid Champa)
At War With: None

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR - 12/09/13 - Wallachia

FUCKED

Diplomatic Status
Provinces: FUCKING NOTHING
At War With: FUCKING Ottomans
Everything else: EXCELLENT

Good buy, beautiful land! It's time to imitate real life and move to the North-West

AAR - 1465-1472 - Venice

Description of the actions during the session:
I was quite passive this session. After investing some diplomacy points into the Trade idea I managed to unlock a fourth permanent merchant. My core mainland provinces now all have constables, docks, marketplaces, and temples. Crete is still not paying tax so fuck those guys.

My army isn't yet fully recovered, but I think I need to jump into another war now that I have a chance. Hungary is weak from many years of rebellion and they currently have weak allies. The Ottomans are apparently fighting Iraq and I got a free casus belli to conquer parts of Greece. I have a stack of 17 which will easily get me a province or two from Hungary. I'm not sure that's enough to get anything from The Ottomans.

State at the end of the session:
Province Count: Original(8) + 2
Vassals: Corfu (~70% annexed), Naxos
Allies: Ferrara, Bohemia
At War With: None

Kabouter

So which nation are you going to play as next KingSnake? Because Saxony is sort of getting fucked right now. I'd just pick a serious European power since the other players in Europe have had time to strengthen themselves. Wouldn't really be fair for you to start now with a minor when Morfeo for instance has had time to double in province count. Just pick something like Portugal maybe? You wouldn't be directly in the way of someone else with that, but would still be able to compete in Europe.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So which nation are you going to play as next KingSnake? Because Saxony is sort of getting fucked right now. I'd just pick a serious European power since the other players in Europe have had time to strengthen themselves. Wouldn't really be fair for you to start now with a minor when Morfeo for instance has had time to double in province count. Just pick something like Portugal maybe? You wouldn't be directly in the way of someone else with that, but would still be able to compete in Europe.

I would take the saved game and have a look.

Morfeo

Lol why always use the poor defensive and peaceful Morfeo as an example???

Edit: I'm still BY FAR the weakest of the player-controled nations in my area.

Kabouter

Brandenburg? Münster? Denmark ? Aztec?

Brandenburg > you're locked away from one of your cores which will soon be Polish
Münster > Owns one province in the Netherlands (Friesland) that fanboi will probably want
Denmark > Currently at war with Wink
Aztec > Fuck all to do for another 50+ years, probably more. Most boring thing ever for you.

Better for the dynamic in Europe if you pick a larger, stronger country. Don't forget who the other players are in Europe, nobody's someone weak at this point. All regional powers at minimum.

Lol why always use the poor defensive and peaceful Morfeo as an example???

Edit: I'm still BY FAR the weakest of the player-controled nations in my area.

Ha.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Portugal then? But I will be breathing on Algiers Castille's neck

I could use a little Aztek break after this rolercoaster, though. :D

Kabouter

Portugal then? But I will be breathing on Algiers Castille's neck

Will you though? Portugal's natural route of expansion isn't really Castille is it? And you've already lost the Moroccan bit, so you wouldn't be messing with him either. Austria or France would be fine choices as well that'd help with balance of power in Europe more than Portugal would, but it's up to you of course.

I could use a little Aztek break after this rolercoaster, though. :D

Nobody needs that much boredom.

Morfeo

Let him play either Austria and France - and the next guy to die play the other of them - then Europa will be fucking awesome to watch - and Fanboi will finally get some resistance!

Kabouter

Let him play either Austria and France - and the next guy to die play the other of them - then Europa will be fucking awesome to watch - and Fanboi will finally get some resistance!

The next guy to die? Who are you planning on taking out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom