• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Hotjoining for Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

AAR - 08/09/13 - Ming

Description of the actions during the session:
I finished my war with Dai Viet victoriously and made them my vassals, it will take ages to annex them, but whatever. After that, with the coalition that had long since formed against me - despite me barely having done anything - split by truces (older Manchu truce, Lan Na truce from Dai Viet war) I attacked Korea a second time and made them vassals as well. I then sold them back the provinces I took in the first war, since I found myself unable to afford coring costs. After that, I switched factions to the Eunuch faction (from Temple), and spent basically all my admin points on moving my capital to Nanjing from Beijing for slightly better trade node access.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session:
Province Count: Original + 1 (Laoxi, now cored). Lost three provinces compared to previous session.
Vassals or PU: Korea and Dai Viet.
At War With: None, and I can't see myself warring again any time soon to be perfectly honest.

Mleugie

Neo Member
AAR Morocco

Started the game with Fez as an independent state and at had a truce with them. So of course I declare war on them and their ally Algeria.

I've taken about six loans and my leader died giving me pretender rebels. But they are currently fighting Algeria's army. My only ally during the war was Granada but they got annexed.

Vassals or PU: None
At war with: Algeria, Fez

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
AAR - 05/09/2013 Savoy

I started out just making a few alliances with Burgundy, Aragon, Mantova, Naples, Urbino and Ferrara. Considering my options, I decided to go against Genoa to secure their trade nod, however as they were allied with Castille and Tuscany, I knew it would be hard. Aragon got beaten hard by both the napolitan independence war, and Castille, but I completely dominated Genoa, taking both Liguria and Corsica, and destroying a few Castillian expeditionary forces (two 10k stacks). In the end, the session were finished without conclusions to this war. Naples went against my other ally Urbino, and there was not much I could do to stop them from being annexed, so the alliance with both those nations ended with that war.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session: Alliances: Burgundy, Aragon, Mantova, Ferrara, RM with Ferrara and Mantova
Province Count: 6
At War with: Genoa, Castille, Tuscany

AAR - 08/09/2013 Savoy

I started out effectively ending the war over Liguria with me taking the province, which made Mantova end our alliance. Since Milans army was out fighting Tuscany, I almost imidiatly declared war on them. They were allied with Hungary whch made it a risky move, but I hoped my burgundian ally could help me in case of a new attilan invation of Italy. Burgund as fanboi refused to join the war making him the biggest backstabber in the history of EU - but luckily the hungarians had enough at their hands as well, so it became an easy war against a country without an army - so I quickly secured Parma for myself to complete my mission - and made the rest of their once powerful state a vassal under Turin. I then decided to take some time to build a better fleet and improve the now tarnished relations with my neighbours. I quickly entered an alliance with Austria - who made war against Burgundy almost at once. Totally ready to join the war for some easy fanboi-meat I was sadly never invited to join :( Invited to join I was however in the ferrarian conquest of Mantova - another of my former and now fallen allys. This war went easy for Ferrara who also had Venice on their side - which marked the first occasion we played roles in the same war.

After completely decimating the burgundian armys - lifes a bitch right? - Austria had him cede four provinces and thanks to an unlucky swiss diplomat they immidiately went west to learn the swiss a lesson. This time I was called in, and Switzerland also called in their army of allys including Hungary, who then became the leader on the other side - effectively making this an Austrian-Hungarian war. Poor swiss diplomat :( Anyways, we eventually fighted Bavaria, Tuscany and the Papal State as well - and maybe even a few others that I have forgotten. This epic war also led Venice to finally do something about their istrian ambitions, and they went after Hungary from even another angle, which I guess helps Austria win the war next time. As Switzerland was crumbling against our forces, I decided to use the chaotic situation to secure Corsica - and declared war on the newly-free Sardinian kingdom that was formed from revolts in both of the two islands - and ended the game controlling Corsica and sieging Sardinia - with my main army still in the southern alps.

I also advanced a few techs, kept a good stability most of the time, and was able to start trading again after the genovese refusation went useless when I overtook their city.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session: Alliances: Austria, Milan, Ferrara, RM with Austria and Ferrara
Province Count: 8
Vassals or PU: Milan as vassal
At War with: A ton of nations including Switzerland, Tuscany, Papal State, Sardinia, Bavaria and Hungary - and possibly even a few more

AAR - 1452-1458 - Venice

I fought a defensive war protecting Ferrara from Mantua. Otherwise I was mostly trying to improve relations with my vassals so I can diplo-annex them next session. Close to the end I declared war against Hungary and I'm currently holding one of her provinces. I need to increase my warscore before I can claim it though.

Province Count: Original + 1
Vassals: Corfu, Naxos
At War With: Hungary and Switzerland

fanboi

Banned
My AAR will come later, been soked in work today.

Also, Im a bit salty since the gang rape HRE did on me (with France)

fanboi

Banned
AAR - 08/09/13 - Burgundy

You know, I'm all for ethnical diversity and what not. But getting gang banged by 11 different guys from 11 different nations varying from Switzerland, Austria to France... makes me some what reluctant for that.

Yeah sure, I sleept with their, "taken" girlsfriends like Provence and Barrois, but really? REALLY?

I didn't ask for this.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session: SALTY AS FUCK
Province Count: -7
At War with: -

Morfeo

AAR - 08/09/13 - Burgundy

You know, I'm all for ethnical diversity and what not. But getting gang banged by 11 different guys from 11 different nations varying from Switzerland, Austria to France... makes me some what reluctant for that.

Yeah sure, I sleept with their, "taken" girlsfriends like Provence and Barrois, but really? REALLY?

I didn't ask for this.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session: SALTY AS FUCK
Province Count: -7

Lol this is what you get for being a war-mongerer!

Manik

Did anyone happen to notice if anything of interest happened involving Poland during Sunday's session? Or am I going to be tasked with trying to unravel just what the AI has done when we resume tomorrow night?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone happen to notice if anything of interest happened involving Poland during Sunday's session? Or am I going to be tasked with trying to unravel just what the AI has done when we resume tomorrow night?

Ditto, but with Novgorod.

Kabouter

AI started the annexation process of Mazovia (or if not started, then is progressing with it). Otherwise, I did not notice anything, the PU with Lithuania is still there and all that.

Ditto, but with Novgorod.

Attacking the Livonian Order over Narva. Norway is allied with the Livonian Order and is occupying one Novgorodian province, but shouldn't be too hard to win that war.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Could someone please post the world screenshot of the current save?

Could someone please post the world screenshot of the current save?
Z2dClDp.png

Manik

AI started the annexation process of Mazovia (or if not started, then is progressing with it). Otherwise, I did not notice anything, the PU with Lithuania is still there and all that.

Excellent, thanks Kabouter! Diplo annexing was going to be my next move anyway, so very pleased to hear the AI took that task upon itself to do. Will be on tonight, so shall carry on its good work Looking forward to it!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Attacking the Livonian Order over Narva. Norway is allied with the Livonian Order and is occupying one Novgorodian province, but shouldn't be too hard to win that war.

Meh, it's only Norway. Worse comes to the worst I'll take a few loans and merc them back to wherever they came from. Thanks!

A.A.R. Scotland 1 May 1458

Well I missed the first session so relied on the AI to give me a decent start, and they didn't do too bad a job ... found myself at war with England. They occupied Ayrshire and I occupied Lancashire and Yorkshire. I'm allied with Brittany and Leinster, them with Burgundy and Munster.

So with the spirit of William Wallace I took the fight to them, splitting 2k of my 10 stack to take back Ayr and splitting the rest into 2 armies of 4k to beseige Cumbria and Northumbria knowing any English army would stop to take back Lancs and York giving me plenty of time to regroup and take them on.

However luck was on my side (or the RNG is bribable with whisky) and several large groups of fraticelli heretics are rampaging around stomping on the english main force, just as Cumbria and Northumbria fell a 27k army of heretics decided to move into Yorkshire so I decided it was a good time to sue for peace getting 3 provinces and 80ducats and only giving up Lancashire ...

Peace was short lived as Brittany immediately called me into their war (negative prestige is a biatch) with Provence (and Munster) but it looks to be a quick one ...

Oh and at one point I decided to remove the 2 cog blockade on my capital with my 9 ship fleet docked in the same sea area, soon as battle commenced a 26 ship fleet loomed out of the fog of war and got to me 75% back to safety, sunk my arse, leaving me muttering about idiot mice and lumps of floating cheese ...

Kabouter

Excellent, thanks Kabouter! Diplo annexing was going to be my next move anyway, so very pleased to hear the AI took that task upon itself to do. Will be on tonight, so shall carry on its good work Looking forward to it!

Oh, you also have Teutonic Order as a vassal, but I'm not sure if that's something you did or if it's something the AI did.

Manik

Oh, you also have Teutonic Order as a vassal, but I'm not sure if that's something you did or if it's something the AI did.

I nabbed them on the first session with the help of a mission giving me a CB on their capital province.

All is looking rather good for tonight although, barring any over zealous neighbours, perhaps slightly on the quiet end of things.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about it, I'm now somewhat worried as to how Norway has occupied one of my provinces. I had a 12-stack to the Livonian's 5-stack, not sure what size Norway was but I doubt it was up at 12 when my economy is rather larger and stronger than theirs. Maybe it was one of my colonies they occupied? Would explain why it was so quick. I will be pissed if my stack got beaten by a Norway/Livonian force, they're both midgets.

Kabouter

Thinking about it, I'm now somewhat worried as to how Norway has occupied one of my provinces. I had a 12-stack to the Livonian's 5-stack, not sure what size Norway was but I doubt it was up at 12 when my economy is rather larger and stronger than theirs. Maybe it was one of my colonies they occupied? Would explain why it was so quick. I will be pissed if my stack got beaten by a Norway/Livonian force, they're both midgets.

Loaded up the game, you're totally, totally fine. You have 14k in the Livonian Order (and occupy two of their provinces). I can't even see troops in the Livonian Order itself, and I can't see Norwegian troops in your own territory. War is as good as won. You'll be able to nab both Norwegian and Livonian provinces if you keep the war going a while.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Loaded up the game, you're totally, totally fine. You have 14k in the Livonian Order (and occupy two of their provinces). I can't even see troops in the Livonian Order itself, and I can't see Norwegian troops in your own territory. War is as good as won. You'll be able to nab both Norwegian and Livonian provinces if you keep the war going a while.

You really have fun looking around everyones situation, dont you? ;)

fanboi

Banned
Kabouter is like a deadly spider in your house.

He is somewhere, but knows everything, never to be seen, just to emerge in our darkest hour and kill us all in our sleep.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I will be happy to open a 2nd front on Norway as 1 of my missions is 'take the Orkneys' and It'd be a benefit to both of us ;)

Deal. Can't give you naval support, can give you a massive land diversion.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

So the AI even built me up to my force limits? Sweeet. Remind me to thank them! And thanks for the info.

Toma

AAR - 08/09/13 - Vijayanagar

My last wars and fighting the rebels afterwards left me with very, very exhausted unit stacks and no manpower to fill them back up. For the sake of quick expansion, I got 10k mercenaries and attacked Orissa to grab 3 of the remaining cores eventually needed to form Hindustan. I eventually won that fight, but am now dealing with a 7 unit rebel stack in Cylon, which I cant deal with since I only have 6 cogs to ship units over. Meh. Taking care of that will probably take me a while as I might need another 1-2 cogs first.

Province Count: Vijayanagar + 9
Vassals or PU: Ahmegdahni

FACE

Banned
AAR - 10/09/2013 - Algiers Castille

I joined fanboi on his crazy war against France and as a result I lost a ton of troops, my country is at a constant risk of rebellion, I'm knee-deep in debt and bleeding money really fast. So, as you all can see, that went well.

Province Count: +0
At War with: None(Rebels count? :p)

Toma

Who do I need to bribe so that we use the last autosave of the current month to continue next time? :p

My ruler just died, no heir, someone takes over my vassals and I cant retaliate, nooooo.

AAR - 1458-1465 - Venice

My war against Hungary didn't go as planned. Sieges without cannons take forever and my war exhaustion was increasing extremely fast and I ran out of reserve forces. I managed to at least grab one province which will make it a bit easier to move troops between my western and eastern provinces.

As a result of the war I had to deal with rebel uprisings. Stacks of 8+7+5+9+16 rose up simultaneously and the only way I could deal with them was by taking loans and hiring useless mercenaries. I managed to defeat all of them except the Cretan nationalists. The stack was so large I couldn't have beaten them without doubling the size of my fleet. They are now tax exempt for a very long time.

I've already repaid my debts, but I think I'm going to focus on economy for a while. It will take some time to rebuild my forces and I should probably invest in some military buildings to increase the force resupplying speed.

Province Count: Original + 2
Vassals: Corfu (15% annexed), Naxos
Allies: Ferrara, Bohemia
At War With: None

Edit: Two of my allies, Ferrara and Bohemia gained new provinces. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

fanboi

Banned
AAR - 10/09/2013 - Algiers Castille

I joined fanboi on his crazy war against France and as a result I lost a ton of troops, my country is at a constant risk of rebellion, I'm knee-deep in debt and bleeding money really fast. So, as you all can see, that went well.

At War with: None(Rebels count? :p)

Facebooklike.jpg

Wouldnt have done it without you.

Kabouter

Stuff I'm noticing looking around in the save:
Castille - Has truce with a bunch of nations including France, but no territorial changes that I can see. No ideas picked yet.
Morocco - Took exploration ideas and grabbed the first idea in it and has started colonizing south via Tuat
Savoy - No territorial changes I think, currently improving relations with vassal Milan for annexation. Grabbed the first two defensive ideas.
Burgundy - Annexed Utrecht, annexed Hainaut. Has weirdest tech progression (3-3-6), no idea picked as a result.
Scotland - No territorial changes as far as I can tell, took quality idea group and grabbed first idea in it.
Sweden - Vassalized Brabant, and is improving relations with them to annex presumably. Picked aristocratic ideas. Currently at war with Brunswick and Brandenburg (as a junior partner)
Novgorod - Took four provinces from Livonian order, currently at war with Muscovy. Grabbed defensive ideas.
Wallachia - Nothing seems to have changed.
Venice - Grabbed a Hungarian province, annexing vassal Corfu. Grabbed trade ideas.
Poland - Annexed vassal Mazovia, has truce with Muscovy but can't see territorial changes. Grabbed religious ideas (well, AI did I think)
Naples - Seems to have moved north in Italy a bit more, has picked up naval ideas.
Hedjaz - Made Najd vassal and is winning a war against Oman. Picked economic ideas. Is also annexing vassal Yemen.
Vijayanagar - Honestly not sure, but I'm sure Toma has grabbed a few more provinces. Currently stuck with a regency council however.
Hosokawa - Grabbed yet another province and is clearly the strongest power in Japan now.

Think that's everybody right?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
AAR - 10/09/2013 Novgorod

Okay, well, damn. That was a session that went a lot harder than it needed. Started in a really nice position - 2 Livonian provinces occupied, low war exhausation, high war score, no enemy troops in sight. Immediately out the gate, I get hit by a -2 stab event. Just after that, Riga also declares war on the Livonian Order, and I'm stuck on 44% war-score, a single province away from 100%. I need 56% to get my desired peace-deal, so I decide to stick with it, noting that Norway only has a 9-stack while I have a 14-stack. Then, Livonian Peasants spawn on the province my 14-stack was in, knock it down to an 8-stack, and moments later Norwegian troops arrive and beat me down. I retreated to Osel and used my fleets to hold Norwegian troops back while my army recovers (and around the same time take my first idea in Defensive), but in the meanwhile they take 4 of my provinces (Novgorod starts with 2 provinces that are colonies and so fall immediately). My war exhaustion rockets and I have to spend huge amounts of diplo-points to keep it under control. After some struggle I push Norway back, and Riga is defeated by the rebels, which I then defeat to force the Livonians into submissions. I'm absolutely shattered by what should just have been an ordinary war that went very wrong thanks to an event and some bad rebel timing, but hey, 4 provinces up and in safe territory now, right?

Wrong. Muscowy uses a Dishonourable Scum Casus Belli to attack. I have a 17-stack and a 9-stack pouring over the borders against which I stand no chance. Once again, I retreat to Osel and start rapidly hiring mercenaries. The war-score gets worse, dropping to -22% as Muscowy takes my capital and two other provinces. Poland (Cazz) saves my behind by declaring war on Muscowy. My army is recovered, and I'm ready to engage, when 20 Catholic rebels spawn in Narva, blocking my armies ability to join Cazz and push back Muscowy. With no real choice, I convert to Catholicism, and shift my armies to the front line, taking back my provinces. Moments after, I get a +1 stab event. Poland forces Muscowy to release their vassals, and I defeat a Muscowy 9-stack near Pskov, and at the end of the day I have a +2% war-score against Muscowy and two 6-stacks to Muscowy's single 6-stacks. I plan to hammer Muscowy while I have the rare opportunity and take Vladimir, which I have a claim on, but it will be difficult and dangerous as Poland can't save me again. Next session is going to be extremely interesting - Muscowy is down but certainly not out, and after how my conquest of Narva, which should have been relatively routine, went, I'm certainly feeling rather cautious.

Important Events
Province Count: All starting Novgorod provinces, all Tverian provinces, 4 Livonian provinces.
Vassal or PU: None
At War with: Muscowy
Converted to: Catholic

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR - 10/09/2013 Wallachia

Went crazily to war against Hungary counting on Venice :)p) to fight longer than just for a province. That calculation was wrong, so I ended up facing Hungary alone. I managed to sent my troops to Poland (thanks), but Hungary conquered once province. Austria joined the fight and defeated the Hungarian troops, but meanwhile another pretender rebelled against me, so before Austrian troops arrived in Wallachia I had one province occupied by Hungary and one by the rebels. And Hungary was able to impose the peace on me just as Austria entered Oltenia. So I was forced to give up my province. Luckily Austria defeated Hungary in their war and forced them to give back my province. So here I am, back to square one.

Now Hungary started a crusade against Ottomans and I watch from the side how them and Bosnia are massacred by the Ottomans. First they fought on the Ottomans grounds, but now they will move into Bosnia and/or Hungary. I see another opportunity soon.

At War with: None

Kabouter

AAR - 10/09/13 - Ming

Fought a minor war with Manchu, didn't take anything for myself other than some money (and transfer trade power). Improved some relations with Dai Viet. Watched two episodes of 'Would I Lie To You?'

Province Count: Original + 1
Vassals or PU: Korea and Dai Viet.
At War With: None

Morfeo

AAR - 10/09/2013 Savoy

My session today started in war with Sardinia, Hungary, Switzerland, Bavaria and Tuscany, but I already had an expeditionary force on the big mediterranean islands finished with besieging Corsica and on its way to Sardinia proper. There it easily beat the Sardinian army, besieged the province, and I went for a total annexation of the newly-formed country. Ferrara responded by immediately leaving our alliance, and I also got a shaky relationship with France. Therefore, I decided to not go in the fanboi-trap and take it slow for a while, helping Austria out in their war by occupying Tuscany and ending our common fight, but not going for any personal gains myself. Ferrara then annexed Modena diplomatically, and switly declared war on Mantova and annexed them - making the situation in northern Italy much more manageable than before. I managed to ally Ferrara again, and improve my relationship reasonably well with France, making me ready for more wars next time - the question is just where to go. Italy is pretty much divided between us players now, with Naples also annexing the Papal palace in Bologna - relocating him once again - which means its probably time to look out from the peninsula and watch for other interesting targets.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session: Alliances: Austria, Ferrara, RM with Austria, Milan and Ferrara
Province Count: 10 (original+4)
Vassals or PU: Milan as vassal
At War with: Nobody!

Now Hungary started a crusade against Ottomans and I watch from the side how them and Bosnia are massacred by the Ottomans. First they fought on the Ottomans grounds, but now they will move into Bosnia and/or Hungary. I see another opportunity soon.
It will take me some time to get my army back to full strength, but stabbing Hungary in the back when their armies have been defeated by The Ottomans sounds like a really good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom