• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Hotjoining for Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
Well thats it then guys! 1 hours it is as we already did so far ;)

Make yourself comfortable, all of you armchair generals, as this round will likely take us until February/March, but I guess not all 15 participants will be alive by then, so we'll see how that turns out.

Why don't we play 1.5/2 hours on Sundays?

fanboi

Banned
Brandenburg > you're locked away from one of your cores which will soon be Polish
Münster > Owns one province in the Netherlands (Friesland) that fanboi will probably want
Denmark > Currently at war with Wink
Aztec > Fuck all to do for another 50+ years, probably more. Most boring thing ever for you.

Better for the dynamic in Europe if you pick a larger, stronger country. Don't forget who the other players are in Europe, nobody's someone weak at this point. All regional powers at minimum.

Ha.

Friesland will we diplomatically take! I hate war!

Let him play either Austria and France - and the next guy to die play the other of them - then Europa will be fucking awesome to watch - and Fanboi will finally get some resistance!

Wait, what?!

Austria, here I am. Together we will do great things!
specially to Hungary

WAIT, WAT

fanboi

Banned
AAR - 12/09/13 - Burgundy

So, after the recent conquests that me and my people have taken back from the so called empire, we wanted to recoupe and mourn our friends and family we had lost during the great war.

But this would all change.

Brabant was a sore spot in the Burgundian mind, and we wanted to reunite with our people that now was under the dictatorship of Brabant (which in their end was vassal under the so called 'King of the North').

While the warmongering Swede took up arms against Denmark, who led a union with Norway, Burgundy saw it chance to reclaim lands that was once lost. We moved in swiftly and took them by surprise. Quick peace was made and the lost lands was returned.

Happiness and unity soared through the lands.

But then, the evil empire, with the aid of France, sought to destroy our happiness and lead our country into chaos once again in the 2nd Coalition War Against Burgundy.

Enemies poured in swiftly across the boarders, while we moved in from the north into French territories to intercept French army before it could join their evil brethren's.
We fell upon a total of 40'000 strong French armies, scatter them and annihilating them.

This moral blow to the enemy was to much since their reliance on France with Austria was to much, and they yielded.

So ended the 2nd War.

Diplomatic State: Diplomatic state at the end of the session:
Allied with:Aragorn and Brittany.
Truce with: Sweden, Armagnac, Auvergne, Bourbonnais, Foix, France, Oreleans, Provence, Austria, Lorraine, Munster, Pomerania, Switzerland, Trier, Tuscany and Liege.
Royal Marrige: with England, Brittany, Bavaria, Aragon, Castile and Savoy.

Provinces: Burgundy + 5
At War With: None
Everything else:

fanboi

Banned
Did you manage to get anything from the war with France/Austria?

No, I could have dragged it on and maybe got a province or two, but Austria withdrew their forces so I didn't want to take a chance to get jump by them and lose the war, plus that I had -1 stability and loans due... didn't want to rake up that cost.

But I feel quite confident that I will be able to handle France (+ vassals) on my own with relative ease.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Continuing later, then.

Later is out of the question because if we stop at the usual time its only 6 hours of sleep for archnemesis already anyway, with any extension shortening his sleep. I think you guys should get accustomed to the idea that we'll stick to the schedule as it is now.

FACE

Banned
Later is out of the question because if we stop at the usual time its only 6 hours of sleep for archnemesis already anyway, with any extension shortening his sleep. I think you guys should get accustomed to the idea that we'll stick to the schedule as it is now.

Sleep is for the weak :p

Kabouter

Yeah, let's just keep it to the one hour sessions for now, probably easiest, there's a reason this is the schedule anyway.

fanboi

Banned
We didn't post any map from yesterday did we?

Ux6YRaZ.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So much more of Muscowy should be mine. :(

Manik

AAR - 12/09/13 - Poland

Fairly quiet one this time, in comparison anyway. Begun the session by kicking off the annexation of the Teutonic Order. Also took up the Defender of the Faith title, which seemed to bring with it some neat little perks. Then sat back to concentrate on teching up and regenerating my armies, which had been reduced in last sessions war with Muscowy and various rebel groups back home.

Also formalised my alliance with Novgorod (Crab) to try and create a secure eastern Europe. Sadly he was still engaged in a war with Muscowy which I was unable to jump into, and with all of the hotjoining ended up giving up a number of provinces. Muscowy's card is marked - they'll be handing them back within the next 2 decades.

Aside from that, I built up a few province improvements to increase tax income and improved relations with Moldova.

Diplomatic state at the end of the session: At peace
Allied with: Novgorod. PU with Lithuania. Moldova and Teutonic Order as Vassals.
Provinces: Original +3
At War With: None

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I lost Granada? God damnit!

And how much you lost to Granada is the actually amusing part.

Well, admittedly, its funnier if you are standing outside of the castilian border, but IF you do, its really funny. :p

Toma

Yeah, and it's a massive Granada too :/. AI sucks, I hope I never miss a session, especially given that Ming AI is probably the worst of any in the game.

I should start up EU4 with some random country and see how Asia develops in 20 years with the AI in charge.

Toma

This "simulating the next few years for the AI" thing has a few unexpectedly interesting results. Going to share it soon.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This "simulating the next few years for the AI" thing has a few unexpectedly interesting results. Going to share it soon.

Does Muscowy die a horrible, painful death?

Toma

AI Simulation from our current save:
In 5 years
ibgswAMg9zRY5Q.png

In 10 years
iGhd02fstYcvz.png

In 15 years
i0hkysFCLrIBL.png

In 20 years
iE4ju0wlpO79S.png

In 25 years
idbqaJTdYdo1S.png

Worst case scenario for Castile, Aragon picks up the Granada provinces and becomes an iberian contender.
Without any help, Sweden might falter to Norway and Denmark, which leaves a much stronger Norway in northern Europe that is dangerous to Scotland, Novgorod and Sweden. Interesting to note here is that Norway attacked Scotland in less than 5 years.
If Scotland has to deal with England AND Norway, Scotland might get into a few issues, while Burgundy might find England an unpleasant neighbour.
Since Burgundy now needed to deal with England, France decided to backstab Savoy, grabbing a few provinces.
Naples was expanding into northern Italy.
Poland was gobbling things up left and right.
Vijayanagar grabbed more Indian provinces.
Ming did rather well for 25 years due to the work of a human player before, but finally breaks apart now with some rebels popping up and Ayutthar using the opportunity.
Hedjaz grabbed the southern and eastern provinces on the arabian peninsula but lost a few again to rebels because they were too greedy.
Venice forgot to play and Morocco did ... things that no one understands.

The chainreaction that started because of Sweden losing to Norway is really interesting.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So you're telling me my greatest threat is in fact Norway?

...wink, we have some work ahead of us.

EDIT: Is that a random Moroccan province in the middle of Europe?

Toma

EDIT: Is that a random Moroccan province in the middle of Europe?

You probably meant Algiers and nope, thats just colours being not different enough.

Kabouter

Ugh dumbass Ming AI making my country implode. Might not look that bad, but once the rebels come, they keep coming, and keep going until Ming is smashed to pieces.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You probably meant Algiers and nope, thats just colours being not different enough.

I did, and phew. Was thinking some AI had dropped the ball badly there.

Is there a time limit to the burgundian inheritance event? I'm surprised to see the AI still kicking after the 1500s.

edit: and Genoa still surviving as an orthodox OPM :lol

Toma

You are going to LOVE the simulation Kabouter is running atm. Haha.

Hedjaz - 1465-1472 - AAR

The coalition war against Oman went as planned, with me and my buddy Najd dividing the spoils, leaving my former rival as a minor appendage at the end of the peninsula. After that, I managed to have some respite, stabilized my economy and annexed the Yemeni, more than doubling my initial domain. Najd will follow suit.
My biggest threat are now paradoxically the Ottomans. I can't lose their alliance because they keep the Mamluks at bay, but I know that as soon as their truce ends they're going to exact revenge on the Mamluks, and I'll be the soft underbelly of this axis. I hope I can sit one out and at the same time not destroy my relationship with them. Either that, or I'll have to start looking somewhere else...

Diplomatic state at the end of the session: Allied with the Ottomans, Royal Marriages with the Ottomans and Najd
Province Count: Hedjaz + 10
Vassals or PU: Najd is a vassal
At War with: None

Kabouter

Okay, ran our game for fifty years:
After 10 years:
After 20 years:
After 30 years:
After 40 years:
After 50 years:

Bonus shot of Ming getting fucked up:

Stuff:
Burgundy got inherited by Austria about halfway through this simulation because they didn't have an heir. Before that, they'd already lost a war to France and England. Venice lost a bunch of wars, but doesn't seem to have suffered much in terms of territory. Their expansion possibilities are limited however with the Ottos as strong as they are. Naples is unquestionably the dominant Italian power and given that it's allied with France I can't see that changing any time soon. They took some of Savoy's provinces, which has formed Sardinia-Piedmont and would likely take more. Castile successfully recovered from AI fuck-uppery in our last session and formed Spain diplomatically, it leads a personal union with Aragon and is allied with Portugal. Morocco's future however seems bleak, with most of the country being swallowed by Algiers and Fez. Scotland has been doing the back and forth with England for a while now, and it's likely they'll regain some stuff soon given that England is in the process of losing a war against France. Poland (and Lithuania) have had some problems with rebels, and lost some territory as a result but are overall still fairly strong. Novgorod got fucked up again and again from all sides, Muscovy, Sweden, Norway and others all took turns smashing the country to pieces. It's almost gone now. Hedjaz has been incredibly successful, no doubt in part thanks to its Ottoman ally. They have expanded to include all of Arabia and are currently winning a major war against the Mamluks in which they are the war leader. Vijayanagar is the other success story together with Hedjaz and Castile, they have taken much more of India and managed to beat back an Oirat Horde that was stomping through everyone else. Hosokawa hasn't done anything, because the AI daimyos don't do much fighting, but instead get annexed by Japan. I'm sure that fate would eventually befall Hosokawa as well. Ming went okay for a while, but the AI doesn't understand the faction system and went to war with the Oirat Horde with massive military penalties, they lost this and through negative stability lost the mandate of heaven as well. Everything since has been a long trend towards complete collapse.

Think that covers it, did I leave anybody out?

Also: Wallachia is back and three provinces. Georgia was back for a while but got annexed by a very strong Crimea.

Wink

I fatally underestimated Norway, had to accept peace giving up a province and still at war with Denmark, which is also very dangerous (sieged Pommerania completely) and allied to Norway.
I'm also in a financial crisis due to mercenaries.

In short i effed up twice in one mp round already. But Swegorod might have a chance ^^

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I fatally underestimated Norway, had to accept peace giving up a province and still at war with Denmark, which is also very dangerous (sieged Pommerania completely) and allied to Norway.
I'm also in a financial crisis due to mercenaries.

In short i effed up twice in one mp round already. But Swegorod might have a chance ^^

I beat Norway earlier in a Livonian/Norway war, at the moment Novgorod can still take Norway single-handed - a single province shouldn't alter things too much. My only trouble now is that I'm in a really shitty position in terms of cores and economy after two of my wars both ended up being fairly Pyrrhicand I don't want to get involved with anything heavy in terms of warfare, especially with a hungry Muscowy on my borders. My next play session is just going to be a rebuild and smooth, taking advantage of the truce until I can give Muscowy the beating it deserves. If you create a coalition against Norway(/Denmark), I'll join it, and lend some back-up, hopefully enough to prevent Norway making advances, but I probably won't be able to give serious help for an offensive war aimed at territory gains until I've properly dealt with Muscowy and secured my border. I hope that suffices.

Mleugie

Neo Member
Seems that with every step forward I make with Morocco the AI takes two backwards. It will probably become an OPM.

Manik

I beat Norway earlier in a Livonian/Norway war, at the moment Novgorod can still take Norway single-handed - a single province shouldn't alter things too much. My only trouble now is that I'm in a really shitty position in terms of cores and economy after two of my wars both ended up being fairly Pyrrhicand I don't want to get involved with anything heavy in terms of warfare, especially with a hungry Muscowy on my borders. My next play session is just going to be a rebuild and smooth, taking advantage of the truce until I can give Muscowy the beating it deserves. If you create a coalition against Norway(/Denmark), I'll join it, and lend some back-up, hopefully enough to prevent Norway making advances, but I probably won't be able to give serious help for an offensive war aimed at territory gains until I've properly dealt with Muscowy and secured my border. I hope that suffices.

If you have a decade or so that you can afford to wait, then we can sort Muscowy out and at least get your provinces back. I just need a bit of time to finish annexing he Teutonic Order and rebuild my armies.

Good to see a Poland managed to survive both AI simulations. It can only go down with me at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom