• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

Now might be a good time to betray Austria. I can't see any non-human nation lasting very long, even if it's the emperor, and you might as well take land before Bavaria has the chance.

I've been thinking of that, but easier said then done! He had a bunch of allies, including Poland which will be an issue. Dunno if I can take him on by myself.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Referring to Crimea? Far too big to vassalize at the moment.

I can't remember province size in that area, wasn't sure if had just a few very large provinces or not.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I've been thinking of that, but easier said then done! He had a bunch of allies, including Poland which will be an issue. Dunno if I can take him on by myself.
I'd like to help you, but I don't know how long this war with France is going to last.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Better hurry! I eat emperors for breakfast

Fitz

Because we play late at evening obviously

Roboleon
After Eight
(Today, 08:18 AM)

after-eight-chocolate.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lol, let's hope MGO is not of the kind who likes a "tiny little mint" after his french meal is devoured

fanboi

Banned
Ottomans AAR:

Session ended with me attacking the last province in Anatolia... the wart of the Ottoman empire.

Session started that I was in war with Hungary and Wallachia.

I got some 95% warscore and took what I could, which lead to updated map:

Tm3qekO.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ottomans AAR:

Session ended with me attacking the last province in Anatolia... the wart of the Ottoman empire.

Session started that I was in war with Hungary and Wallachia.

I got some 95% warscore and took what I could, which lead to updated map:

Tm3qekO.gif

Hahahaha.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
oh shit, just noticed now how Toma went to town on the Arabian peninsula :D

Fitz

Looks like the Timurids should be on the cusp of becoming the Mughals, which will bump you up to Muslim tech too.

Kabouter

Looks like the Timurids should be on the cusp of becoming the Mughals, which will bump you up to Muslim tech too.

Ha, no. Paradox has been particularly unkind to non-European countries as of late. Both Manchu and Timurids now require a reformed government (full economic, innovative or administrative ideas, 3 stability, 90+ legitimacy and 200 admin points) before they can enact their decisions. At least the Timurids have picked administrative ideas already though rather than something else, and have already obtained one of the ideas already, so basically nearly there! (lol)

Fitz

Ha, no. Paradox has been particularly unkind to non-European countries as of late. Both Manchu and Timurids now require a reformed government (full economic, innovative or administrative ideas, 3 stability, 90+ legitimacy and 200 admin points) before they can enact their decisions. At least the Timurids have picked administrative ideas already though rather than something else, and have already obtained one of the ideas already, so basically nearly there! (lol)

What in the fuck, wasn't aware of that change. At least Administrative and Innovative are good. Probably not worth bothering to westernise for the Timurids then, unless you can meet the westernisation requirements quite early and stack -revolt risk. Easier to just grab a western core and keep blobbing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone have any thoughts on who to play as tomorrow? :+

I'm not sure if Manik is coming tomorrow, maybe I should PM him, but if he doesn't join then do you want to take Sweden?

I could use a player behind the country when I take them into war with Denmark.

Kabouter

I'm not sure if Manik is coming tomorrow, maybe I should PM him, but if he doesn't join then do you want to take Sweden?

I could use a player behind the country when I take them into war with Denmark.

Yeah, that'd be fine.
Edit: Shoot him a PM and ask him if he'll be there and if so, if he's okay with me playing.

Not interested in playing Scotland KingSnake, sorry. I've played them in SP in the past and never been successful as them, I've never even enjoyed playing as them.
Shoulda picked England

Not an answer to your question.

But next wednesday you might need to be Ottomans.

Sure, no problem.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Are we going to have to do a Malcolm in the Middle chain again to get everyone to turn up on time?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Took 8 new provinces and formed Hindustan which was fun. Not liking how the western empires are getting closer though :(

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
PU'd Castile, took Provence, colonized 3 provinces, cored all my provinces from last time, rebuilt my army to full strength (twice), got a 5/4/4 heir, it's all going great. :D

CloudWolf

I started the game only to find out that the AI had screwed up for me and that I had been crushed in a coalition war. The worst thing about this was that I suddenly had truces with everyone, which meant I couldn't attack anyone.

At least, that was until I found out that I could fabricate a claim on Kurland, which led to me being at war with Denmark (alliance with Liv Order), which was awesome because I still had some claims on Danish provinces lying around and Denmark was being destroyed by Aragon. So, after a small war I got four new provinces: Memel, Kurland, Marienburg and Riga. My only problem at this moment is the fact that Poland is denying me access, which means that some of my troops are stuck, but I will fix this in the next session.

Also, I became Emperor. Yay?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Hansa AAR
10/16/1484 - 15/071495

Summary: I'm so good at this game.

Spent half the session waiting for my truce with Denmark to end. Meanwhile, Denmark manages to go to war with half the world, I'm not sure how much of a dent that actually made in their manpower but I know it stripped away a lot of their allies. Sweden declared war on them before I could, so I had to join as a junior partner. Their navy was already in shambles, and I mopped up the last of it before trapping the rest of their troops on the Scandinavian while I sieged their home island. Sweden and friends were remarkably bad at doing anything, having lost ~15 Warscore between them whereas I was racking up score with successful sieges near my territory. In hindsight, it was a good thing I joined as a junior partner in Sweden's war because I could avoid a coalition war with Munster and Friesland. I peaced out quick at ~44 Warscore to avoid Sweden locking me out of necessary goals like the Faroe Islands for another decade. Plus, I wanted to reduce the time of the truce as much as possible to have a go at them again.

Provinces Gained: Faroarna, Slesvig, Midtjylland

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I wasn't entirely satisfied with the way that war ended. France wouldn't accept my offer to cede Caux and release Champagne (which was worth exactly 100 score), I didn't have any of Champagne's provinces occupied, and I wanted a vassal that had a lot of cores. In the end I settled for creating a vassal out of Guyenne. The call for peace made it impractical to continue fighting any longer (war exhaustion was already high).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Newly traumatized?

all of those were amazing! those these paint an accurate picture of the music scene in the Netherlands? I haven't really followed since 2 Unlimited tbh

Bleh, that was a crap session. I was at war with Jaunpur, completely beat them and accidentally accepted a "concede defeat" peace. Now I have a regency council with a 7 year old king.

Couldn't be arsed with all the disconnects in the end.

CloudWolf

all of those were amazing! those these paint an accurate picture of the music scene in the Netherlands? I haven't really followed since 2 Unlimited tbh

What did you listen to?

Listen to De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig, Jacco Gardner and Spinvis next

Kabouter

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I started the game only to find out that the AI had screwed up for me and that I had been crushed in a coalition war. The worst thing about this was that I suddenly had truces with everyone, which meant I couldn't attack anyone.

At least, that was until I found out that I could fabricate a claim on Kurland, which led to me being at war with Denmark (alliance with Liv Order), which was awesome because I still had some claims on Danish provinces lying around and Denmark was being destroyed by Aragon. So, after a small war I got four new provinces: Memel, Kurland, Marienburg and Riga. My only problem at this moment is the fact that Poland is denying me access, which means that some of my troops are stuck, but I will fix this in the next session.

Also, I became Emperor. Yay?

I'm glad I could help a friend in need. Did you enjoy the Castilian stack wandering around the Danish peninsula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom