• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Lost a province in Scotland and won 2 in Ireland. Went bankrupt and I have a colonist and an explorer, I discovered the sea around Greenland, but I can't see the land, so I'm just doing circles now. Navigate, discover see province, back and repair and repeat. Maybe at some point I can see the damn colonies.

Fitz

Lost a province in Scotland and won 2 in Ireland. Went bankrupt and I have a colonist and an explorer, I discovered the sea around Greenland, but I can't see the land, so I'm just doing circles now. Navigate, discover see province, back and repair and repeat. Maybe at some point I can see the damn colonies.

Never got around to replying to you in-game. If you just leave your navy (with explorer) patrolling in and out of the sea zone adjacent to the land you're trying to uncover, they'll uncover it in not long.

Kabouter

You can play Gelre again and help me fight France (assuming Crab agrees to the war).

That seems not particularly exciting as far as nations to play go. Found a colonial nation and I'm there though. You're doing well in tech! :p

Edit: Although if I can't find any other nation to play, I will take you up on the Gelre offer, because then at least I can follow what happens in Europe and don't have to worry about being annexed by someone (other than you, I guess :p).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Never got around to replying to you in-game. If you just leave your navy (with explorer) patrolling in and out of the sea zone adjacent to the land you're trying to uncover, they'll uncover it in not long.

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks.

ZZMitch

Annexed Bosnia, diplo Annexed the Knights and Corfu. Grabbed Hungary's ocean province... wanted more, but was being chased around by tens of thousands of angry Frenchmen after they trounced Austria's army. Had to give in!

Quickly getting squeezed in, Europe is very full lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Hansa AAR
25/06/1462 - 26/03/1474

Summary: The war is ON.

The Hansa, Brandenburg and Muscovy (and friends)
vs
Denmark, England and Provence (and friends)

Which is a nice joke because no one cares about Provence, and England can't do anything except go around killing ships with their bullshit navy. The war was highly tactical to start. We blockaded Sjaelland to prevent Denmark from connecting their armies (half of which were stuck in Scotland), forcing them to take the long way around and suffer attrition while they ran their ragged troops into Muscovy's vassal horde. After their navy was lured into the Black Sea and demolished, we started carpet sieging in earnest, racking up warscore until Endland came along to ruin our fun by obliterating my navy. RIP my 40 stack of Barques, Galleys and Cogs. However, they couldn't do much besides ferry their meagre army into the historic Prussian lands, which Brandenburg and I made short work of. Once England realized this war wasn't going their way, they White Peaced out, leaving us to take over Denmark.

Unfortunately, because this war needed to be justified with loot, we can't break the union yet, as it requires a whopping 97% warscore. Instead, we're hoping the prestige mallus would eventually free up Sweden without our intervention, or in subsequent wars.

In other news, I'm not rich anymore since I'll have to rebuild my navy entirely.

:(((

Provinces Annexed: Hannover, Braunschweig

This is what the peace deal is looking like right now, Colkate and Cloudwolf just so we're all on the same page. Once I take the Faroe Islands, I might modify a bit but I'll try to give everyone around ~30% warscore. The leftover 10% is reserved for annulling the England alliance.
ij7PMRnrItZ23.png

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
That seems not particularly exciting as far as nations to play go. Found a colonial nation and I'm there though. You're doing well in tech! :p

Edit: Although if I can't find any other nation to play, I will take you up on the Gelre offer, because then at least I can follow what happens in Europe and don't have to worry about being annexed by someone (other than you, I guess :p).
I already took quality ideas, because I was nearly capped out on military points, and I can't think of an easy path to colonization. Haly and KingSnake have an enormous advantage for reaching North America.

CloudWolf

Highlights of my first game:

- Annexed Pomerania and thereby doubled my lands.

- Teamed up with The Hansa and Muscovy to destroy/cripple Denmark. I'm probably able to get Ostpreussen from that war.

- My heir died giving me a 1-1-1 heir in return, which is absolutely terrible

- In the middle of the war my king died, following a comet event (putting my stability at -1) and of course my heir wasn't of age yet so now I'm stuck with a 1-1-4 regency for the next 10 years, at least the council is better than my actual next king.

- Also, I found out too late that I have the mission to conquer Silesia, and considering that Bohemia is caught up in a pretty awful war right now, now would've been a great time to strike, but of course I only found out about that after my king died :'(

- At least I have two things going for me: I have two amazing generals (thank you Prussian ideas) and I have an alliance with Poland-Lithuania. I'm not sure if this is against the rules by the way considering the fact that Poland wasn't player controlled at the moment and they asked for the alliance. I just didn't want Poland on my bad side this early in the game and was afraid that if I rejected it, I would have a DOW on my hands.

Kabouter

I already took quality ideas, because I was nearly capped out on military points, and I can't think of an easy path to colonization. Haly and KingSnake have an enormous advantage for reaching North America.

Just hope it's going to be someone with better than Swahili tech then.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the careful handling, Kab. :) Hope you guys all had fun. Valhelm, we seriously need to co-ordinate because we only have two decades tops before Castile starts colonizing and we need to prevent that. Are we both capable of committing to next Wednesday?

Haly

I guess I'll put this question out here:

Is it worth annulling treaties? I don't know if anyone has any plans to take on England/Denmark, but I don't want to spend 10 Warscore on it if they're just going to ally each other immediately afterwards. I'd like the flexibility of being able to defer the second Anti-Kalmar war to some later date in order to better prepare, or wait for an opening.

Mgoblue201

I guess I'll put this question out here:

Is it worth annulling treaties? I don't know if anyone has any plans to take on England/Denmark, but I don't want to spend 10 Warscore on it if they're just going to ally each other immediately afterwards. I'd like the flexibility of being able to defer the second Anti-Kalmar war to some later date in order to better prepare, or wait for an opening.
Annul treaties lasts 10 years now, so it depends on how long your truce with Denmark lasts.

Haly

Yeah, we're going to probably go up to 100%.

Meh, fucking Paradox.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
also mgo I am somewhat wary about joining in your French war because apparently Kab has got me the Pope (ilu Kab) but in return put me in a situation where I'm facing a coalition of other nations including Austria and being allied with France might keep them off my back. In the long term, I definitely want some wealthy French provinces, but I'd like to assess the situation first and assuming Valhelm and I can co-ordinate, I'd rather focus on Castile in the short-term.

Haly

Castille is Burgandy's ally, don't trust him!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Castille is Burgandy's ally, don't trust him!

I think France has rivalled mgo, so even if I DoW Castile and for whatever reason mgo decides that it would be a really beneficial idea to earn Aragon's undying hatred, he wouldn't be able to get military access and would have to ship his troops over in transports - it's probably not a worthwhile proposition. Meanwhile, I am offering hand on heart a genuine opportunity to stab those French bastards right where it hurts; I just request a little patience while I finish Iberian business.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think France has rivalled mgo, so even if I DoW Castile and for whatever reason mgo decides that it would be a really beneficial idea to earn Aragon's undying hatred, he wouldn't be able to get military access and would have to ship his troops over in transports - it's probably not a worthwhile proposition. Meanwhile, I am offering hand on heart a genuine opportunity to stab those French bastards right where it hurts; I just request a little patience while I finish Iberian business.

You have a PM, I informed you about how Kab settled the Algerian situation in your stead.

Mgoblue201

also mgo I am somewhat wary about joining in your French war because apparently Kab has got me the Pope (ilu Kab) but in return put me in a situation where I'm facing a coalition of other nations including Austria and being allied with France might keep them off my back. In the long term, I definitely want some wealthy French provinces, but I'd like to assess the situation first and assuming Valhelm and I can co-ordinate, I'd rather focus on Castile in the short-term.
The coalition isn't looking too strong at the moment; Austria just lost its entire army and probably won't be a threat any time soon. And any war against France in which Castile participates would directly benefit you, because Castile's army would take the majority of the losses. I don't even care if they lose battles. I just want to wear France down.

Kabouter

The coalition isn't looking too strong at the moment; Austria just lost its entire army and probably won't be a threat any time soon. And any war against France in which Castile participates would directly benefit you, because Castile's army would take the majority of the losses. I don't even care if they lose battles. I just want to wear France down.

Since Venice has a truce with France (and Hungary) anyway, you could just break that alliance and ally with Aragon instead to balance it out. Venice is allied with Austria themselves so they're good in terms of larger nations for now and have no real major nearby enemies that I can see on that map.

fanboi

Banned
My AAR:

I took the white sheep (or is it black?) Quauauahahahahauquaaqua something and annexed them, same with Serbia.

Currently waring against Wallachia.

Mgoblue201

Since Venice has a truce with France (and Hungary) anyway, you could just break that alliance and ally with Aragon instead to balance it out. Venice is allied with Austria themselves so they're good in terms of larger nations for now and have no real major nearby enemies that I can see on that map.
I think crab wanted to maintain that alliance with Portugal for awhile.

ZZMitch

Ottomans! And most of northern Italy is Aragon vassals so I disagree heartily :p

fanboi

Banned
You know, I think Sir Digby (aka Timurids) is cheating.

He is letting the AI play which makes it much harder for us.

Valhelm

contribute something
Thanks for the careful handling, Kab. :) Hope you guys all had fun. Valhelm, we seriously need to co-ordinate because we only have two decades tops before Castile starts colonizing and we need to prevent that. Are we both capable of committing to next Wednesday?

Unfortunately, I'll be booked all Wednesday. But maybe another person can play for me that day? I have a very small military and nearly no navy, so we'll need a few years of mobilization.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Key Kab, you up for a joint invasion of Castile next session? :D

Kabouter

If I recover sufficiently from this flu by Wednesday to stay focused on one thing, sure. Valhelm should PM me instructions here on GAF in the assumption that I will be playing Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom