• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Love how we all fear MGO so much that we wont even let him play the Livonian Order :) Thats a compliment for you mate!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If you can win the first series of wars with the hordes as Georgia, it's actually a fucking great starting position. Works exactly the same as a Byzantium game, only much easier. The whole Caucasus/Anatolia/Greece area is great because you can expand on three continental fronts, and Georgia has amazing ideas and can usually cut Muscowy off from Siberia to get super wealthy. Livonian Order is much harder - yes, you can form Prussia but unlike Georgia it takes a long while before it gets easy.

mkenyon

Banned
Talking about nations with great starts, not enough has been said about Tuscany.

They start off with a god-tier leader who gets better every time you reelect them. You have immediate expansion options with the Papal State and the OPMs around you. If you start off with innovative ideas, you can stack bonuses to get a 35-45% discount on tech, plus big discounts on ideas. Plus you're HRE, so you get a nice safety blanket, while being on the outskirts of the HRE to avoid the coalition bullshit. Also starting off with Restraint of Appeals and Innovative means it's easy as pie to keep prestige maxed.

I'd say they're easily the strongest of the not-quite-OPM-minors.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The Hansa probably runs them close, at least in single-player. You are rich as fuck without making any effort, and all you do is merc up, vassalize Brandenburg, integrate them, and play the normal Brandenburg game only continuing to be rich as fuck the entire game. You can also run down the GOAT leaders route.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
23 years to integrate France, fuck me.

(I hate mercenaries, they're almost always a last resort for me.)

fanboi

Banned
23 years to integrate France, fuck me.

(I hate mercenaries, they're almost always a last resort for me.)

Haly = MGO alt account.

Fuck that means MGO plays both as Hansa and Burgundy at the same time! No wonder the file transfer is so slow for him!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
today let's try something fun. We'll start at 23.00 and end at 21.30

Kabouter

Yeah, once Scotland is finally gone I will secretly plot to take Kab's role in the game.

Well, given my nation choice that is in the OP, that's pretty much true isn't it? I've even frequently indicated I was going to play one in the Eastern North America region (the Thirteen Colonies, basically), so yeah...

Morfeo

I am finally upgrading to a real mouse tonight, leaving that terrible touchpad behind - something that only can be good for the expansion of peace and prosperity in India!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well, given my nation choice that is in the OP, that's pretty much true isn't it? I've even frequently indicated I was going to play one in the Eastern North America region (the Thirteen Colonies, basically), so yeah...

Since we didnt make that rule before, I am totally fine with KingSnake taking over England as soon as he created the colonies for Kab to play.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I want the first nation in the Eastern North America region, regardless of who founds it, that's what I said all along. All I've said is that I hoped it would have better tech than Swahili :p

The first colonial nation there will be probably Portuguese something anyhow.

Edit: anyhow, I will play with Scotland as long as it is possible for now.

Haly

Not if I have anything to say about it.

Morfeo

AAR: Had regency council for more or less the whole game, got fucked by a coalition, but ended up fucking them and getting one of them (Jaunpur) as vasal. Also had some wars in Assam and integrated a vassal with two provs in central India. Oh - and my kid woke up alot. Fun session!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR: Scotland

I finalized the first colony and start building the second one now. Quite late to the party as Portugal, Hansa, Castille and now England are all over Canada now. And I'm still fucked if England decides to attacked again, luckily they had something to do with Denmark and now are struggling with rebels. But the time will come, I'm sure.

Haly

The Hansa AAR
15/071495 - 11/9/1505

Summary: A quiet session. Spent most of the time waiting since I didn't want to accrue any more AE. Managed to take Munster without triggering a coalition war, and that's about it for my HRE ambitions for the foreseeable future. Sweden has started to mess with Denmark too, I think I might wind up preferring Denmark as a neighbor in the long run.

Also started colonization the east coast, which will give me something to do while I'm waiting for truces to end.

Provinces Gained: Abnaki
Vassals Gained: Munster (Munster, Osnabruck, Ostfrieland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom