• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

Good session for Venice! Gained some land in the Alps and smoothly converting to Protestant :D

Also ended up with Bohemia as a vassal

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
AAR: Took some provinces from Palatinate and Hesse, gained Mainz as a vassal.

Heir died, almost ended up as a junior partner in a PU with France/Burgundy :S Regency council time with a three year old weak sauce heir

Lots of protestant problems since I got a stability drop event to - 3, so working on improving that to convert.

And all my HRE neighbors hate me

fanboi

Banned
Map:

jb56cp6.gif

CloudWolf

AAR: Oh fuck...

This game started with me wanting the two coastal provinces from Poland, but in order to get to Poland I had to declare against Saxony (Poland's allied with Austria, no way I'm battling that). After a long and hard war I managed to win against Saxony (taking Niederlausitz, releasing Thüringa and vassalizing Magdeburg), but I didn't get the two provinces I wanted (had to white peace Poland because I couldn't really handle their armies + Saxony's armies). This is crucial for where it all went wrong.

First I converted to Protestant, giving me quite a few rebel problems, but nothing I and my vassal couldn't handle, but then Lithuania declared war on me and that's where everything got screwed. See, Poland decided to not join his ally against me and in almost every case this would be profitable, but not when Poland is blocking your only route into the lands Lithuania wants to conquer and doesn't want to give you military access.

So, the only thing I can do now is sit and watch as my Prussian lands are slowly taken away from me by Lithuania, only able to battle (and easily defeat) his armies when they stupidly decide to move into HRE territory.

>_>

Fitz

Another session of horde bashing fun time. Going to be away next session on Sunday, so handing the nuclear launch codes to Kab for the day. I will not be held to account in the event of armageddon.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
oh shit!!! the committee approved my ph-d thesis today, and I'm going to defend it in public Oct. 10!!!

That means this'll be an extremely busy month for me, but I'll try to catch up at as many sessions as I can!

fanboi

Banned
Ottomans AAR:

Started a war with Hungary, which brought Poland and France into it. After awhile I controlled all of Hungary and Moldavia and a costal province with the black sea which was controlled by Poland, so I took a nice chunk.

Truce just went out with Quara Qunlunyanyayna which will be a nice piece of land to grab.

fanboi

Banned
So no game today since Sweden is celebrating the Swedish moon landing (which celebrates 30 years today) from 1984.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So no game today since Sweden is celebrating the Swedish moon landing (which celebrates 30 years today) from 1984.

Why do the Ottomans care though?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Before the Ottomans empires collapse in the late 80:s, Sweden was more or less a proxy state of the Ottomans. They basically funded the program

A common misconception. Sweden was actually aligned to the United States of Aragon, maintaining courtesy relations with the rapidly crumbling Ottoman Empire due to shared historical links.

fanboi

Banned
A common misconception. Sweden was actually aligned to the United States of Aragon, maintaining courtesy relations with the rapidly crumbling Ottoman Empire due to shared historical links.

Yes, but due to poor leadership in the United States of Aragon, Ottomans was more then happy to provide the means to finalize the moon shuttle.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

no game at all, or are you not able to join?

FACE

Banned
I took one province(I don't even remember the name) in a war that took way longer than it should have. Some rebels showed up then vanished and my game crashed 30 mins before the session was supposed to end.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I took one province(I don't even remember the name) in a war that took way longer than it should have. Some rebels showed up then vanished and my game crashed 30 mins before the session was supposed to end.

You also managed to give Delhi a province, which was enough to make them to big for me to vassalize :(

CloudWolf

AAR: Again, this is not going well... at all

So, I started out in a devastating war against Lithuania, which I lost pretty badly, losing Ostpreussen. After that I kinda came back by vassalizing both Anhalt and Saxony and integrating Magdenburg. Eventually gaining an army that's bigger than my neighbours (yay!). So, what do I do? I decide to declare on Lithuania for my precious Ostpreussen back. Unfortunately Poland was caught up in a war with the Ottomans and losing pretty badly, so to reach Ostpreussen I had to declare on Poland too. Being stronger than Poland and Lithuania I figured this would be pretty easy. But of course luck wasn't on my side.

I won the first battles, but lost almost all my troops. With my manpower still being pretty terrible this meant my army was pretty much non-existent and ready to be mopped up by Lithuania's now superior forces. I also made the mistake of not looking at Sweden (Lithuania's ally) and suddenly saw that Sweden now owns almost all of Scandinavia and could pack quite the punch. I managed to peace out with Sweden, but at the cost of Niederlausitz and my vassal Anhalt.

Then Poland peaced out with the Ottomans, which immediately raised their war enthousiasm from low to high, barring me from peacing out and taking Danzig and Ermland as trophies. Also, because my armies are completely routed, I'm now fighting against a full-strength Poland, a full-strength Austria and a full-strength Lithuania with nothing but a few troops from my vassals.

Damn my overeagerness in declaring war.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I think there should be a new rule. Players should not be able to take advantage of the situation when the AI screws another player over.

CloudWolf

Portugal was the cause of a player vs. player war though, ZZMitch came into the game to find out that the AI had started a war against France for him.

Kabouter

Portugal was the cause of a player vs. player war though, ZZMitch came into the game to find out that the AI had started a war against France for him.

True. Actually, started a war against another player nation who wasn't there (Roboleon's Bavaria). Crazy scenario tbh.

Oh well, glad I wasn't caught up in all that as Muscovy. Just fighting AIs. Hope Colkate doesn't hate how I did too much.

Morfeo

I think there should be a new rule. Players should not be able to take advantage of the situation when the AI screws another player over.

Will be very hard to define this though, when the AI plays, it always screws us up. How much is enough for not being able to screw over? How long would Fanboi have to wait before he could do something? What if he had planned it all along? I dont know, but I feel this is unfortunately a part of the game, at least if we can not find a very easy definable and applicable rule. Feel sorry for ZZM for what happened to him tonight though :(

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR:

As expected England started again a war against me this session and I got out of it by losing one province. To ramp up the good news I got a 2-0-3 queen with low legitimacy and thus pretender rebels in Ireland. I have also a 2-0-3 heir. Actually the pretender is a 4-3-2, which I prefer, but he can't impose himself just with the provinces from Ireland. So, I'm practically in a stalemate for now.

Luckily in the colonies I'm doing good enough (but no match for how well Haly is doing there, deh .. money talk). I finished another colony and conquered 2 native provinces, while going all out on colonies trying to outpace England in their conquest of the British Islands.

Given how bad did my AI in the colonization race, I'm happy enough with the things.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Hansa AAR
11/9/1505 - 8/7/1517

Summary: Colonization is fun! I love subjugating natives and watching my bars go up.

Took the last of the Danish islands save for their capital. Hopefully I'll get to that before Sweden does. I should Vassalize them actually, I wonder if they're within range. In other news, Sweden is getting to be monstrous. Gonna need to work with Muscovy to take them down soon.

*WE INTERRUPT THIS AAR TO BRING YOU IMPORTANT NEWS FROM THE HRE FRONT*

Up-and-coming power that was Venice was annihilated thanks to AI shenanigans. Brandenburg, on the other hand, managed to get itself two giant vassals, despite getting pummeled over and over again during the 15th century. They were on track to become the new dominant power in the HRE, before ex-Emperor Austria decided to liberate the Bohemian homelands from Brandenburg. While all this was happening, Bavaria, working quietly in the shadows, chipped away at surrounding provinces and is now as large as Austria, if not larger. This concludes the HRE Report.

*WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED AAR*

Provinces Gained: Nordjylland, Fyn, Lolland, Santee, Chesapeake
Colonies Gained: Yamasee, Pamlico, Tuscarora

Morfeo

AAR:

Fought my usual rebels, and then went to liberate Delhi. Unfortunately, the crazy Timurid player decided to give them a province so I couldnt vassalize them, so I ended up taking one prov and getting a one prov vassal from them instead. Also annexed one of the smaller nations in the eastern himalayas.

Then fougth an alliance of Mewar and Bengal, both were just one province too big for vassalization, so I said "fuck it" and just took as much as I could, which gave me 184% overextention. Then had to release a ton of vassals to get it down, which now makes India pretty fragmented again, but at least its getting closer to all become under one peaceful overlord!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom