• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2016 |OT| San Marino: "I didn't know - anyone but Serhat :("

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year has a distinct lack of memorable songs/melodies. Iceland was probably the most favorable in that department, but oh well. :/

NEED to get out of the this power ballad rut.

Best years: 2012, 2013.

Perfect mix of camp, show, high production- and entertainment values.
And the best songs <3

Yeah, pretty much. Though I will always think very fondly of 2014 for Calm After the Storm - my favorite ESC song.

G.ZZZ

The robot dance was amazing wow.

Our song is trash tier compared to what should've been sent, but ok. I guess we shouldn't send two potential winners in a row. Australia is ownage.

Dead Man

Having a horse in the race is messing with my normal modes of enjoyment of eurovision. Having her be good is doing an even bigger number on me. So confused lol. :)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I actually really liked that song back then. She performed really well, and it's a catchy song. Germany sent a lot of songs that were worse than Lou's, too.
Remember Gracia? That can only be described as an absolute disaster.
I honestly don't remember Gracia

oti

Banned
So what are everyone's plans for tonight? I would usually watch it with friends somewhere but I've been sick the last days and I don't want to push my luck. I'll stay home and watch it with you guys.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
So what are everyone's plans for tonight? I would usually watch it with friends somewhere but I've been sick the last days and I don't want to push my luck. I'll stay home and watch it with you guys.

same as every year since 2008.

My best friend and I will write in Line or Skype with each other while watching together, fiancée will sit besides me. We'll eat pizza and junk food and my fiancée even said that she will make me Bacon Jalapeno Popper Puffs.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Watch with parents, and get the iPad/phone to have this thread and twitter open. It'll be fun, it's like a yearly ritual.

I don't know anybody else who watches it so I'll be making sarcastic comments on here.

...UKs entry is pretty terrible...So are the rest of the grand finalists. Germany's tune is at least vaguely interesting.

Anybody able to point me one of the more over the top performances? That is what brings the entertainment here. The music is some of the worst our countries are able to produce.

laoni

It'll be 5am my time, so I'll be curled up in bed with my phone open on this thread. Most of my friends'll watch the second showing of the Grand Finale during Australian Prime Time TV, and be avoiding spoilers until then

Spyware

It'll be 5am my time, so I'll be curled up in bed with my phone open on this thread. Most of my friends'll watch the second showing of the Grand Finale during Australian Prime Time TV, and be avoiding spoilers until then

I imagine that will be hard if you win it all :D

3am my time. It's going to be grand. Peeps are coming over. I probably should sleep sometime in the mean time but I have all the strudel waiting. Proper Europe food.

Jasup

I'm planning on watching this at home with nothing special planned. Eurovision is special enough as is.
I will be in touch with friends who are also watching and of course I'll be posting on this thread.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Heading to Bulgaria this summer. So I hope their song wins. Just heard about this show.

How can I watch this in the states? And what time does it start eastern standard time

Jasup

Heading to Bulgaria this summer. So I hope their song wins. Just heard about this show.

How can I watch this in the states? And what time does it start eastern standard time

It's on Logo TV and starts at 3pm EST
There are also several streams available.

Also keep in mind that for first timers watching Eurovision might be a bit baffling.

Kinokou

I talked someone into providing their projector so we will host a small amount of people, snacks and some drinks. Super excited!

The only people who'd be salty about it would be those that don't watch the contest anyway but love to complain about it.
See the several drive-by posts in here. :p

Jasup

If you really think this is a serious competition between countries, then you might not have a grasp on what Eurovision is.

oti

Banned
If you really think this is a serious competition between countries, then you might not have a grasp on what Eurovision is.

tumblr_inline_non4vvGuyx1r5ziuv_500.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What is something new with voting this year?

Also, start drinking please, 80 minutes to go

Watching Eurovision sober is not half as fun as being just a bit tipsy

Carcetti

Hoping for an Australia win. The salt from Europeans on Twitter will be glorious.

This is an absolutely clueless post. Why would anyone be angry about that? It's not an actual competetition, more like a live-action meme show from before net memes existed. People will just add it to their Eurovision night drinking game list:

- Take a drink every time a non-European country wins Eurovision

The only salt is when a country like UK gets zero points and they savage each other for picking the wrong song, again.

Israel has been taking part in Eurovision for over 40 years now, they won 3 times, and people still are oblivious and ask why Israel is participating - people who weren't even born when Israel won for the first time in the late 70s. Ignorance will remain.

What is something new with voting this year?

Basically, since Italy would've won by televote last year but only got third due to the jury votes, instead of combining jury and televotes into a 50:50 vote, they're gonna be presented as split, and now there's gonna be double the points.

Jasup

This is an absolutely clueless post. Why would anyone be angry about that? It's not an actual competetition, more like a live-action meme show from before net memes existed. People will just add it to their Eurovision night drinking game list:

- Take a drink every time a non-European country wins Eurovision

The only salt is when a country like UK gets zero points and they savage each other for picking the wrong song, again.

Yes
Sure, there will be the feigned national outrage displayed during the vote result phase. But it's part of the Eurovision tradition.

I'm hyped! I'm not from Europe but I love this time of the year haha I've been watching Eurovision since 2010

My favorites to win: Ukraine, Australia and Armenia (Spain's song is my favorite but I don't believe that it have chances to win :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom