• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2016 |OT| San Marino: "I didn't know - anyone but Serhat :("

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoRu

Aww yiss. Belgium through to the finals.

giphy.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yes we failed again.

People already posting question to national TV if it is even worth all the money for these year to year failurs

Dee Dee

I am not mad about Belarus missing out, the fact that Georgia is in and I will be able to have one song that my friends at the finale party don't completely hate with all their might is actually enjoyable.

"Hello supermarket delivery service? A million cans of beer to pre-order for saturday please."

Australia will be hard to top. They should give them the crown, they obviously actually want it and put effort in it.

MrPanic

Wow, this was a great semi-final. Definitely a higher standard than in the first one. I actually got to 10 songs this time. I guessed 7 out of 8 last semi-final (7/7 if you don't count my joke vote for san marino) so I'm quite confident my favorites will be close to the ones that actually go through. Here are my favorites (in order of participation):

- Latvia
- Israel
- Serbia
Macedonia
- Lithuania
- Australia
Slovenia
- Bulgaria
- Ukraine
- Belgium

(Honorable mentions to...
- Poland
- Georgia
...as I kinda liked those as well.)

8/10 correct and 10/12 right if you include my honorable mentions! Great job Europe, great taste actually persevered in both semi-finals this year!

Dee Dee

All you Georgia doubters need to see the based G:son light. He managed to get Cyprus into the finale already. Georgia was easy in comparison.

Dee Dee

if australia wins they'll have to pick a european country to host, which is our only chance to host so.. please pick us?

I am sorry if I missed it in my drunken stupor: You are British, I take it?

UK is a 90% bet for such a partnership, what with the commonwealth ties and what not. I see no reason why they wouldn't do that, unless maybe they go full troll and pick something absolutely random: Liechtenstein?

Jasup

Twitter is full of salty comment about Australia. I want Dami to win now, she deserve it anyway from technical stand point.

She was great.
I just don't get why people are salty about Australia. At least they're in the party because people agreed it'd be a fun idea, not because some megalomaniac leaders want to use it to boost their nationalist agenda.

oti

Banned
Twitter is full of salty comment about Australia. I want Dami to win now, she deserve it anyway from technical stand point.

If it wasn't for Ukraine and Australia's brain dead lyrics (which seeing her live doesn't matter though, she's that good) I'd totally be for Australia. I'd love to see France win but with that staging I don't think they care/deserve it, really.

If this will end up being a fight between Russia and Australia (Ukraine's entry is kinda weird and not as commercial) I'm all for Australia.

I think last year's rumours in case Australia had won, Germany would be the partnering country. But who knows. Let them win first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom