• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

Gnosis is pretty glorious. Great looking, fantastic stats. It's too good to fly honestly. Especially don't fly it if you're a newbie just because you can! People will be looking for it as a prize kill, and you certainly won't have the skills to back it up with just the minimum requirements. It's also worth ~200mil+, so not something you'd want to lose in any circumstance, especially if you have a net worth less than that.

And I don't think it's that you can't open some canisters, but that you'll open them but there won't be anything inside. Not sure on that, it's kind of weird. EVE PvE stuff has never been documented/dissected well. Certainly not to the extent that WoW has been datamined.

I just subscribed to EVE for the first time yesterday (I have been having a lot of fun with the trial, especially the military and security missions), and noticed a whole slew of goodies including that Gnosis ship.

I'm definitely keeping that safe in the hanger bay right now. I think I might hold onto it and sell it for a nice payday down the line.

I'm in a Condor ship right now (newbie ship, I know) and I just love how many high power / weapon slots it has. I feel like the Destroyer of NPC Pirates and Scallywags.

Gnosis is a super target from what I've been reading but hopefully if I save mine in the hanger until when the special edition that gives Gnosis and Blueprints of it more people will have it and attacking it will get old but by then I hope not to be a newbie anymore

I should be playing Monster Hunter on Wii U but Skill Points leveling is so much easier in this game you don't need much help to get your resource if you have the time. I like this kind of game.

Still learning as much as I can this time I am pretty much hooked in.

I may even get that collector's edition in a few months
KuGsj.gif

I just subscribed to EVE for the first time yesterday (I have been having a lot of fun with the trial, especially the military and security missions), and noticed a whole slew of goodies including that Gnosis ship.

I'm definitely keeping that safe in the hanger bay right now. I think I might hold onto it and sell it for a nice payday down the line.

I'm in a Condor ship right now (newbie ship, I know) and I just love how many high power / weapon slots it has. I feel like the Destroyer of NPC Pirates and Scallywags.

yeah condor is a very good beginner ship. i know plenty of vets who still fly in it and pack a wallop.

lost a drake doing something stupid today *sigh*

protip: if the enemy fleet has logi up, they wont care abotu station guns. and if you agress you have to tank for a full minute before you can dock up again.

what do you get for kills? there has to a reason why even a newbie who just on into his first ship from the first pod run gets dueling requests

I'll be checking auto reject in my prefs when I wake up

did not even have my guns yet that does not come until later - working on my 3rd character of the week

How much time/effort will it take to get to a point where I can perform orbital bombardments in regards to Dust 514? I don't have a PS3 but my girlfriend does, and I want to blow her mind next week with the feature when Dust goes live.

How much time/effort will it take to get to a point where I can perform orbital bombardments in regards to Dust 514? I don't have a PS3 but my girlfriend does, and I want to blow her mind next week with the feature when Dust goes live.

Pretty sure Dust is already live. And to answer your question - a couple weeks at most maybe? It's kind of complicated to actually accomplish though - not something you can really do casually to show off the feature.

so what are the risk with Autopilot travel if you can avoid low sec areas?

I would like to go to Jita with items to sell but I was wondering what are the risk of getting shot at while warping most of the time. Is it at the gates where it slows down for the next jump?

so what are the risk with Autopilot travel if you can avoid low sec areas?

I would like to go to Jita with items to sell but I was wondering what are the risk of getting shot at while warping most of the time. Is it at the gates where it slows down for the next jump?

suicide gankers.

they will scan down your inventory, determine if you carry loot worthy of dying for, and then come in with their alts to cash in on your wreck.

BUT like you said, if you avoid low sec you should be relatively safe, but you are NEVER 100% safe in Eve.

suicide gankers.

they will scan down your inventory, determine if you carry loot worthy of dying for, and then come in with their alts to cash in on your wreck.

BUT like you said, if you avoid low sec you should be relatively safe, but you are NEVER 100% safe in Eve.

Yeah this game is screwy lol

an Alt set up been learning how to run both on my old macbook pro
so far it is okay but I wonder if I can make a save run to Jita 25+ jumps away still have not seen which station is the trade hub I guess I'll sit on my 1billion + cargo until I learn more

any skills to stop your haul from being scanned? I'm guessing any skill worth buying is at those major trade hubs anyway :)

now that I have two clients running I need to find how those guys do multi-boxing when the cursor mirrors you move for both

Yeah this game is screwy lol

an Alt set up been learning how to run both on my old macbook pro
so far it is okay but I wonder if I can make a save run to Jita 25+ jumps away still have not seen which station is the trade hub I guess I'll sit on my 1billion + cargo until I learn more

any skills to stop your haul from being scanned? I'm guessing any skill worth buying is at those major trade hubs anyway :)

now that I have two clients running I need to find how those guys do multi-boxing when the cursor mirrors you move for both

If you aren't up for the move, there are several freight and moving coorps who will do it for a price. They have been around for years so they aren't going to run off with your stuff. The basic rule in EvE is never have anything in your cargo you can't afford to lose.

The biggest problem with autopilot is it doesn't warp you right to the gate, so you always have a travel time from the time you leave warp till you get to the gate. This time frame presents a long enough period where you can get scanned, webbed and killed before you have a chance to react. I would never roll out with 1 billion of anything in your inventory. You are better moving it closer to Jita bit by bit in order to sell it.

If you aren't up for the move, there are several freight and moving coorps who will do it for a price. They have been around for years so they aren't going to run off with your stuff. The basic rule in EvE is never have anything in your cargo you can't afford to lose.

The biggest problem with autopilot is it doesn't warp you right to the gate, so you always have a travel time from the time you leave warp till you get to the gate. This time frame presents a long enough period where you can get scanned, webbed and killed before you have a chance to react. I would never roll out with 1 billion of anything in your inventory. You are better moving it closer to Jita bit by bit in order to sell it.

any names for those movers? can they move ships?

are Plex lootable in your cargo? Just wondering why this in not a wallet protected thing

not sure if I'll move closer to Jita or Amarr for trade

I am hoping the game does not force me to join any Corps while training and if it does can I still go back to my beginning station and get my stuff?

as long as I can get my stuff later and that NPC station is not something that can get taken over by players I am good with later. I am in for the long run this time as long as my computer holds up.

Zeppelin

Started playing this a week or so ago. Mostly because of the Klepeck's excellent cover of the Iceland thing. I've mostly been working my way through the tutorials as well as been doing some mining. I'm enjoying myself quite a bit. It's a very tranquil and soothing game to play. The soundtrack is just great.

Not really sure where I want to take it from here. I think I'll keep mining for a while. Gotta get myself a barge. But after that... drug production, perhaps? :)

Neat thing I just recently noticed: when you set a destination for some distant solar system, it will plot the route between the stars on skybox of the solar system you're currently in. Cool detail.

Started playing this a week or so ago. Mostly because of the Klepeck's excellent cover of the Iceland thing. I've mostly been working my way through the tutorials as well as been doing some mining. I'm enjoying myself quite a bit. It's a very tranquil and soothing game to play. The soundtrack is just great.

Not really sure where I want to take it from here. I think I'll keep mining for a while. Gotta get myself a barge. But after that... drug production, perhaps? :)

Neat thing I just recently noticed: when you set a destination for some distant solar system, it will plot the route between the stars on skybox of the solar system you're currently in. Cool detail.

That's really recent. In the last patch or two. Still neat though!

Zeppelin

I'd just like to add that so far, all the people I've interacted with have been super nice. Well, except for the bastard who stole my drone, but someone took care of him after I put a price on his head... People in the Rookie chat channel are really helpful and you'll get answers to your questions pretty much instantly. I'm sure there are plenty of dicks out there too, but so far the newbie community has been great, which is a stark contrast to games like Dota which I dipped my toes into a couple of months ago.

I wonder how far a few weeks of training can take me

I have not interacted with Rookie chat at all to ask questions, I was not sure if anyone could access the chat therefore could draw scammers.

I've seen a lot of scams on local trade and markets already

I have not interacted with Rookie chat at all to ask questions, I was not sure if anyone could access the chat therefore could draw scammers.

as long as you keep track of your support skills.

when in doubt, train support. I.e mechanics, engineering, electronics. things that affect any ship/weapon you will fly.

support skills for gunnery affect every weapon type (specially advanced weapons).

core competency certificates are a good beginner guide in game for what skills to level up.

otherwise, a lot of people use EVEmon (highly reccomended) and the 30 day newbie plan by goons https://wiki.pleaseignore.com/wiki/Basic_30_day_Plan

how much loot do you have have? if you are thinking of moving i wouldnt mind hauling for you with my ingame alt hauler (up to 20k mass though).

as long as you keep track of your support skills.

when in doubt, train support. I.e mechanics, engineering, electronics. things that affect any ship/weapon you will fly.

support skills for gunnery affect every weapon type (specially advanced weapons).

core competency certificates are a good beginner guide in game for what skills to level up.

otherwise, a lot of people use EVEmon (highly reccomended) and the 30 day newbie plan by goons https://wiki.pleaseignore.com/wiki/Basic_30_day_Plan

how much loot do you have have? if you are thinking of moving i wouldnt mind hauling for you with my ingame alt hauler (up to 20k mass though).

not really moving anytime soon CCP seems to protect Rookie Systems a bit even though they are targeted by some at least I am safer learning here for a while and dealing with bugs on my mac version.

My haul is pretty much from the 10th Anni Gifts can you haul ships?

besides I am not sure what I'll be doing. I wish the game had a simple ship that you could use that could not attack anyone but it could not be attacked just to allow a newbie to take a tour of every place without podding

It seems like it is a good idea to train a lot even before those tutorials but then again they also give free skill books :p

enjoying it though

Zeppelin

I think the scam attempts are pretty cute. I travelled into Jita for the first time last night; local is absolutely filled with dubious offers. I think that just adds to the experience. In my experience people won't try to scam you in the Rookie channel. Most of the time you'll get multiple responses to a question anyway and should be able to deduce whether it's legit advice or not. :)

rookie chat was too packed full of people for me last night
I was never good with keeping up with fast moving chat.

I've been having a problem that maybe I'll ask support
I cannot seem to see Astroids even when I warp to 0m to a field they don't show up unless I am on a mission to mine them. Maybe it is my graphics setting no clue

had a very successful 8 hours of playing not missions or anything just reading and learning on my own about skills and was able to sell and purchase the things I needed put in some implants learned a bit about jump clones.

all of this seems like Deja Vu since I know I played some of this a few years ago I got off for many reasons one being a broken laptop I guess.

but now I am buying skill books and using that liked guide

I do have a question about Jumpclones it seems that you can use them to jump to them where you have them but you can use them for implants instead?

the worry about implants the expensive ones I have on right now just to speed up my training a little will be lost when I get podded but IF I am reading the info on jumpclones correctly it seems putting the implants on them you still get all the benefits as they would be on your medical clone but without the loss of implants when killed?

I am really enjoying the time with this game. With other games on consoles you have to have a set of skills on how to press buttons and perform character movements to win.

But this game is a lot of sitting around thinking and reading and thinking some more about what your goals are and how to get to them.

rookie chat was too packed full of people for me last night
I was never good with keeping up with fast moving chat.

I've been having a problem that maybe I'll ask support
I cannot seem to see Astroids even when I warp to 0m to a field they don't show up unless I am on a mission to mine them. Maybe it is my graphics setting no clue

had a very successful 8 hours of playing not missions or anything just reading and learning on my own about skills and was able to sell and purchase the things I needed put in some implants learned a bit about jump clones.

all of this seems like Deja Vu since I know I played some of this a few years ago I got off for many reasons one being a broken laptop I guess.

but now I am buying skill books and using that liked guide

I do have a question about Jumpclones it seems that you can use them to jump to them where you have them but you can use them for implants instead?

the worry about implants the expensive ones I have on right now just to speed up my training a little will be lost when I get podded but IF I am reading the info on jumpclones correctly it seems putting the implants on them you still get all the benefits as they would be on your medical clone but without the loss of implants when killed?

I am really enjoying the time with this game. With other games on consoles you have to have a set of skills on how to press buttons and perform character movements to win.

But this game is a lot of sitting around thinking and reading and thinking some more about what your goals are and how to get to them.

Living in high sec you should technically NEVER ever get podded. NPCs will never attack pods.

when your ship is about to blow up (you will be able to tell cause you will be into hull, and alarms start blaring) you should immediately look at your overview and start spamming warp to any random location. the key shortcut to warp is "S". "D" is the shortcut to warp somewhere and activate either the dock/stargate.

if you just want to fly around without being attacked/attack, just get into any shuttle *worth like 20-50k* and they warp almost as fast as pods.

and ships can be transported easier when packaged

thanks for the info mesmerMAN

so when you lose a ship you don't really harm your pod or implants and clone unless the person goes after the pod to kill it as well?

thanks for the shuttle tip will buy one ASAP to travel a bit.

I will need your moving services a week from now when I find a home

Onemic

resubbed for the 10th anniversary gifts and made a new character. First time making a Minmitar dude. Still not sure what I want to make him. Been thinking of making a fighter pilot, but I'm not sure of the skills I would need, thoughts?

...I will say, I always found it strange that while you can pick other ethnicities in the the other races,(You can pick an asian or white person in any of the 3 races) the only black person you can pick in the game is within the minmitar race. The race that is known for being tribalistic and have been enslaved for thousands of years :/

Woorloog

Banned
resubbed for the 10th anniversary gifts and made a new character. First time making a Minmitar dude. Still not sure

...I will say, I always found it strange that while you can pick other ethnicities in the the other races,(You can pick an asian or white person in any of the 3 races) the only black person you can pick in the game is within the minmitar race. The race that is known for being tribalistic and have been enslaved for thousands of years :/

I think you can make pretty dark skinned Gallenteans. At least nowadays.
Before the current character editor, don't think that was possible.

Onemic

I think you can make pretty dark skinned Gallenteans. At least nowadays.
Before the current character editor, don't think that was possible.

Ya, it definitely wasn't before, I was originally a Jin-Mei Gallente. I just checked the character creation editor and it is indeed possible, which is pretty cool.

With the gifts I received from EVE I think I might just stick with my original Gallente dude. I wanna use that ship :D

resubbed for the 10th anniversary gifts and made a new character. First time making a Minmitar dude. Still not sure what I want to make him. Been thinking of making a fighter pilot, but I'm not sure of the skills I would need, thoughts?

being black and was born on an island nation of enslave africans in the Caribbean I cannot fault EVE for copying the trends of civilization

I wanted to be a French / African which would tie in with my Haitian heritage but being as they are in Eve oh well. I did not like the ex-slaves having scrap junk ships at first but it grew on me.

So them having that background made it harder not to choose them even though I wanted nicer rookie ships but you can fly anything you train for.

My other issue was should I be a dude since I am male. Answer was the same as Monster Hunter, I don't want to have to look at a dude for years playing this.

I think my toon looks really nice :3
Slavery still being part of the gameplay as you can free them is a really in your face kinda game so I like it because this is what humans would have done. They keep it real.

55,000 weekend people? I guess the action is weekends in Eve I saw only half this number ever on at one time.

being black and was born on an island nation of enslave africans in the Caribbean I cannot fault EVE for copying the trends of civilization

I wanted to be a French / African which would tie in with my Haitian heritage but being as they are in Eve oh well. I did not like the ex-slaves having scrap junk ships at first but it grew on me.

So them having that background made it harder not to choose them even though I wanted nicer rookie ships but you can fly anything you train for.

My other issue was should I be a dude since I am male. Answer was the same as Monster Hunter, I don't want to have to look at a dude for years playing this.

Slavery still being part of the gameplay as you can free them is a really in your face kinda game so I like it because this is what humans would have done. They keep it real.

55,000 weekend people? I guess the action is weekends in Eve I saw only half this number ever on at one time.

Always peaks on Saturdays and Sundays. That's sort of one of the nice things about EVE that you don't see with other MMOs is the exact number of players on the server. Other MMOs obscure it with terms like high, medium, etc.

And it makes sense considering there isn't really any weekly clock that PvE is running on like you get with raids in WoW and other games, not to mention the fact that EVE skews older.

Always peaks on Saturdays and Sundays. That's sort of one of the nice things about EVE that you don't see with other MMOs is the exact number of players on the server. Other MMOs obscure it with terms like high, medium, etc.

And it makes sense considering there isn't really any weekly clock that PvE is running on like you get with raids in WoW and other games, not to mention the fact that EVE skews older.

very nice indeed it seems you can get a lot of trading and business done, with more buyers and sellers. It seems older players with lives and families have made the weekends the times to get around in EVE

Have been busy today so had no time to undock I will later tonight

Onemic

It's not that its weird that the Minimitar race takes inspiration from civilization, it's that it's the only race you can play if you want to play as a black person. I just wish there was as much choice given towards other ethnicities.

Is there a guide for people that want to become an arms or ship dealer? Been thinking about gearing my toon towards that and being a pvp fighter pilot.

Incursion is so ridiculous. You can make enough for 1 month of sub in like, 9 hours of doing incursions.

10 mil per 10 minutes. 60 mil per hour. 540 mil per 9 hours. Play one weekend and you just paid off an entire month.

Onemic

Incursion is so ridiculous. You can make enough for 1 month of sub in like, 9 hours of doing incursions.

10 mil per 10 minutes. 60 mil per hour. 540 mil per 9 hours. Play one weekend and you just paid off an entire month.

how?

I'm guessing you have to be a pretty experienced Eve player to be able to do this

anyone use AECS to get 8.0 for jumpclones

my question is what happens if you only trained enough for 3 clones and you are out after the 4 day limit does this mean you cannot add 2 more clones because you lost your 8.0 level?

thanks for the shuttle tip

I had a cheap shuttle ride to Jita just now 22 jumps
only 1 warning scan but out ran them need to invest in fast shuttles

what Moon Station is the Big Trade Center in Jita?

I am only here to intall a Jumpclone hope to learn how to implant jumpclones

I can do some serious skill book shopping while I am here

thanks for the shuttle tip

I had a cheap shuttle ride to Jita just now 22 jumps
only 1 warning scan but out ran them need to invest in fast shuttles

what Moon Station is the Big Trade Center in Jita?

I am only here to intall a Jumpclone hope to learn how to implant jumpclones

I can do some serious skill book shopping while I am here

Jita 4-4 (Caldari Navy Assembly Plant). And don't buy skillbooks at Jita - they'll be cheaper at one of the school locations where they're sold by NPCs. Any skillbooks sold at Jita are by scalpers who could be making anywhere from ample profit to huge margins.

Jita 4-4 (Caldari Navy Assembly Plant). And don't buy skillbooks at Jita - they'll be cheaper at one of the school locations where they're sold by NPCs. Any skillbooks sold at Jita are by scalpers who could be making anywhere from ample profit to huge margins.

thanks for the tip I'll go look for a school nearby

edit: so many things to train. No matter what ship I buy it does not matter if I did not train to fly i well beyond the basics lol

thanks for the tip I'll go look for a school nearby

edit: so many things to train. No matter what ship I buy it does not matter if I did not train to fly i well beyond the basics lol

As a newb, I've quickly learned that this game is about "finding your path" and training completely toward that path.

For example, I like combat, but I'd rather be tanky bait than be a DPS monster, so I'm trying to find a good skill path and am looking into ships that would act as a nice, fat tank for my corporation. I don't know what that skill path should be yet, but I'm just about to finish my Core Competency skills so I better find it sooner than later.

Onemic

I want to become an arms or ship manufacturer and pvp/pve - dps guy. Are there any guides that would point me toward the right direction for this?

As a newb, I've quickly learned that this game is about "finding your path" and training completely toward that path.

For example, I like combat, but I'd rather be tanky bait than be a DPS monster, so I'm trying to find a good skill path and am looking into ships that would act as a nice, fat tank for my corporation. I don't know what that skill path should be yet, but I'm just about to finish my Core Competency skills so I better find it sooner than later.

my trouble with EVE is these many paths

I just read earlier today someone selling a Wormhole on the EVE boards I saw there were actioning off all sorts of things like Titans but the selling price of 400mil for a wormhole makes me wonder. So it lead to an all day read about Wormhole living and exploration and Sleepers and Scanning. Leading to more reading about POS building and defending. Class of Wormholes class of exits lol

so this post said something like this
#1Posted: 2013.05.12 10:32 | Report
Wormhole is a C3 wormhole with static U210.

Planets:
121452 I - (Planet (Lava))
J121452 II - (Planet (Barren))
J121452 III - (Planet (Barren))
J121452 IV - (Planet (Gas))
J121452 V - (Planet (Storm))
J121452 VI - (Planet (Gas))
J121452 VII - (Planet (Temperate))
J121452 VIII - (Planet (Ice))

http://staticmapper.com/index.php?system=J121452

We evicted two corporations two weeks ago. They put up no defense and show no sign of return so I am selling the space and moving on.

Player owned customs offices are owned by previous corporations. Public tax rate for 3 POCO's is 5% and 10% for the others.

Price 400mil

so it just got me to thinking about it since I was sitting on 400mil

but then I see the words evicted two corps and put up no defense and I was thinking so this group is in the business of attacking WH corps and selling off the area once they drove them off

the second post is
I have had two offers so far. Both are below 400mil so this will stay open for a few more days.

My sale proccess is this: you give me half the money, I give you the entry to put a scan frigate in. Once you are happy there you pay the rest of the money and I leave. You need to do all the set up yourself.

If you want to deal with a third party for the transfer I am fine with that but I would want you to pay the fees for that service.

my other red flag went off... Leave? Just cloaking would be enough to fool a newbie like me so I would be the next target buying that.

One thing is from that one post I learned so much from one tiny but major aspect of EVE

I want to make it a goal to one day enter w-space and build a large POS that is heavily defended and keep it.

but that is many months of training away not to mention cost of paying for that.

I would like to do these things alone though. Soloing a Wormhole is not easy at least not when you get to C3 levels

but this game me a goal, I read the next expansion will have more to do with exploration and giving people more reasons to go into lowsec so maybe the economy for WHs will get even more popular.

this game is so strange

I want to become an arms or ship manufacturer and pvp/pve - dps guy. Are there any guides that would point me toward the right direction for this?

there are no real guides to EVE you can google a subject and find many wiki details about the steps to get there but being successful and things you have so many others doing will prove to be hard. Join a Corp already doing this and they will help you learn. But for me I am soloing on Skill training alone I am not even paying attention to the Tutorials anymore I'll get back to them once all my support skills and interest skills are high enough

you are talking industry science and trade for your focus which leads to a lot of other skills you might need to train to get there

every wiki or guide I've been reading has a little note "I cannot tell you all the secrets, I keep those for myself" type of thing

so mostly they are saying everyone they share info with is a potential competitor in the market

Onemic

hmm, I'm guessing manufacturing and mercenary work are full time jobs, so would it be better to split the two between two different toons? So one character that is solely a mercenary and one that is solely a manufacturer, or is it possible to mix the two?

Also, is there any type of gaf corp?

Woorloog

Banned
hmm, I'm guessing manufacturing and mercenary work are full time jobs, so would it be better to split the two between two different toons? So one character that is solely a mercenary and one that is solely a manufacturer, or is it possible to mix the two?

Also, is there any type of gaf corp?

AFAIk, practically everyone splits manufacturer and combat beetween accounts (not just characters, for you can have skills training only on one at time).
Skills you know? One character has attributes chosen to boost manufacturing etc. skill training, the other has combat or some such attributes and skill-plan.
You coud theoretically mix them, but that is inefficient use of time.
Multiple accounts would cost more money of course, unless you can finance them with in-game money.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Onemic

AFAIk, practically everyone splits manufacturer and combat beetween accounts (not just characters, for you can have skills training only on one at time).
Skills you know? One character has attributes chosen to boost manufacturing etc. skill training, the other has combat or some such attributes and skill-plan.
You coud theoretically mix them, but that is inefficient use of time.
Multiple accounts would cost more money of course, unless you can finance them with in-game money.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

hmm is it possible to mix manufacturing/exploring or is that also something that should be specific to a character?

I can't buy two accounts, so I guess for the manufacturing/combat front, I'll focus on my manufacturing toon for now and switch to my combat toon later.

Woorloog

Banned
hmm is it possible to mix manufacturing/exploring or is that also something that should be specific to a character?

I can't buy two accounts, so I guess for the manufacturing/combat front, I'll focus on my manufacturing toon for now and switch to my combat toon later.

Then you're probably better off mixing them in some way, alt character on an account is practically worthless if it ain't training skills (there's always something to be improved).
Build up some skills for one discipline and then start the other. EDIT i mean, like build up some combat skills, then start manufacturing training while doing combat. Of course, you need rather static, specific type of combat for this. I think.
Not sure.

Onemic

Then you're probably better off mixing them in some way, alt character on an account is practically worthless if it ain't training skills (there's always something to be improved).
Build up some skills for one discipline and then start the other. EDIT i mean, like build up some combat skills, then start manufacturing training while doing combat. Of course, you need rather static, specific type of combat for this. I think.
Not sure.

ok thanks.

Im deciding between explorer and ship manufacturer. What does an explorer do exactly?

Onemic

did you do the exploration tutorial yet?

I think I did maybe 5 years ago. I know it has something to do with laying probes everywhere and you can find wormholes. Can you only find wormholes and deadspace by going deep into the explorer profession or can anyone do it to a certain degree?

Woorloog

Banned
Exploration is a bit more than just finding wormholes.
Basics are that you use the ship's scanner and probes to locate various things.
Then you visit those things, kill the pirates, use archeology/hacking and scavenging to loot stuff, perhaps mine gases and minerals, and then scan for more places, repeat.
Or sell the locations? Not sure if anyone would bother buying those though.

I think you ideally would have a friend for exploration as well, so that one can do scanning and other things, the other can do combat and mining. Or something like that, otherwise you need to constantly swap ships and equipment.

If i were still playing EVE, exploration would be what i'd do.
Unfortunately can't really afford playing EVE now. *Sigh. There ain't any other proper space games at the moment...

Onemic

Exploration is a bit more than just finding wormholes.
Basics are that you use the ship's scanner and probes to locate various things.
Then you visit those things, kill the pirates, use archeology/hacking and scavenging to loot stuff, perhaps mine gases and minerals, and then scan for more places, repeat.
Or sell the locations? Not sure if anyone would bother buying those though.

I think you ideally would have a friend for exploration as well, so that one can do scanning and other things, the other can do combat and mining. Or something like that, otherwise you need to constantly swap ships and equipment.

If i were still playing EVE, exploration would be what i'd do.
Unfortunately can't really afford playing EVE now. *Sigh. There ain't any other proper space games at the moment...

Aw man, I guess ship manufacturer is the way for me then since I don't know anyone in the game. I didn't think about constantly having to switch equipment.

Top Bottom