• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

the only best deal out of that is the cerebral accelerator. But it will only work for the first 30 days of your account.

found out the hard way buy clone jumping and losing the effects of mines

Prototype Cerebral Accelerator is the first 14 days only type with an amazing +9 to all attributes

Advance Cerebral Accelerator the first 7 day one but not sure of the +number will check (edit: Bonuses: +17 to all attributes holy shit!)

Standard Cerebral Accelerator +3 to all attributes for the first 35 days

the point is this deal gives you the +9 first 14 days version

True...
Always found it funny that EVE has integral web-browser. And calculator, and notepad. Seriously, does any other MMO have those?

I've used the calculator on more than one occasion. Probably won't anymore since getting an iPhone and having that almost always on my person.

In-game browser can be convenient for Eve-Survival pages, but with 2+ monitors it's not necessary.

it's easier to alt-tab like me
I was wondering if there was a faster way out of fullscreen mode on my mac to get to the chrome browser and still run EVE, I just know I am doing it all wrong it is not like I even know how to use OSX anymore with all the fancy changes :)

I'm surprised you had a jump clone within your first game month

just reading too many things and just found services and ways to do it I have 4 jump clones. I just forgot I had this booster running and screwed it up. Wasting a lot of $ and ISK just to enjoy this game. Give me a break from my Wii U depression lol software delays gave me enough cash for EVE

This is my second time trying to get into EVE so I am retreading a lot of the same paths and having Deja Vu feelings like I've done this before. Not sure if my old .mac email had an EVE account but my current gmail account had one I just found. But this recent try I paid for two accounts so just trying everything as early as possible should take months just to get to the good stuff.

Also a question for the $4 deal: I have old character 3 years ago I am thinking of reviving it is still on trial status but locked just asked support about it and reset the password so I was wondering if the $4 thing above on this page would work. It is a 3 year old character but never trained much.

just had a long read about the HULK being the king in mining and now I want to train to fly one lol

not even sure which direction I'll end up but would like to get to a point of making my own ISK and never using cash again heh heh

just had a long read about the HULK being the king in mining and now I want to train to fly one lol

not even sure which direction I'll end up but would like to get to a point of making my own ISK and never using cash again heh heh

incursions. i've made enough doing it in the last 3 weeks to pay for like almost 4 months of plex now. it's just play easy money. 100 mil per hour.

incursions. i've made enough doing it in the last 3 weeks to pay for like almost 4 months of plex now. it's just play easy money. 100 mil per hour.

well you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

i read a lil bit of your link this afternoon during work and i was intrigued with the incursion idea, but it looks like its a dog-eat-dog world in terms of finding people to let you fly with them.

is there a skill guide or specific fit would recommend for a caldari based char?

i'm 2 days away from BC 5 too. i can train for anything afterwards, i don't mind spending a cpl weeks training for the basics incursion setups given that Red-vs-Blue has us on fucking lockdown for what appears to be a long time. i'm debating leaving my corp in the meantime and riding the storm out doing incursions for cash. Have to justify the damn plexes i sold somehow!

well you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

i read a lil bit of your link this afternoon during work and i was intrigued with the incursion idea, but it looks like its a dog-eat-dog world in terms of finding people to let you fly with them.

is there a skill guide or specific fit would recommend for a caldari based char?

i'm 2 days away from BC 5 too. i can train for anything afterwards, i don't mind spending a cpl weeks training for the basics incursion setups given that Red-vs-Blue has us on fucking lockdown for what appears to be a long time. i'm debating leaving my corp in the meantime and riding the storm out doing incursions for cash.

get yourself a battleship fit. Join the channel, "Lv6" They'll help you fit your ship. You just gotta make sure you have all the necessary skills to actively contribute (do damage or heal as a logistic ship), and stay alive (core defense skills trained up).

If you follow the link, there's quite a few channel where it's intro into incursions, so the FC there are very lenient and nice to teach you the rope, as to what to fit, and what to kill at each site. They're literally holding your hands and telling you each individual steps. I like Lv6 the most

basically, you should have the skills to fit T2 adaptive invul, T2 tracking computers, T2 damage controls, T2 gyro (or damage increaser). You can use Meta 4 guns.

get yourself a battleship fit. Join the channel, "Lv6" They'll help you fit your ship. You just gotta make sure you have all the necessary skills to actively contribute (do damage or heal as a logistic ship), and stay alive (core defense skills trained up).

If you follow the link, there's quite a few channel where it's intro into incursions, so the FC there are very lenient and nice to teach you the rope, as to what to fit, and what to kill at each site. They're literally holding your hands and telling you each individual steps. I like Lv6 the most

basically, you should have the skills to fit T2 adaptive invul, T2 tracking computers, T2 damage controls, T2 gyro (or damage increaser). You can use Meta 4 guns.

what link?

I am just a newbie don't have a battle ship but the ISK sounds good. Could this well dry up in the next upgrade or is this easy money all the time?

do you need stuff like TeamSpeak? Joining a corp?

what link?

I am just a newbie don't have a battle ship but the ISK sounds good. Could this well dry up in the next upgrade or is this easy money all the time?

do you need stuff like TeamSpeak? Joining a corp?

i posted a link on the previous page. Nah, I don't imagining it changing anytime soon.

Yes, you need teamspeak. No, you do not need to join a corp. You just gotta join a play-based run community, like Lv6 or the valhalla project, or etc etc. click on the link i posted in the previous page.

If you can't run battleship yet, then dont bother trying to do it. They might take a T3 battlecruiser, but you're on the low end of prorities.

You can however, join as a T2 support cruisers to heal as a logistic fliers. but those take other skills of their own

i posted a link on the previous page. Nah, I don't imagining it changing anytime soon.

Yes, you need teamspeak. No, you do not need to join a corp. You just gotta join a play-based run community, like Lv6 or the valhalla project, or etc etc. click on the link i posted in the previous page.

If you can't run battleship yet, then dont bother trying to do it. They might take a T3 battlecruiser, but you're on the low end of prorities.

You can however, join as a T2 support cruisers to heal as a logistic fliers. but those take other skills of their own

yeah I am a few pages into that thread it will take me some time to reach those goals but sounds fun.

I'll keep it in mind as something else to train towards only about a week away from training these skills

yeah I am a few pages into that thread it will take me some time to reach those goals but sounds fun.

I'll keep it in mind as something else to train towards only about a week away from training these skills

doing something like this is not something you can do within 2-3 months of playing. You need like 4 months worth of skill training to get to be able to do incursions.

I started late Nov. FInally got the skills up by late April. In the mean time, you can do lvl 1, then lvl 2, then lvl 3 and finally 4 to make some money towards plex.

You can make decent money doing Lvl4s

doing something like this is not something you can do within 2-3 months of playing. You need like 4 months worth of skill training to get to be able to do incursions.

I started late Nov. FInally got the skills up by late April. In the mean time, you can do lvl 1, then lvl 2, then lvl 3 and finally 4 to make some money towards plex.

You can make decent money doing Lvl4s

My EVE toon is jealous of your avatar! who is dat?

yeah read some more this is far from now besides I need to get some combat training before begging to join some elite fleets :p

where can you go see a Titan early as a noob?

Caldari Navy Leviathan maybe? why can't I just go out and look at big ass ships without getting popped?

edit: yup I'm going to be a highly cloaked 0.0 tourist one day

where can you go see a Titan early as a noob?

Caldari Navy Leviathan maybe? why can't I just go out and look at big ass ships without getting popped?

edit: yup I'm going to be a highly cloaked 0.0 tourist one day

it might be easier to try and join one of the bigger alliances if you want to see a titan. as for where, they only exist in either low or nullsec

it might be easier to try and join one of the bigger alliances if you want to see a titan. as for where, they only exist in either low or nullsec

just read this on EVE forums

Even if you make it into a null sec corp that has Titan and uses them for combat, you might not actually get to see them fight it out. They're generally not broadcasted unless you're in a cap/supercap and often when they do fight its so utterly one sided the smaller team buggers off ASAP!

to me it seems the player ones cost so much ISK and time to get they are highly protective of them anyway. So joining up and seeing one does not sound so easy yet most of these guys seem to think they are boring ships because they are way overpowered

another interesting post

As mentioned above there is a NPC Titan in luminare. It doesn't do much but sit there. Occasionally you'll see peeps fire on it & speedtank the BS's guarding it to farm Caldari tags. I think it was at least once destroyed by the goons & came back after downtim.

If you want to see a PvE superCap go down it happens around twice a week in HI SEC incursions. You have to time it right though. Usuallly in your journal under incursions a constellation will be established, mobilized or withdrawing. If it is withdrawing and has a full BLUE ( not red ) bar burn quickly to it in the HQ system and look for the Kundalini Manifest site & D-Scan it. After it withdraws you have 30-60 minutes usually before a fleet of 60-80 destroy it. You can come into the site in a non noob or shuttle but there is a chance your ship will get killed (your POD can stay & watchyou'll be protected by Concord ) PODs also cannot activate the gate.

so have you seen them in your incursions?

It seems I have a few options early on... just trying to find things to pass the time while I train up skills for a few months

another post said
You could install the test server, and head over to 6-CZ49 to see some titans. They are seeded at the moment, so you will probably see a LOT of titans of many different flavours.

I will have to check out these test servers it sounds like a good place to learn stuff without losing ISK or your ships or affecting any gameplay.

just read this on EVE forums

to me it seems the player ones cost so much ISK and time to get they are highly protective of them anyway. So joining up and seeing one does not sound so easy yet most of these guys seem to think they are boring ships because they are way overpowered

another interesting post

so have you seen them in your incursions?

It seems I have a few options early on... just trying to find things to pass the time while I train up skills for a few months

another post said

I will have to check out these test servers it sounds like a good place to learn stuff without losing ISK or your ships or affecting any gameplay.

the biggest ship in incursion will be battleship. because it's all in high sec

only 15 jumps away from luminaire and I had my options set that I would never make a waypoint that went below 0.5 so this is the only NPC Titan and it is in High Sec?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
only 15 jumps away from luminaire and I had my options set that I would never make a waypoint that went below 0.5 so this is the only NPC Titan and it is in High Sec?

Yes.

Although I thought they removed it with Retribution.

Yes.

Although I thought they removed it with Retribution.

crap I did not read far enough into the tread to know it was gone... damn events of EVE ever changing.

I have not read so much for any game in my life lol

at least I am learning and stocking up on things I will need

Haly

I'm not certain, but I recall something about the Hisec titans being open to attack and finally being killed.

I really like some of the Amarr ships I was looking at the Loki and Tengu for my future cloaked exploring ships and saw the Amarr version of those cruisers that is a nice ship Legion but I have not read any good things about it. Amarr has some nice looking ships if not a little evil looking but it fit the story

so I am in the middle of working towards a Loki and Tengu but I also see the summer changes coming which changes what skills you need a bit.

It was killed in an event and crashed on a Dust planet

there was an event?

how can you crash on a DUST planet?

eot

Banned
Well, it showed up in Dust games is what I mean.
There's no mechanic for crashing on planets.

Also, the Legion is great but not so much for PvE content. For PvP though it's one of the best ships in the game.

man, i decided to join the pvp fleet for shits and giggles in a tackle atron. i flew around expecting to die as always. I decided that since i was going to die, i might as well overheat all my shit so the looters dont get squat from it. Here's what an overheated module Atron with a penchant for death resulted in:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17883336

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17883863

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17883579

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17883705

Haly

Lost a 200+ mil Ishtar getting out to Nullsec because derp.

The lesson I learned today: When you see a system that has 17 ships destroyed in the last hour, and a hawk that followed you to your next gate, DON'T GO INTO THE GATE.

I have much to learn... but still having fun. Now just collecting ships I might not even fly yet.

can you fit a shuttle inside a Tengu?

I want to go round up some shuttles I got a business idea

also with cross training I guess I'll take longer to fly the big ships I am not focusing on one race at all :(

Lost a 200+ mil Ishtar getting out to Nullsec because derp.

The lesson I learned today: When you see a system that has 17 ships destroyed in the last hour, and a hawk that followed you to your next gate, DON'T GO INTO THE GATE.

how can you tell if you are being followed?

Onemic

I have much to learn... but still having fun. Now just collecting ships I might not even fly yet.

can you fit a shuttle inside a Tengu?

I want to go round up some shuttles I got a business idea

also with cross training I guess I'll take longer to fly the big ships I am not focusing on one race at all :(

You can already fly a Tengu? Im guessing youve had your account for a while then?

Haly

When I jumped into the system, there was a hawk sitting on the gate. When I warped to the next stargate, the Hawk warped with me to the same gate.

Also the Hawk was -10 to my alliance so that wasn't encouraging.

You can already fly a Tengu? Im guessing youve had your account for a while then?

no no months away still just making plans buying stuff I need when I read about them

like the stuff I need to cloak and ops

stuff I need to escape bubbles

I don't want to go exploring to find my expensive ship cannot warp because I did not research

so while I train I am saving time by getting the stuff I need when I discover the names and can find it at market or below market prices

Onemic

no no months away still just making plans buying stuff I need when I read about them

like the stuff I need to cloak and ops

stuff I need to escape bubbles

I don't want to go exploring to find my expensive ship cannot warp because I did not research

so while I train I am saving time by getting the stuff I need when I discover the names and can find it at market or below market prices

My current plan for a ship manufacturer/explorer build will take me a good 430 days of training :(

I really need to learn to navigate 20+ jumps faster than my autopilot

AP is just a bad idea easy way to get ganked since you have high sec gate campers too

AP warps 15km from gates to approach leaving plenty of time to be dog food

I really need to learn how to manually do this faster with my mouse since I can choose to warp to zero instead minimizing the risk.

I saw this thread on EVE Online forums with some good ideas about adding Auto Pilot Skills you can train to do it better but like everything about EVE those who benefit from Autopilot being stupid want to keep it that way. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=467335

This game is set in the future with great technology and invention to keep things backwards just because gankers will need more skills to jump you at a gate sucks

My current plan for a ship manufacturer/explorer build will take me a good 430 days of training :(

EVE is a long term game that is why I have invested in more than 1 toon because I want to do different things

just think how you will feel if you stick with it for 430 days and see results of your long goal

I'm hoping to win the lottery in real life and buying diff characters with diff skillsets in EVE just to experience it all.

u don't really need to. u ust need like 4 accounts.

pvp, exploration, mining/manufacturing, and ceo

I like both ideas

I just started a new toon just now under my reopened account from 2009

3 accounts now and I'll probably get the collector's edition that comes out in October for my birthday present to myself heh

now sure if this account is buggy because I reopened it but it had no photo of the first toon so had to re-sculpt it but did not like that it was only 72,000 skill points and aged since 2009

so new character can take advantage of the boosters I missed out on so I create a new on

Smiles and Cries and went to skills to start training the basics and Electronics is training level 4? not sure I am reading this right

Shazzam6999

Neo Member
The multiple account thing gets old fast. I had four accounts at one point and ended up selling off the characters on two and now I only have two active accounts. You can combine accounts and toons eventually. My pvp toon also does exploration, which is fine and convenient if you have a decent 0.0 system. I have two manufacturing toons, but really you only need a few million skillpoints on a manufacturing toon so it's easy to have mutliples on one account, then I have my booster/logi alt on another account along with a cyno alt and a capital sitter, but the cyno and the sitter are toons that don't need to be trained past a certain point.

Maybe it's just because I hate multiboxing and trying to plex four accounts.

Gamble

Ok so I finally stopped procrastinating on this and grabbed it from Steam and I must say of all the MMO's I've played this games character creation has to be the most impressive to me which is odd since your character spends all of it's time in a spaceship.

Onemic

Ok so I finally stopped procrastinating on this and grabbed it from Steam and I must say of all the MMO's I've played this games character creation has to be the most impressive to me which is odd since your character spends all of it's time in a spaceship.

Ya, I wish they followed through on their in station stuff.

Any chance that they will finally add the in-station feature that they talked about a few years back? Captains quarters is cool for like a few minutes, and then you realize it's nothing special because you can't go anywhere or do anything different really.

Top Bottom