• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Bought a founder's pack. Where can I download the client? My SOE account has an old e-mail address that I can no longer access, so I hope I'm not boned.

Einbroch

Banned
Bought a founder's pack. Where can I download the client? My SOE account has an old e-mail address that I can no longer access, so I hope I'm not boned.

You are, kind of. I'm sure you can sort it out by emailing their customer support. But the link and such to download the game are emailed to you.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Any list of control bindings out there? Default camera is too close for my liking.

Check out your install folder.

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest Next Landmark\Tutorial

There are videos and pdfs to look at in there.

Bah. Why protect the client when I'm sure you're forced to log in to an authenticated account to play? :(

You're not boned. Check the forums for the link.

Violet_0

Banned
it's not a queue when my position goes up instead of down :mad:

pretty sure my claim is in a tier 1 region and I have to wait forever just to get my flag back. Everyone, move away from tier 1 regions immediately

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hmmm, maps are just full of claims right now. =/ Unless I'm not looking at things right.

Violet_0

Banned
seriously, the longer I wait the higher is my position in the queue. I was at position 2 just minutes ago, now I'm back to where I started 40 minutes later

KaOTiK

Banned
After looking around to make a claim somewhere and not being able too, I just started digging straight down. So far, after 90 mins or so of digging straight down (can't see the sky anymore lol), I've found squat, just dirt the entire time haha

Randy

After looking around to make a claim somewhere and not being able too, I just started digging straight down. So far, after 90 mins or so of digging straight down (can't see the sky anymore lol), I've found squat, just dirt the entire time haha

There are no caverns etc implemented yet.

Can't find my claim, my fps is all over the place, lots of crashes and no azerty/custom keybinds support. But I still like the overall concept, it does seem to be very fun and creative when it works.

KaOTiK

Banned
There are no caverns etc implemented yet.

Can't find my claim, my fps is all over the place, lots of crashes and no azerty/custom keybinds support. But I still like the overall concept, it does seem to be very fun and creative when it works.

I figured as much. At this point I'm thinking of just keep digging till I hit the bottom and see what happens :D

you have to be in the same region as the claim. If you log out the games moves you to a different region. Could also be a bug

e: well, I give up

Yeah, I build my claim on whatever continent i was on when i logged in. No idea what continent that is. I'm going to gather resources since i imagine they'll put a way to find your claim in the game soon. Also, just a warning to everyone that i saw on the forums: if you are told to type /home do not do so. This makes your character unusable and has to be deleted.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

You're not boned, you don't need the email (but I would update you account anyway). Once you buy it your account is flagged for alpha, you should see the alpha forums. In there is a link for the download.

lcbrus

The game keeps freezing on me and it's making it hard for me to even find a piece of land. Hopefully, they'll fix this soon.

KaOTiK

Banned
Game crashed when I was digging my never ending tunnel of doom and now when I hit the Play button it just sits there, bah :(

Absinthe

I am SO fucking hooked, was up till 5AM.

BTW those saying no claims, look closer. I just went to a zone that was fucking WIDE open. Just keep looking around =)

Game is VERY much an alpha, if you can't live with bugs, issues, etc. do NOT play this right now, but they are onto something VERY special.

For GAF chat, how do I join/talk in it?

I was up way to late as well. Once you find a decent claim area, which was relatively easy at first login, though after 3 hours or so it would have taken some time, everything starts to come together.

The alpha tag is no joke, I have a 2500k/GTX680, and get some really high CPU spikes during gameplay. For those having problems, look in the upper left and it will switch from CPU to GPU often, if you see CPU a lot check your task manager, it could be your CPU causing the slowdown.

In the graphics options, turn off voxel smoothing, it looks like cubeworld/mine craft.

So far I'm loving it. The crafting is great, modifying your claim and building platforms or deforming the ground is very satisfying once you figure out what everything does. Cannot wait to see what people come up with.

Absinthe

Just logged in this morning and guess I lost my claim. Its gone and so in my claim flag, which really sucks because I had already gotten a forge and crafting table.

Not sure if I will play again until this is fixed, if I cannot claim anything then there is no point in building anything.

Somnia

Just logged in this morning and guess I lost my claim. Its gone and so in my claim flag, which really sucks because I had already gotten a forge and crafting table.

Not sure if I will play again until this is fixed, if I cannot claim anything then there is no point in building anything.

I thought the same thing, nothing was showing up but I wasn't in my zone I claimed it in. When I went to the zone I claimed in it was there.

So is this game completely standalone from EQN? As in, what is the point of this game besides just being minecraft-like with a fantasty spin? What's the end-goal?

spirity

I played a bit earlier, but I can't now it seems. CTD's every time I try to log in.

Looks like its a common issue.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The goal for power-oriented people in Landmark is to make something awesome enough that SOE uses it in the main game (for notoriety) or a useful enough template that people buy it (for cash).

Personally, I'm just having fun building stuff.

Edit: GAHHhhhh after a crash it's playing the intro video again and I can't skip it. The agony!

Going to look around to see if I can find a good spot in a tier 3 zone. If so, apparently we can get our claim flags back by deleting our flags.

Absinthe

Spent over an hour trying to find my damn claim with no results; so frustrating.

If I had just known that I would need to write down my location from the beginning I would have but this is just ridiculous.

Its such a nightmare to go through the entire list and never find your claim even though you spent hours on it getting everything set up. I swear I've tried every single zone and still cannot find it, and I have no claim flag to start a new one plus everything is already claimed..

If this keeps up through the weekend and they don't figure this shit out I'm definitely getting my money back.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
How do you tell which Zone you are in?

Also, this looks like the fix:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php?threads/lost-claim-did-not-receive-flag.4757/

I guess I'll go through the whole list trying to find it.

Yeah, that was me :p

I didn't even know what zone I was in last night when I made my claim soon after the servers were up.

So is this game completely standalone from EQN? As in, what is the point of this game besides just being minecraft-like with a fantasty spin? What's the end-goal?

One of my end goals is to create stuff to sell for cash on their marketplace.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Spent over an hour trying to find my damn claim with no results; so frustrating.

If I had just known that I would need to write down my location from the beginning I would have but this is just ridiculous.

Its such a nightmare to go through the entire list and never find your claim even though you spent hours on it getting everything set up. I swear I've tried every single zone and still cannot find it, and I have no claim flag to start a new one plus everything is already claimed..

If this keeps up through the weekend and they don't figure this shit out I'm definitely getting my money back.

Are you on the right server? Right now when I select Courage it auto-switches to Liberation. But my claim is on Courage.

Absinthe

Are you on the right server? Right now when I select Courage it auto-switches to Liberation. But my claim is on Courage.

Pretty sure. I would select Courage because Liberation was not working last night.

I will check all the Liberation zones as well. It's just a frustrating experience that could have been easily avoided had the game ever informed me of which zone I was in.

Is there any good land left? Or do they keep opening up new servers for people to claim land in?

And more importantly, is the game actually fun? Or is this something that could become tiring after a few days?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
And more importantly, is the game actually fun? Or is this something that could become tiring after a few days?

It's an alpha. I suggest you wait if you don't have much interest in harvesting/building random crap. There are also tons of bugs and glitches that will annoy many people.

The game is considered 60% finished at this point, IIRC.

It's an alpha. I suggest you wait if you don't have much interest in harvesting/building random crap. There are also tons of bugs and glitches that will annoy many people.

The game is considered 60% finished at this point, IIRC.

What I mean is, is there enough to do right now that I wouldn't burn through it in a week (and I am pretty tolerant of alpha glitches)? Or is it pretty bare, and once you tinker around a bit then it becomes repetitive?

Violet_0

Banned
What I mean is, is there enough to do right now that I wouldn't burn through it in a week (and I am pretty tolerant of alpha glitches)? Or is it pretty bare, and once you tinker around a bit then it becomes repetitive?

the only thing you can do is build cool things. If that ain't for you, you should probably look elsewhere. The building tools are rather neat though

StudioTan

You harvest materials and you build stuff. You're basically only limited by your imagination on what you can build. So you make your own content, there are no quests or anything.

railGUN

Banned
So tempted to bite on this - love the concept.

I used to spend hundreds of hours building maps for various FPS back in the day, mostly Counter Strike Source maps.

atrossity

Banned
Those of you with the claim issues:

Join the less populated server. The starting area, as of 8 am this morning STILL DID HAVE claimable spots all over. They were just hard to find.

The thing about alpha is that they have created a buffer between claims that is huge. So when someone claims a mountain top, if its a small sized mountain, no one else can build on that mountain. So there is tiny little "alleyways" between these claim spots that someone can claim that is inbetween the buffer zones.

Too complicated for you to understand? Go to the starting area, click on the giant crystal, and warp to another "continent". Build outside of the grey boxes.

There is plenty of claimable land, it is just confusing and hard to see what can and cannot be build on at the moment. I foresee this as an easily fixable and quickly fixed issue.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Those of you with the claim issues:

Join the less populated server. The starting area, as of 8 am this morning STILL DID HAVE claimable spots all over. They were just hard to find.

As there is currently no way of indicating which server is less populated, this is currently just trial and error. Both servers population are "High."

It'll get fixed.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My recommendation now is to not buy in unless you have a high tolerance for frustration.

Still some flashes of brilliance in this game if you look hard enough, though.

Top Bottom