• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Has anyone actually got this yet? I'd love to see a few screenshots. :)

Yeaaaaah... don't hold your breath (see silly NDA discussion earlier).

Finally got launcher and everything, finally loaded the game :D. The download link from way earlier doesn't work for launching, but the download helps so you don't need to download again.

Really annoying me that I can't get on because my order is apparently in limbo. Would love to at least start the download before I go to bed.

don't know if i can play this. computer fan kicks on so hard. also. canned air. lol. so much dust inside. almost died opening it up.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yeaaaaah... don't hold your breath (see silly NDA discussion earlier).

Finally got launcher and everything, finally loaded the game :D. The download link from way earlier doesn't work for launching, but the download helps so you don't need to download again.

Damn it!

Trouble

Banned
I've been in for about 45 minutes.

Non-NDA breaking summary of my experience:
l56Nitn.jpg

FiraB

Banned
Launcher won't launch after I alt tabbed out....this is going to be a alpha alright, time to redownload it again.

Ashodin

Been in the game 45 min, made a claim, dug into the earth. Couldn't figure out how to repair my terrain. Gonna sleep on it and figure it out tomorrow. Will update front page later!

thinking of getting this, is there any gameplay at all?

Can someone please explain what this game is about? is it like WoW? i am watching a video and they saying the alpha will be about world building.

I wish Sony would show more so i can just jump in and buy. Don't really know what this is all about

LuRjDMn.png

All the motivation i needed. Purchased the $60 founder back. Can't wait!

So i can ask for a refund after playing the game?

demolitio

I wish I could buy this with all the Station Cash left over from Planetside 2. That was back when I had money and now it's just sitting on my account...lol.

Violet_0

Banned
Can someone please explain what this game is about? is it like WoW? i am watching a video and they saying the alpha will be about world building.

The way I understand it, there's going to be two games, Landmark and Everquest Next. Everquest Next is your typical MMO that is probably still a long way off, Landmark is sort of an in-game editor that plays a little like Minecraft and which will introduce some light MMO elements over the course of the beta. Your creations in Landmark might be used in Everquest Next later on

The way I understand it, there's going to be two games, Landmark and Everquest Next. Everquest Next is your typical MMO that is probably still a long way off, Landmark is sort of an in-game editor that plays a little like Minecraft and which will introduce some light MMO elements over the course of the beta. Your creations in Landmark might be used in Everquest Next later on

OH HMMM thanks for that. and how long will the alpha last? or was it just for last night?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I love the character models though. They really nailed the style on those.

Violet_0

Banned
I start the game, get laggy introduction video with lots of audio-skips. Alt-tab, game crashes, audio continues at normal speed. Start the game again, try to skip the video, game crashes again. Welp, I fear my PC won't be able to handle this

e: the default video options were on ultra -_-
crisis averted

jpax

Only to be sure there is no combat in this alpha so far, right? What I mean is it is still unclear what combat will be like?

Only to be sure there is no combat in this alpha so far, right? What I mean is it is still unclear what combat will be like?

I'm not bound by the NDA for what I played. No, there was no combat or mobs in the build I played yesterday.

Or water.

atrossity

Banned
Some guy is streaming on twitch right now if anyone wants to take a peek. He's aware (or maybe not, mostly doesn't care) of NDA.

http://www.twitch.tv/koawhkaine

It looks really laggy, and the its just a wood chopping marathon that I have seen so far..

but it still looks fun. I am really trying not to crack because the 60 dollar pack is really NOTHING more than a 2 month early release over the 20 dollar pack. The extra stuff is kinda crap imo

Fonds

I just accidently deleted a major part of the house I was building...

No way to restore it, 1 hour lost...

FUUUUUUU

jpax

I'm not bound by the NDA for what I played. No, there was no combat or mobs in the build I played yesterday.

Or water.

Do you have direct mouse controll like in Tera or indirect like in WoW GW2?
Interesting to know what they have in mind with combat controlls. If they have indirect mouse controlls we can be sure that the combat will not be action focused like in Tera.

Top Bottom