• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

I know Landmark is the more Minecrafty of the two titles, but (in this alpha at least) how much of the MMO side does it have? Tempted to grab one of the packs to jump in, but only if I can zoom around and look at what other people are building, not sure I'd create enough myself to warrant it.

Ashodin

I know Landmark is the more Minecrafty of the two titles, but (in this alpha at least) how much of the MMO side does it have? Tempted to grab one of the packs to jump in, but only if I can zoom around and look at what other people are building, not sure I'd create enough myself to warrant it.

Yeah there's no weapons or monsters yet I think.

Landmark = Minecrafty game

EQN = MMO that can use player creations created in Landmark

Ohhhhhhhhh!

Damn. That's a awesome freaking idea!

How much does the both of them cost ?

EDIT: I'm thinking that Landmark is just there where people create content, go crazy with the creation mechanics of the game. Is it Multiplayer or not ?

This sounds very awesome

Ashodin

Ohhhhhhhhh!

They're F2P, but if you want to play the Alpha right now, you can pay $60 or $100. $20 gets you into the beta later.

This is just for Landmark. EQN itself will be different(?) and is still unknown.

Einbroch

Banned
Ohhhhhhhhh!

Both F2P. Landmark makes money for SOE by selling the player created structures to players in EQN. The creator makes money and SOE gets a cut. It's the Dota 2 model.

KaOTiK

Banned
Posting codes in the twitch chat is just horrible :(
They really need to not be 1 use. Hell 100 uses would be fine, I mean this is an alpha only item they said right.

atrossity

Banned
so I keep seeing alpha will be released tonight, but did they say when specifically? I want to buy and start downloading now, but I would like to watch some videos of the alpha state (unofficial, undoctored footage) before I fork the cash

so I keep seeing alpha will be released tonight, but did they say when specifically? I want to buy and start downloading now, but I would like to watch some videos of the alpha state (unofficial, undoctored footage) before I fork the cash

most likely after the stream.

FiraB

Banned
Posting codes in the twitch chat is just horrible :(
They really need to not be 1 use. Hell 100 uses would be fine, I mean this is an alpha only item they said right.
Yeah I've used two of them just to be sure, which should flag that I have one already but it doesn't.

It's kinda nuts to get one but with copy and pasta, plus notepad, plus split browser windows ready to apply the copy and paste code... it's a trail in finger dex and mouse movement.

It may be listed under Station Account > Payment History.

This one was it, thanks a ton for the help. Was surprised to not see a page giving me confirmation or an email or anything and didn't want to order it a second time lol.

Excited to play.

Somnia

I have missed it if it was mentioned, but are there any dungeons/raids planned for the full release?

EQNL will have combat, etc. (though not tonight, its coming soon) but not like EQN. EQN will be the full on next gen MMO, this is more of a sandbox/minecraft/exploration focused game. The combat and stuff in this game will be focused on getting rare minerals, gear for crafting, etc.

Top Bottom