• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Milennia

EQNL will have combat, etc. (though not tonight, its coming soon) but not like EQN. EQN will be the full on next gen MMO, this is more of a sandbox/minecraft/exploration focused game. The combat and stuff in this game will be focused on getting rare minerals, gear for crafting, etc.

I don't think so. I think you're looking for EQN for that.

Ahhh i was confused then, thanks.

Still interested in this version as well, watching the celebration stream right now.

As excited as I am to play this, it might be worse than Minecraft... at least with Minecraft I could just IGNORE what everybody else made that destroyed my stuff... but now I am going to have to see constant reminders lol.

Ashodin

As excited as I am to play this, it might be worse than Minecraft... at least with Minecraft I could just IGNORE what everybody else made that destroyed my stuff... but now I am going to have to see constant reminders lol.

Go find a lonely plot in the middle of nowhere. You can do that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Watching this stream and I gotta say, Dave Georgeson comes across as a really likable guy.

Not yet. I'm sure someone will record it from the stream once it's over and put it up on the net. It was broadcasted to the world.

Thanks!

Not yet. I'm sure someone will record it from the stream once it's over and put it up on the net. It was broadcasted to the world.

Combat will come soon(TM).

Think of Landmark as an open world Minecraft MMOPRG while also being the test bed for EQ Next features.

dtg

Neo Member
I just remembered why I enjoy MC so much. Even though building things takes longer, it feels like you're actually making something by hand and not just spawning things out of thin air.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I'll be very curious how well the servers hold up tonight. Kind of feel like they're going to get absolutely slammed, but... does EverQuest still command that kind of attention these days?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be very curious how well the servers hold up tonight. Kind of feel like they're going to get absolutely slammed, but... does EverQuest still command that kind of attention these days?

Nothing compared to WoW, but I'm sure there are at least a few dozen thousand people excited for this.

Somnia

So it's just minecraft building? No fighting? is it just week alpha or is it forever until launch?

There is exploration, mining (etc), building, apparently there are some quests

combat is coming in the future

This is not just for a week, you will be in from today till the game goes live

Top Bottom