• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Number45

I misunderstood that one entirely it seems, it's not the type of shot you play at the hole (i.e. backspin, topspin etc.) but the control type (like the circle type, standard bar etc.). Well that makes it more attainable!

That'll just leave the water skipping and the albatross. Not looking forward to that one. :(

Jim

Soo close to (potentially) winning a daily last night. Was in 8th place with a -9 on the last Par 5, hit a beautiful chip with super topspin, hit the pin... did a rising shot and!!! falls in the cup and bounces out. Fuck!! So had to just take the birdie.

I hadn't played Arabian in a while since the dailies and GFs are always courses 1-4, but I couldn't get to sleep tonight and have been toolin around a little and was reminded... the Par 5's on this courses are something else, got damn! Beat my previous PB by 4 strokes and didn't smack into a damn hot air balloon thank goodness :p Annoying-ass things

neoemonk

I got stuck on the pro courses. I haven't been able to finish higher than eighth place on the second pro course after about ten attempts.

neoemonk

I read the past few pages after I posted and saw that I was getting stuck way too early. I played 3-2 a few more times and finally took first. Four birdies, two bogeys. Two of those birdies were chip ins and one was almost a 30 footer though, so I guess I got a bit lucky.

So I just got this and a Vita 2 days ago and I had a chance to start playing last night.
I love it so far... except I played a shit load of HSG5 and the little differences are driving me crazy. A few questions
-is the back camera angle gone. I mean the one where you are chipping close and you just switch to the behind angle. you can kind of rig that angle together by moving it way by moving the camera but I won't have the time in a tourney to do that.
-How do I get my putting line?!?! This is really bothering me. I just talking about the straight line coming off the putter you use to judge the break.
-I don't understand why, if I have an A rating in impact, that the width of the driving impact is only 1 space wide. It's screwing up most of my drives because I rarely hit perfect shots. Please don't tell me that every character with any stats has only that much driving impact, that's crazy

So I just got this and a Vita 2 days ago and I had a chance to start playing last night.
I love it so far... except I played a shit load of HSG5 and the little differences are driving me crazy. A few questions
-is the back camera angle gone. I mean the one where you are chipping close and you just switch to the behind angle. you can kind of rig that angle together by moving it way by moving the camera but I won't have the time in a tourney to do that.
-How do I get my putting line?!?! This is really bothering me. I just talking about the straight line coming off the putter you use to judge the break.
-I don't understand why, if I have an A rating in impact, that the width of the driving impact is only 1 space wide. It's screwing up most of my drives because I rarely hit perfect shots. Please don't tell me that every character with any stats has only that much driving impact, that's crazy

The driving impact is because you're on the 1W. It's always like that regardless of the character's rating. If I think I stand a chance of hitting it into a bunker or something when driving, I'll switch to a 3W.

The driving impact is because you're on the 1W. It's always like that regardless of the character's rating. If I think I stand a chance of hitting it into a bunker or something when driving, I'll switch to a 3W.
Thanks. I still think that's crazy. I'm almost sure HSG5 gave you more room even on the driver.

Number45

I shall make a point of crying about my lack of an albatross in every post I make in this thread. :'(

No sign of the patch I take it? Saw this and wondered if it might be related, but as we haven't heard anything I'm not sure.

TheBear

Is there any advantages to using Advanced shot? I seem to remember it gave you extra power in the PS3 version. Is it just me or is the advanced shot slightly different than the PS3 version?

Is there any advantages to using Advanced shot? I seem to remember it gave you extra power in the PS3 version. Is it just me or is the advanced shot slightly different than the PS3 version?

As far as I know, all the shot types are the same in terms of power.

Really irritated at the way they nixed traditional shots in the previous game. I just couldn't get used to the advanced shot.

6964715586_d1000f65e4_z.jpg

For Advanced they added a power gauge. In the PS3 game there was no gauge, just blinking lights at 50% and 100%.

Advanced does have one minor advantage over the other shots. When you press circle/triangle to adjust power at impact it adjusts to the nearest one percent on power. For example, setting 100% power and pressing circle at impact to be able to hit a shot with 99% power. In Circle Shot pressing circle at 100% knocks it down to 98% because there are fewer than 100 increments on the power bar, which is kind of annoying. It usually only bugs me on shots ~200yards plus where I'll be like "100% this is 10 feet too long, 98% is 10 feet too short" then I cycle nearby clubs trying to find something that would be equivalent of 99% and sometimes can't.

I originally wanted to play with Advanced shots in this game, similar to how I did in the PS3 version, switching to a side view to have optimum view of the backswing... but it's too cumbersome having to press the screen twice everytime I want to switch views. It'd take forever to play rounds. Also, I noticed when getting that screengrab that some players are too tall for the side view in Advanced... Max's power gauge was cut off at the top of the screen -_-

Oh well, Circle Shot is good enough :) I do miss being able to hit 99% power shots and having the ghost ball for putting but oh well, not a huge deal

*edit* ugh, playing a round with Advanced and switching to side view to power my shots. Forgot how it often gives you terrible camera angles of the ball's flight. That's yet another reason I didn't bother with it

depward

I go with Langundo (last caddy to unlock) simply because I find his voice to be a bit quieter than the others :) I've also found - sometimes he feeds me incorrect advice! He'll tell me the putt is a hook, but I find that it's dead on or a slight fade.

Jim

I rely on the caddy's feedback, right after a green shot, to plan my follow-up especially when playing online. I hold my breath and listen closely for the "looks good!" or whatever comment, and then crack a smile.

Number45

Need to jump back into the daily tournaments.
There'll be a reset soon, so if rank is what you're after I wouldn't bother just yet. I'm just running them in the vain hope of fluking an albatross.

I go with Langundo (last caddy to unlock) simply because I find his voice to be a bit quieter than the others :) I've also found - sometimes he feeds me incorrect advice! He'll tell me the putt is a hook, but I find that it's dead on or a slight fade.
They all do that, the double-crossing mofos!

Bebpo

Banned
I have no idea how I beat the 2nd half of the Al Arabian course in Bronze. It's so weird because the first half 4-1 was easy and not much tougher than previous courses. But ffffuuu at 4-2. There are so many holes on that course where you can get screwed really really bad by 1 mistake in planning or missing your shot by a millisecond. I got to the last hole in the lead and then the ball rolls across the entire putting green into the water :|

For the single player modes in future HSG games I think they should incorporate a Forza style rewind system. The whole thing where 1 millisecond mistake costs you an entire 9 hole course is a bit much.

Hot Shots Golf 6 Update Due Next Week
Sony will give PlayStation Vita launch title Hot Shots Golf 6 an update on the 7th. The update, which takes the game to version 1.04, will add the following features:

Versus Rooms
Players can create rooms where they freely set match type, course and other rules. The game supports rounds with eight players playing simultaneously. You'll be able to engage in voice chat as you face off against your friends.

Grade System Added to Real Tournament Mode
Real Tournament Mode will now have a four level grade system, allowing you to face off against players who are close to your level.

Tour System Added to Daily National Tournament Mode
The Daily National Tournament mode will feature a tour system where you take part in one week tours. Each tour will begin on Tuesdays. Tournaments will be held daily through Sunday, with the results announced on Monday.
http://andriasang.com/con0vs/minna_no_golf_6_update/

Stroke Mode only supporting two players is kind of a bummer :\ That's what my pals and I played most on OOB was 4P stroke rooms. Guess we'll just have to make do with the New Real rooms.

Anyone else utter shit at putting? I've been trying to do the first amateur cup for about a week, still can't get past it due to dire putting skills. Practice has made no difference, the grid doesn't help me one bit and if I get the cursor dead on the red flag on the putting gauge my ball ends up about 2m from the hole ???

Back when I played the game daily I had an intuitive feeling about the putting. If you're missing the hole by 2 meters then I'm guessing you forget to take the slope into account.

Anyone else utter shit at putting? I've been trying to do the first amateur cup for about a week, still can't get past it due to dire putting skills. Practice has made no difference, the grid doesn't help me one bit and if I get the cursor dead on the red flag on the putting gauge my ball ends up about 2m from the hole ???

This is an unscientific way of doing it but it should help with getting at least the distance right (assuming you're using m/cm).

(Based on a normal putter - 10m)

1. Find out the remaining distance you have to the hole.

2. Look for the arrow at the top of the screen telling you how far up/down the hole is from the ball. Blue = down, Red = Up. Take the distance and divide by 10. Add or subtract this from the remaining distance (if the arrow is blue, subtract, if the arrow is red, add). This should give you the power you need to reach the hole (though take care when going downhill as the ball may travel even further).

3. Find the point on the bar you need to stop the marker (there should be 10 small markers = 1m each). If the point is past the maximum distance of the current club, hit square to go to the next club up.

4. Look at the markings going left to right or vice versa. Adjust accordingly. If the down/up-slope is going faster than the left/right slope then you won't need to veer off to the side as much.

5. Hit the shot. If you followed steps 1-3, you should at least be getting close to the hole unless you're really unlucky to hit a very fast down slope.

The 10 segments = 2m each on the 20m putter and 3m each on the 30m putter. If you're unlucky enough to need the 40m putter, then each segment obviously is 4m.

It's a good idea to get yourself better on your approach play so you don't have to resort to the larger putts unless you really have to (i.e. the direct path of your normal approach shot is blocked but you can reach the green another way)

Granted 9:37 AM eastern isn't exactly prime time, I still wasn't expecting to see this :lol

7141902939_69e3312c92.jpg

That's the first time I've gotten on and it's been a ghost town, not that I was expecting more than a handful of people on.

Man, I'll be glad when the patch hits and there's only ONE daily tournament. Maybe feeling under the weather the past week has something to do with it, but three per day is seeming like too much of a time commitment lately. I'll devote my hour (sometimes longer) to warming up and getting them done, then a lot of times feel too tuckered out to wanna do some live-play afterwards. And on days where I just don't feel like doing them it's -- "ughhhh I'm only playing these because I feel obligated to and don't wanna drop like a rock on the leaderboard." So yeah, one will be much preferred, for me anyway.

I imagine a single Daily will have an added bonus of increasing live-play server traffic as well, so yay. Hoping for a decent crowd once the patch hits.

Still moping about stroke rooms only supporting two players *sniff* Especially after talking with friends since the game came out "Man, it's gonna be awesome when they patch this and we can Party Chat in Stroke Play rooms." I was really looking forward to getting my group together and shooting the shit while watching each other take shots. Oh well. *mope mope*

Massa

Got to the silver cup and it's brutal. The difficulty curve in this game is pretty terrible.

Think I'm going for crowns now instead. Or easy mode - what are the cons of easy mode? Do you get fewer points or locked out of trophies and unlockables?

I think it'll be a different case with this game. The Asian and western versions were released a lot closer together this time. The 1.03 patch looks like it went up Feb 9 for Minna and was available at launch (Feb 15) I believe for the US version. Hopefully we'll get this one just as soon

Top Bottom