• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

depward

Yeah it's ridiculous how long it's taking for ANYTHING to come out in NA (patch, DLC, etc.). In fact, today marks the first day I haven't done all of the dailies; it gets boring always doing the first two courses :/

TheBear

Does anyone have any advice for chipping? I wasn't very good at HSG5, but I swear I used to nail almost every chip shot. I might get 1 out of 10 in the Vita game. Some tips would be appreciated!

I just hope that the patch comes out soon in the US, I just recently picked up the game and while it's incredibly fun playing with friends online: It's not exactly the greatest spending a large majority of the time actually waiting for the tournaments where we could just be playing in our own private rooms during this time.

7590409462_bfe4c9526d.jpg

Huzzah, patch coming finally

Nice. My wallet will be ready when we get that stuff whether it's... Halloween... Thanksgiving... whenever :p

:) @ Gloria. I was hoping they'd add her since she and Suzuki have portraits in Lobby 2. Hopefully Suzuki comes later, although I don't really use the nov chars all that much. I'm sure that'll change once the graded tours start, though... The dailies allowing me to use Izzak every day has me neglecting nov/int chars these past several months. Oops.

shihiko has since made a post about the new content: http://mingol.shihiko.net/

Can someone please explain what is going on with the online tourney?

I know we have a new system in place, but every time I go to play it says my information is not updated and to hit triangle to update, then nothing happens...............

They just haven't had any dailies the last two days. They weren't clear about it in the online message but that happened to everyone. The new daily system should be up after tonight's update is applied

They just haven't had any dailies the last two days. They weren't clear about it in the online message but that happened to everyone. The new daily system should be up after tonight's update is applied

Well, that and the extra maintenance.

Just need to survive a day at work then we can begin anew :). Managed to recover to 10th place in the overall standings before the big refresh (thanks mainly to everyone who missed the last couple of tourneys) :)

STG

had my first 2 online matches today, never bothered before

and OH MY GOD what is going on, everybody is just butchering me, I will never ever rank up

it is just too brutal, the first 1-6 players where on -11/-10 I was +3

bender

What time is it?
Started off with a par on today's tourney and was a little depressed, then I holed out two par 4s and finished -11 and 1st overall (at the time with ~430 posted scores). I'm sure it will not hold up but luck was on my side. I'm a little sad that there is only one 9-hole round per day.

had my first 2 online matches today, never bothered before

and OH MY GOD what is going on, everybody is just butchering me, I will never ever rank up

it is just too brutal, the first 1-6 players where on -11/-10 I was +3

As everyone starts at G3 regardless of skill level, the first few days (maybe a week in) will be full of players who practically live in the higher ranks. So don't fret for now. Just try your best and use the rounds as an opportunity to have some practice. Soon you'll be trying to head up the grades yourself!

STG

As everyone starts at G3 regardless of skill level, the first few days (maybe a week in) will be full of players who practically live in the higher ranks. So don't fret for now. Just try your best and use the rounds as an opportunity to have some practice. Soon you'll be trying to head up the grades yourself!

yeah hopefully, It is really terrifying

also there must be something in this game that I do not understand, I am so far off of the other players, they must know something I don't

Does anyone have a good Guide on hand for the basics? like how to really deal with the wind etc.

yeah hopefully, It is really terrifying

also there must be something in this game that I do not understand, I am so far off of the other players, they must know something I don't

Does anyone have a good Guide on hand for the basics? like how to really deal with the wind etc.

It's more consistency than anything. Hitting perfect impact is the first aim and after that, putting. Once you get the hang of both of those, you can start looking at wind and how the ball reacts. If you're struggling, just make sure you hit those fairways and greens for a start.

Oh, and Shihiko's guide's will give you a great grounding at certain aspects of the game.

http://mingol.shihiko.net/?page_id=5

Ponn

Banned
I want to load HSG back on my Vita and try the new update stuff. With the new private matches I think it would be easier to organize a GAF tournament of sorts. If anyone else is interested either message me here, through PSN or drop a note here with PSN ID's. If you don't want PSN ID I won't post here just message me through PM or PSN and I will setup a schedule for this weekend. Let me know if you preference doing this Sat or Sun. I have a brand new Vita Cradle I was going to put as prize for winner.

Amory

Man, some of the crown challenges are a bitch. Completed all the easier ones and now I'm really struggling.

I've started playing this game again after seeing the pic of that one guy that got all crowns. Currently I'm making slow progress on Silver Rank. I've only won one tournament so far and lost two others only barely. On another tournament I have +17, though. That pissed me off like nothing else. lol

winjet81

I've started playing this game again after seeing the pic of that one guy that got all crowns. Currently I'm making slow progress on Silver Rank. I've only won one tournament so far and lost two others only barely. On another tournament I have +17, though. That pissed me off like nothing else. lol

I downloaded the game last week, played for about a day, and went on to my first online tourney where I carted a +16 on Al Arabiän (in). ;\

One week later, some leveled up players and practice, practice practice: I shot a -4 this afternoon.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Finally got all the crowns and now I'm closing in on the Platinum. All I have left are:

Perfect Spiral - (I did it in a Vs match but that doesn't count)
Chaser of the Flame - (I've hit the pin with a super backspin from the rough but it didn't do it, I should just use super spin clubs)
I Love Everybody - (only 3 characters left and they're all level 3 already)

I'm glad I never switched it to easy mode.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!

Anyone still following this thread?

I've been trying now for months to complete 6-5 on regular difficulty but I just can't do it, I'm so close, I just want 6-5 out the way, any advice?

My setup,

Grace : Grass Cutter Lv2 club & Pin Hole Lv2 ball

Have also tried Xiao Ling using same club & ball set-up, even going to law of averages I thought I might of chanced completing the course by now, I literary tried hundreds of times.

:-(

What character and set-up are you guys using to complete 6-5 on regular difficulty?

KalBalboa

Banned
Just picked this up for $10 new at Best Buy last night. Seems really fun and absolutely worth the price.

After some brief Googling and browsing through the PS Store on my Vita, I have to ask: where is the DLC for this game? Is there any?

EDIT: Just found some info on a few other forums that seems to make sense:

The team that handles the localization was busy trying to release the PS3 version of Minna No Golf 6 ok. After that game comes out on Thursday I'm sure they'll start working on our servers again.

addyb

Does anyone still play this online as in the lobbies or is the majority just doing the dailys? I sold my vita around June last year but I'm buying another next week with EG again as I love the game but curious to know if you can still get a game online?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does anyone still play this online as in the lobbies or is the majority just doing the dailys? I sold my vita around June last year but I'm buying another next week with EG again as I love the game but curious to know if you can still get a game online?

I tried last week around Midnight EST and the place was completely dead. Dailies still have like 700 people playing, but yeah... maybe you'll get lucky if you play on Japan time or maybe the game is truly dead.

addyb

I tried last week around Midnight EST and the place was completely dead. Dailies still have like 700 people playing, but yeah... maybe you'll get lucky if you play on Japan time or maybe the game is truly dead.

Thats a shame. Still at least dailies are populated.

We could always try and arrange a game over the weekend, but yeah. I've confined myself to just dailies - until it goes free on PSN+ ;)

TheSeks

18 hole room is up in Horse Lobby 1. I'll wait like 3 minutes to see if anyone joins.

TheSeks

+10 for 18 holes isn't too bad, but not good either. I bogey'd that last hole by missing the putt by like 1.4 feet. ANGER.

TheSeks

I didn't know you could use the D-pad during impact to "spin" your shots and get a homing shot. I'm going to have to test this and go beyond normal golfing. Hohoho...

Top Bottom